EA Loses 'Worst Company In America' Contest In First Round

#81lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 5:39:58 PM
Seaworld has a huge chance to win it this year though. I mean you have a high profile movie available on Netflix that basically shows them being responsible for the deaths of humans and animals, not to mention tons of obvious animal cruelty, and blatant lying to customers.

All of these horrible things tarnish the happy experiences people had throughout the years. Very eye opening.
#82ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/24/2014 5:40:43 PM
bshwalker posted...
Seaworld is on the list because of animal cruelty, in the way they obtained the Orcas and other abuses, but the big thing that stuck out in the documentary is that they flat out lie.
They lie to the public and to their own employees. The trainers are not educated in Orca behavior and are not trainers at all.
That has resulted in several fatalities, one of which had a problem Orca (a man killer) kill and partially eat a "trainer" in front of an audience. Seaworld lied about every aspect of that incident and continued to use that Orca in shows, without telling the new trainers what they were working with.
They still continue to lie and hide.
That makes them number one in my book. People have been killed and maimed because of their lies. Mansanto is tied with them. They spray their pesticide laden seeds into adjacent privately owned farms, and then sue the farm for using Mansanto trademarked seeds. The farmers lose their farm and guess who moves in. Yep. A farmer in Canada recently countersued and won saying that their seeds contaminated his farm and they need pay for the clean-up of their filth off his farm.
I would like to see Mansanto leadership be employed as "trainers" at Seaworld.

Wow I honestly did not know any of that. My first pick would have been WalMart or GameStop because of how they treat their customers and employees but that is just awful.
---
Why was Oedipus against profanity? Because he kisses his mother with that mouth.
#83Cactuar512Posted 3/24/2014 5:42:10 PM
extanker posted...
Jedi454 posted...
LOL AMERICANS thinking a game or software/ hardware company should be the worst company in your country.

I know, right? 'Wow, that company tortures sealife for amusement.' 'Psh. Forget that, EA charged me for DLC! Hands down worst company in America!'

It really is embarrassing.

---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#84PrinceMedionPosted 3/24/2014 5:53:20 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Ea never deserved to be on the list, wow they had server problems, they are truly evil.

Gamers are such cry babies these days.

EA is the source of almost everything wrong with the current game industry.

The push for DRM on consoles
Online passes
releasing games long before they are ready and patching them after the game is out
review events that cater to the media in order to get them favorable reviews
Making Origin a requirement for their PC games (that thing is a pos that installs spyware on your computer)
Dungeon Keeper on mobile
Selling content on the disk as DLC
Day 1 DLC
ME3 being rushed out without being properly finished
buying up studios then closing those studios under them (I give Bioware 5 years)
Microtransactions
Sim City and online only modes for single player games
Forcing developers to make multiplayer modes (in order to have more microtransactions) on games that don't need it. DA and Mirror's Edge will have them. Look at what happened to Dead Space as they pushed more and more on adding multiplayer and micro-transactions the series has gone massively down hill and was rumored to be canned soon after DS3 launched.

So almost quite literally EVERYTHING consumers complain about in modern gaming can be traced to EA in some way, either they started it or took it and made it even more horrible. Remember before the last generation started when we were actually EXCITED for DLC? Remember what we were told it was going to be doing? Them making extra content after the games come out that would be substantial for a moderate price thus giving gamers value after the games come out, keeping developers employee and these companies making more money? Only one of the three came true and look at whats happened? Studios get shut down left and right, 90% of DLC isn't ever worth it or is already on the disk and locked away so they can charge you for things that used to be free, DLC has gone up in price all around and we continuously get less content as time goes on.

So knowing all of that, what company do you actually think is worse then EA in the gaming industry?
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#85lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 5:57:54 PM
Citation needed for everything posted above me.
#86lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 6:04:57 PM(edited)
Sony had the first online pass game with SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 on PSP.
Capcom is the king of on disc DLC, nobody even comes close.
There is basically no proof that Ea was the first, or the worst offender when it comes to rushing games and patching games after release.
#87Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 6:04:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#88lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 6:11:54 PM
Also unless you can show me otherwise.
This Kotaku article makes "review events" look like they started with the super hyped Halo, GTA, COD games. So Bungie, MS, Rockstar, and Activision are the reason these things became normal.

http://kotaku.com/5416788/reviewing-a-game-on-their-terms-the-increasingly-prominent-review-event
#89Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 6:13:55 PM
Okay lets take a look at this and ignore the favt that you said source.

The push for DRM on consoles: nothing wrong with that.
Online passes: they make no money from used games, it's a fail safe in a way.
releasing games long before they are ready and patching them after the game is out: that's the developers fault that they couldn't meet a deadline.
review events that cater to the media in order to get them favorable reviews: every publisher does this, from take two to ubisoft.
Making Origin a requirement for their PC games (that thing is a pos that installs spyware on your computer): the spyware was from a third party installing it not ea, also it's drm to combat piracy, nothing wrong with that.
Dungeon Keeper on mobile: it's mobile game, micro transactions are what makes them money.
Selling content on the disk as DLC: This is an awful practice that capcom started so ea followed suit.
Day 1 DLC: once a game is finished and they start working on dlc, what's wrong with that? More content to the gamer.
ME3 being rushed out without being properly finished: bioware a fault.
buying up studios then closing those studios under them (I give Bioware 5 years): the studios aren't worth keeping open if they fail to make profit.
Microtransactions: you don't have to buy them and they aren't effecting your gameplay unless you play on a mobile device.
Sim City and online only modes for single player games: Maxis develops the sims.
Forcing developers to make multiplayer modes (in order to have more microtransactions) on games that don't need it. DA and Mirror's Edge will have them. Look at what happened to Dead Space as they pushed more and more on adding multiplayer and micro-transactions the series has gone massively down hill and was rumored to be canned soon after DS3 launched: Multiplayer is the part of the future, ea is pushing for that, micro transactions are not a bad thing.

There you see, nothing bad apart from on disc dlc.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#90PrinceMedionPosted 3/24/2014 6:17:19 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Sony had the first online pass game with SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 on PSP.
Capcom is the king of on disc DLC, nobody even comes close.
There is basically no proof that Ea was the first, or the worst offender when it comes to rushing games and patching games after release.

Online passes didn't get big until EA took them up and then everyone started doing it. Rushing games and patching games post release? I take you don't keep up with gaming news or didn't pay attention to the massive debacle that was Sim City or BF4 last year the latter of which is still buggy as all hell on PC and its been 5 months.

I'll agree Capcom is the worst offender of on disk DLC that people talked about but have you ever played a sports game and all of the extra jersey's and crap you can purchase that are locked away on the disk? Do I need to bring up ME3's day one DLC with an extra party member that cost 10 F***ing dollars extra for a character that has a huge lore role in the game and without him the party you are forced to go with is severely lacking along with microtransactions in the forced multiplayer mode when you had to do if you wanted to get 100% completion?

I take it you LOVE origin too right?
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.