EA Loses 'Worst Company In America' Contest In First Round

#91PrinceMedionPosted 3/24/2014 7:20:03 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Okay lets take a look at this and ignore the favt that you said source.

The push for DRM on consoles: nothing wrong with that.
Online passes: they make no money from used games, it's a fail safe in a way.
releasing games long before they are ready and patching them after the game is out: that's the developers fault that they couldn't meet a deadline.
review events that cater to the media in order to get them favorable reviews: every publisher does this, from take two to ubisoft.
Making Origin a requirement for their PC games (that thing is a pos that installs spyware on your computer): the spyware was from a third party installing it not ea, also it's drm to combat piracy, nothing wrong with that.
Dungeon Keeper on mobile: it's mobile game, micro transactions are what makes them money.
Selling content on the disk as DLC: This is an awful practice that capcom started so ea followed suit.
Day 1 DLC: once a game is finished and they start working on dlc, what's wrong with that? More content to the gamer.
ME3 being rushed out without being properly finished: bioware a fault.
buying up studios then closing those studios under them (I give Bioware 5 years): the studios aren't worth keeping open if they fail to make profit.
Microtransactions: you don't have to buy them and they aren't effecting your gameplay unless you play on a mobile device.
Sim City and online only modes for single player games: Maxis develops the sims.
Forcing developers to make multiplayer modes (in order to have more microtransactions) on games that don't need it. DA and Mirror's Edge will have them. Look at what happened to Dead Space as they pushed more and more on adding multiplayer and micro-transactions the series has gone massively down hill and was rumored to be canned soon after DS3 launched: Multiplayer is the part of the future, ea is pushing for that, micro transactions are not a bad thing.

There you see, nothing bad apart from on disc dlc.

You are either trolling, work for EA, or are very very stupid.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#92Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 7:21:41 PM
PrinceMedion posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Okay lets take a look at this and ignore the favt that you said source.

The push for DRM on consoles: nothing wrong with that.
Online passes: they make no money from used games, it's a fail safe in a way.
releasing games long before they are ready and patching them after the game is out: that's the developers fault that they couldn't meet a deadline.
review events that cater to the media in order to get them favorable reviews: every publisher does this, from take two to ubisoft.
Making Origin a requirement for their PC games (that thing is a pos that installs spyware on your computer): the spyware was from a third party installing it not ea, also it's drm to combat piracy, nothing wrong with that.
Dungeon Keeper on mobile: it's mobile game, micro transactions are what makes them money.
Selling content on the disk as DLC: This is an awful practice that capcom started so ea followed suit.
Day 1 DLC: once a game is finished and they start working on dlc, what's wrong with that? More content to the gamer.
ME3 being rushed out without being properly finished: bioware a fault.
buying up studios then closing those studios under them (I give Bioware 5 years): the studios aren't worth keeping open if they fail to make profit.
Microtransactions: you don't have to buy them and they aren't effecting your gameplay unless you play on a mobile device.
Sim City and online only modes for single player games: Maxis develops the sims.
Forcing developers to make multiplayer modes (in order to have more microtransactions) on games that don't need it. DA and Mirror's Edge will have them. Look at what happened to Dead Space as they pushed more and more on adding multiplayer and micro-transactions the series has gone massively down hill and was rumored to be canned soon after DS3 launched: Multiplayer is the part of the future, ea is pushing for that, micro transactions are not a bad thing.

There you see, nothing bad apart from on disc dlc.

You are either trolling, work for EA, or are very very stupid.

Nope, like I said the only thing wrong with ea is on disc dlc, which they haven't had in a while as far as I can recall?
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#93lunaticcorePosted 3/24/2014 7:33:18 PM(edited)
PrinceMedion posted...
lunaticcore posted...
Sony had the first online pass game with SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 on PSP.
Capcom is the king of on disc DLC, nobody even comes close.
There is basically no proof that Ea was the first, or the worst offender when it comes to rushing games and patching games after release.

Online passes didn't get big until EA took them up and then everyone started doing it. Rushing games and patching games post release? I take you don't keep up with gaming news or didn't pay attention to the massive debacle that was Sim City or BF4 last year the latter of which is still buggy as all hell on PC and its been 5 months.

I'll agree Capcom is the worst offender of on disk DLC that people talked about but have you ever played a sports game and all of the extra jersey's and crap you can purchase that are locked away on the disk? Do I need to bring up ME3's day one DLC with an extra party member that cost 10 F***ing dollars extra for a character that has a huge lore role in the game and without him the party you are forced to go with is severely lacking along with microtransactions in the forced multiplayer mode when you had to do if you wanted to get 100% completion?

I take it you LOVE origin too right?

EDIT: My mistake. Since I had the CE edition of ME3 I though that the DLC was similar to the Bonus characters in DA:O and ME2. Those were tied to any new copy of the game, The ME3 character was included only with the CE Edition. This makes it slightly worse, but either way it seems EA has possibly ended this extra $10 nonsense.

The day one DLC you mention for Mass Effect is exactly the same problem as the online pass. It's the same freaking project 10 dollar thing they are no longer doing. The MP in Mass Effect 3 was legit. Sorry if you didn't enjoy it.

Sim City and BF4 were hardly the first games to need major patching after launch. Getting online function solid before release into the real world is not easy.
#94UnhelpfulNPCPosted 3/24/2014 7:59:17 PM
dj-izzle posted...
What's the deal with SeaWorld... why did they get nominated?

Watch "Blackfish" on Netflix.
#95HenryKazukaPosted 3/24/2014 8:03:37 PM
Mr_Delcroix posted...
It's because only idiots with very short sighted world views believe that EA is literally the most evil corporation in America.

Try Monsanto who actively poisons the world's food supply or some other awful company that does something that's actually a threat to the safety of humans and not some awful publisher who is just as bad as most of the other awful publishers in the business

I doubt they'd even kill you. And trust me, some companies would rather murder you than deal with legal problems you could cause them. They'd do it without a second thought and get away with it.

The thing is it's normal to expect banks, cable and phone companies, etc. to try to screw you. It's their nature and you learn to deal with it (or learn to live despite it).

But EA (and from what i just read, SeaWorld) is an entertainment company. After all of the problems you probably had during the day (dealing with banks, phone companies, etc), you take a moment to relax and play some videogames and BAM you can't play Sim City because of a crappy decision to make it online only, that's when you just say "SCREW YOU, EA!".

Short sighted? Maybe but it's an online poll and the ones who are really the worst companies wouldn't really care. Do you imagine Monsanto saying "We won the Worst Company in America Award, oh no, we shall change our ways from now on" ?
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#96Brakis1882Posted 3/24/2014 8:16:15 PM
Yeah as compared to poisoning water supplies and taking people's homes, making questionable video game content is just horrifying...
#97KHWyvernPosted 3/24/2014 8:21:33 PM
Wonder how the company that trademarked the word Candy is doing. That was stupid, not sure if it was worth worst company in the world stupid, but still stupid.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#98the_old_daysPosted 3/24/2014 8:23:24 PM
Seaworld is owned by the Blackstone group which is a giant financial banking entity, which proves the point: Capitalism is the true root of all evil in the modern world. Hate the game and the player.
---
Unus dies noctesque omnium dolor risus et pugna, et quod peto, omnes? Non autem odium, et faciemus.
#99HellsControllerPosted 3/24/2014 8:28:56 PM
If any other company wins this award, they won't care. They will straight up ignore it. If EA wins, not only do they care, but they try to place the blame on homophobes, write about why they aren't so bad and the entire internet gets butthurt that their choice didn't win the award.

Basically this award means jack s***, but every time EA wins it it's hilarious.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#100Governator00Posted 3/24/2014 8:31:05 PM
Cactuar512 posted...
extanker posted...
Jedi454 posted...
LOL AMERICANS thinking a game or software/ hardware company should be the worst company in your country.

I know, right? 'Wow, that company tortures sealife for amusement.' 'Psh. Forget that, EA charged me for DLC! Hands down worst company in America!'

It really is embarrassing.

This this this. Some companies do things that really are evil (such as child labor) and should be condemned with court action. EA is just a greedy video game corporation (there are a LOT of greedy corporations out there people). People who really believe that EA is the worst company in America are totally irrational and blind.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.