EA Loses 'Worst Company In America' Contest In First Round

#111Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 9:11:25 PM
Sudieken posted...
Covenant posted...
Jedi454 posted...
This is why their country is so corrupt internally, because half their population doesn't use logic half the time.

Deep philosophical musings on human nature from a kid who throws the word logic around without knowing what it means.

The problem isn't that people don't use logic. Logic is a form. It's a process. You can't look at what someone does and say they aren't employing logic because logic can lead to practically any conclusion. The problem is that the premises they base their logical formulations on are woefully misguided.

Tragically, the 13 year old you responded to won't be able to comprehend your response.

But the United States of America is still the worst country in the western world or 1st world if you prefer calling it that.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#112tatsuya1221Posted 3/24/2014 9:13:34 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Monsanto is pretty much the worst company on the planet...they'll probably take it.

They definitely are worse than ea, heck even comcast doesn't do things that can actively kill us like monsanto does.
---
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.
#113Enigma149Posted 3/24/2014 9:21:43 PM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
But the United States of America is still the worst country in the western world or 1st world if you prefer calling it that.

Because...?

tatsuya1221 posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
Monsanto is pretty much the worst company on the planet...they'll probably take it.

They definitely are worse than ea, heck even comcast doesn't do things that can actively kill us like monsanto does.

My "final four" would probably be Monsanto, Bank of America, Verizon, and Sea World (though that 4th...quarter? Region? Whatever you call a portion of a bracket) is really weak...
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#114Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 9:21:14 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Because...?

It's government, it's debt and the mentality if many Americans I've come across as "'Mercia is the best and the only country in the world and the rest if the nations are just peasants".

#merica
---
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#115Enigma149Posted 3/24/2014 9:33:49 PM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Because...?

It's government, it's debt and the mentality if many Americans I've come across as "'Mercia is the best and the only country in the world and the rest if the nations are just peasants".

#merica

If you're worried about corruption, then you should know America's government isn't nearly as corrupt as most other governments in the world - hell, it's 19th on Transparency International's list of least corrupt countries (tied with Uruguay, behind Japan, and just ahead of Ireland).

It's true the US leads the world in debt in terms of raw numbers, it's nowhere near the top in terms of per-capita debt. Even if we don't use this as a measurement, I'm sure you and I'd agree that countries like Greece and Spain have far worse debt problems than the US. Coincidentally two countries with relatively corrupt governments (though I should point out they're still in TI's top half).

The "general consensus" might be more spot-on, but ask any person in any country in the world which is best, and I guarantee that (so long as they don't live in a dictatorship), they put theirs as #1. I should also point out that most "'Murica" comments are meant as jokes, not to be taken literally.

Of course, the government's not perfect (not even close), but the "worst in the western world"? I don't think so.

***EDIT***
I am NOT saying those other countries I mentioned are bad, or worse than the United States in this comment. I'm just saying the reasons the person I replied to had for saying the US was the worst were poor reasons.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#116HenryKazukaPosted 3/25/2014 12:45:28 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
The only positive thing to come from Konami is PES recently but that's still riddled with dlc.

Pes2014 was barebones as you could get and then they charged you for what should've been for free.

Oh and it also runs off kojimas fox engine.

Kojima should retire.

I'd cut the guys a brake, they had to adapt the engine for the game which takes some work. At least they didn't go the "release the same game every year with a different rooster" route everyone does nowadays.

2014 felt like the first decent PES on the PS3.
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#117NeoMonkPosted 3/25/2014 12:47:20 AM
I hope obama is in the running!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#118Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 12:49:13 AM
HenryKazuka posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
The only positive thing to come from Konami is PES recently but that's still riddled with dlc.

Pes2014 was barebones as you could get and then they charged you for what should've been for free.

Oh and it also runs off kojimas fox engine.

Kojima should retire.

I'd cut the guys a brake, they had to adapt the engine for the game which takes some work. At least they didn't go the "release the same game every year with a different rooster" route everyone does nowadays.

2014 felt like the first decent PES on the PS3.

I much prefer PES as welcomed the new engine but after I brought it home the lack of features or character faces annoyed me, even though PES barely has anything official it always had the better gameplay and better character models and animations.

It really annoyed me.
---
#119SoulTrapperPosted 3/25/2014 1:54:30 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Okay lets take a look at this and ignore the favt that you said source.

nothing wrong with that.

Of course there is something wrong with that. It's something that only affects paying customers, because people who don't pay get around it anyway.
Even EA themselves admitted this already: http://www.digital-digest.com/news-63625-EA-Boss-Says-DRM-Doesnt-Work-Claims-SimCitys-DRM-is-not-DRM.html

they make no money from used games, it's a fail safe in a way.

Neither have any companies that came before (or companies in different industries)and still the industry grew big. I'm not against online passes, but the "they don't make money off of second hand sales" argument is stupid.

that's the developers fault that they couldn't meet a deadline.

That's just stupid.

every publisher does this, from take two to ubisoft.

that's correct

the spyware was from a third party installing it not ea, also it's drm to combat piracy, nothing wrong with that.

DRM doesn't work, EA already said this themselves. Origin is a way for EA to maximize profits and avoid having third parties like Steam or Greenman make money from their games. Limiting their games so they're only available from Origin means they get to determine their price at all times, so no holiday sales or anything unless they want to.

it's mobile game, micro transactions are what makes them money.

It's not just the microtransactions, they even rigged it so you couldn't give it a low score

This is an awful practice that capcom started so ea followed suit.

Why? Why did they follow? Just because Tommy kills a cat, doesn't mean jimmy should do the same.

once a game is finished and they start working on dlc, what's wrong with that? More content to the gamer.

Wrong: http://i.imgur.com/rq7aa3p.jpg

bioware a fault.

Wrong, EAs fault

the studios aren't worth keeping open if they fail to make profit.

Except that's what happens when you force companies to rush out games and cater to a "wider audience" to try and get more sales. Just look at Dragon Age 2(we want the CoD audience), Dead Space 3, C&C renegade and numerous others. Studios go under because the quality of their games goes down when EA is involved

you don't have to buy them and they aren't effecting your gameplay unless you play on a mobile device.

They do affect your gameplay. Getting asked to buy stuff in Dead Space 3 completely ruins the immersion and the feeling of being out alone in space. There is no reason for MTs in a $60 game.Also, slippery slope.

Maxis develops the sims.

And EA determines how the games turn out

Multiplayer is the part of the future, ea is pushing for that, micro transactions are not a bad thing.

Where do you get that idea? Multiplayer in a game that doesn't have any need for it or isn't designed for it, simply takes away from the time and money devs could spend on the single player.
Nobody is going to buy Dragon Age 3 because of the multiplayer, people buy it for the single player and the multiplayer COULD be a nice extra, but it's not a reason as to why people buy a game.
The only reason multiplayer is added to those games, is because it allows for MTs and smaller DLC to be made/sold.

There you see, nothing bad apart from on disc dlc.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/yNbfEAe.png

http://i.imgur.com/ulzPrbH.jpg
#120ArkonBladePosted 3/25/2014 2:28:07 AM
jpraelster posted...
Thats disappointing I was hoping to see them get it again

so much for the Hat Trick.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade