EA Loses 'Worst Company In America' Contest In First Round

#101sirfailalotPosted 3/24/2014 7:33:13 PM
They really need to make multiple categories. Slap in a poll for worst GAMING company and EA would be in the finals with Crapcom. Most people who go online have been screwed by a gaming company/ISP in some way or another. Not everyone gives two f***s about animal abuse. (I do say seaworld needs to go bye bye though.)

Hell just two categories. Entertainment company and everything else.

EA vs Crapcom, Comcast vs.... well, take your pick.
#102hyjinx17Posted 3/24/2014 7:38:34 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Okay lets take a look at this and ignore the favt that you said source.

The push for DRM on consoles: nothing wrong with that.
Online passes: they make no money from used games, it's a fail safe in a way.
releasing games long before they are ready and patching them after the game is out: that's the developers fault that they couldn't meet a deadline.
review events that cater to the media in order to get them favorable reviews: every publisher does this, from take two to ubisoft.
Making Origin a requirement for their PC games (that thing is a pos that installs spyware on your computer): the spyware was from a third party installing it not ea, also it's drm to combat piracy, nothing wrong with that.
Dungeon Keeper on mobile: it's mobile game, micro transactions are what makes them money.
Selling content on the disk as DLC: This is an awful practice that capcom started so ea followed suit.
Day 1 DLC: once a game is finished and they start working on dlc, what's wrong with that? More content to the gamer.
ME3 being rushed out without being properly finished: bioware a fault.
buying up studios then closing those studios under them (I give Bioware 5 years): the studios aren't worth keeping open if they fail to make profit.
Microtransactions: you don't have to buy them and they aren't effecting your gameplay unless you play on a mobile device.
Sim City and online only modes for single player games: Maxis develops the sims.
Forcing developers to make multiplayer modes (in order to have more microtransactions) on games that don't need it. DA and Mirror's Edge will have them. Look at what happened to Dead Space as they pushed more and more on adding multiplayer and micro-transactions the series has gone massively down hill and was rumored to be canned soon after DS3 launched: Multiplayer is the part of the future, ea is pushing for that, micro transactions are not a bad thing.

There you see, nothing bad apart from on disc dlc.

Are...are you serious? I'm done. My faith in gamers is shattered
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#103Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 7:41:30 PM
sirfailalot posted...
They really need to make multiple categories. Slap in a poll for worst GAMING company and EA would be in the finals with Crapcom. Most people who go online have been screwed by a gaming company/ISP in some way or another. Not everyone gives two f***s about animal abuse. (I do say seaworld needs to go bye bye though.)

Ea vs Konami vs Capcom in a triple threat win or close down match.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#104CovenantPosted 3/24/2014 7:50:46 PM
Jedi454 posted...
This is why their country is so corrupt internally, because half their population doesn't use logic half the time.

Deep philosophical musings on human nature from a kid who throws the word logic around without knowing what it means.

The problem isn't that people don't use logic. Logic is a form. It's a process. You can't look at what someone does and say they aren't employing logic because logic can lead to practically any conclusion. The problem is that the premises they base their logical formulations on are woefully misguided.
#105sirfailalotPosted 3/24/2014 7:53:29 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
sirfailalot posted...

Konami for this whole MGS bulls*** fest right? I haven't really been keeping tabs on them. I'd say them or crapcom would be easy winners between that three, but I hear BF4 is pretty much the worst thing since Sim city's launch. So..yeah. They've been doing better than usual lately, but they're still EA :/
#106Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 7:56:23 PM
sirfailalot posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
sirfailalot posted...

Konami for this whole MGS bulls*** fest right? I haven't really been keeping tabs on them. I'd say them or crapcom would be easy winners between that three, but I hear BF4 is pretty much the worst thing since Sim city's launch. So..yeah. They've been doing better than usual lately, but they're still EA :/

The only positive thing to come from Konami is PES recently but that's still riddled with dlc.

Pes2014 was barebones as you could get and then they charged you for what should've been for free.

Oh and it also runs off kojimas fox engine.

Kojima should retire.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#107sirfailalotPosted 3/24/2014 8:01:14 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
sirfailalot posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
sirfailalot posted...

The only positive thing to come from Konami is PES recently but that's still riddled with dlc.

Pes2014 was barebones as you could get and then they charged you for what should've been for free.

Oh and it also runs off kojimas fox engine.

Kojima should retire.

Not big on sports games or shooters so I wouldn't really know :/ But crap is crap no matter the genre. Shame, Konami used to be good. But then so were Square and Crapcom. So many companies that have gotten so big they think they can tell gamers what they want.
#108SudiekenPosted 3/24/2014 8:06:43 PM
Covenant posted...
Jedi454 posted...
This is why their country is so corrupt internally, because half their population doesn't use logic half the time.

Deep philosophical musings on human nature from a kid who throws the word logic around without knowing what it means.

The problem isn't that people don't use logic. Logic is a form. It's a process. You can't look at what someone does and say they aren't employing logic because logic can lead to practically any conclusion. The problem is that the premises they base their logical formulations on are woefully misguided.

Tragically, the 13 year old you responded to won't be able to comprehend your response.
#109godslayer61Posted 3/24/2014 8:06:57 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
BSerenity posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Wow, right? Look at what Titanfall did for EA...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/24/5543738/ea-voted-out-of-consumerists-worst-company-in-america-race

http://kotaku.com/ea-loses-worst-company-in-america-contest-in-first-ro-1550628664?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Lmfao. Titanfall had nothing to do with it.

Of course you'd respond. Gotcha!

Oh, and prove it didn't.

here is proof go look it up , infamous out sold titanfall the x1 and pc version combined in 3 days lol and you think it helped them were one game on 1 console beat it in 3 days
---
psn-kish1975 ---- (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975---3ds=name, kish1975-FC-5386-9140-2291 ---http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#110KobraXZPosted 3/24/2014 8:09:42 PM(edited)
godslayer61 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
BSerenity posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Wow, right? Look at what Titanfall did for EA...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/24/5543738/ea-voted-out-of-consumerists-worst-company-in-america-race

http://kotaku.com/ea-loses-worst-company-in-america-contest-in-first-ro-1550628664?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Lmfao. Titanfall had nothing to do with it.

Of course you'd respond. Gotcha!

Oh, and prove it didn't.

here is proof go look it up , infamous out sold titanfall the x1 and pc version combined in 3 days lol and you think it helped them were one game on 1 console beat it in 3 days

I don't even know what this means. Can someone translate?

EDIT: I get the first part, but after "in 3 days lol" I'm lost.