Microsoft shifts gears, tables console gaming for renewed PC focus

#1tobydammitPosted 3/24/2014 1:38:09 PM
Looks like Microsoft president Phil Spencer is shifting focus toward PC gaming, praising Valve (Games for Windows' main competitor) and stressing how important the PC market will be to the company's future.

FTA: "We'll have a renewed focus on - Windows and PC gaming inside of Microsoft."

I think it's great. I have no interest in a Linux Steam box. I'd rather have a Windows system on which I could play my Steam library.

But, you have to wonder, does this suggest their support of the Xbox One is at risk? A renewed focus on PC gaming - an area in which Microsoft continues to dominate - might fall in line with predictions that Stephen Elope would dismantle the Xbox division.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/24/microsoft-praises-valve-vows-renewed-focus-on-pc-games/
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 3/24/2014 1:44:58 PM
Well, with Direct X 12 they are supposedly already trying to focus on PC gaming. Microsoft PC Games and Microsoft Xbox Games are probably separate divisions of the larger Microsoft Gaming umbrella.
#3tobydammit(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 1:46:02 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Well, with Direct X 12 they are supposedly already trying to focus on PC gaming. Microsoft PC Games and Microsoft Xbox Games are probably separate divisions of the larger Microsoft Gaming umbrella.

Good point. I wish Spencer would discuss the Xbox more often because Elope has been weirdly quiet.
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 3/24/2014 1:46:24 PM
Of course this was the idea, this is why the majority of their exclusives get PC ports.
Simply trying to distance themselves from the console market so that next gen if they decide on just PC with their 1st party studios and no xbox division it will be no surprise to anyone.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5mattagascarPosted 3/24/2014 1:49:37 PM
Wheres the part about them tabling console games? Bc I dont see it.
---
GT: NastyFingaz
*Post quality may vary.
#6Jiggy101011Posted 3/24/2014 1:58:30 PM
Can they not do both? Sony focuses their attention on the PS4 and the PSP, and Nintendo focuses theirs on the WiiU and the DS. So why can't Microsoft juggle both the PC market and the console market?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#7SnickleseedPosted 3/24/2014 1:58:49 PM
mattagascar posted...
Wheres the part about them tabling console games? Bc I dont see it.

Of course you don't, because trolls never provide sources to back up their "facts"
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#8schmarkenheimerPosted 3/24/2014 2:00:32 PM
Hopefully they'll back it up.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#9GoIrish80Posted 3/24/2014 3:46:59 PM
They've been spewing that **** for years, I'll believe it when I see it.

The only thing they would need to do is release Forza for PC, and people would be ecstatic. Just freaking give us Forza ONE YEAR MS, that's all I ask.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2