Marc written says it's a great time to be a xbox one owner

#21Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 4:04:55 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
CEO mumbo jumbo honestly.

Why do ppl say this...he doesn't work there anymore...not to mention read the article...this is the third time something like this has been said...they are talking about the things we don't know that is coming to the xbox one

My aunts a CEO and they're figure heads. If he leaves a good past it affects his future jobs. Plus it might be in his contract to pump it leaving or they paid him a bonus to do this. You never know, all I'm saying is his names attached to this so he looks good if it looks good the next year.

Why don't ppl give others the benefit of the doubt thy maybe they are foreal and not just trying shovel us bs....
#22regsantotomasPosted 3/24/2014 4:09:26 PM
Meh, I heard his final interview while still at Microsoft with Major Nelson on his podcast this morning on the drive to work. Seems like a nice enough guy excited about the product he has worked on for a decade and a half.

I think there is, in fact, plenty to be excited about if you are a non-jaded gamer regardless of the platform(s) you choose.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#23kennyynnooPosted 3/24/2014 4:15:50 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Why do ppl say this...he doesn't work there anymore...not to mention read the article...this is the third time something like this has been said...they are talking about the things we don't know that is coming to the xbox one

My aunts a CEO and they're figure heads. If he leaves a good past it affects his future jobs. Plus it might be in his contract to pump it leaving or they paid him a bonus to do this. You never know, all I'm saying is his names attached to this so he looks good if it looks good the next year.

Why don't ppl give others the benefit of the doubt thy maybe they are foreal and not just trying shovel us bs....

All I was getting at with my first reply is CEO shovel bs and you shouldn't get to high on his qoutes. If it was a research department or software/hardware specific person then yeah but this comes off as "I did great leading them, wait and see(future employers hear that?)".

Obviously the x1 is still being babied and far from its potential, I wasn't trolling just so I don't get accused I own one and love it but I just don't see a leaving CEO not wanting to pimp his former project.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#24Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 4:40:23 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Meh, I heard his final interview while still at Microsoft with Major Nelson on his podcast this morning on the drive to work. Seems like a nice enough guy excited about the product he has worked on for a decade and a half.

I think there is, in fact, plenty to be excited about if you are a non-jaded gamer regardless of the platform(s) you choose.

This is exactly what the article is talking about
#25UtterMoonPosted 3/24/2014 4:54:41 PM
Hmmm...to be honest..I don't think a business man know's what gamers want. This fascination with the suit wearing types in Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft is almost a little strange to me...And I kind of doubt that these guys are playing many, if any, games at all...nor do they have a good grasp on what makes a good game, or what we should be excited about.

Its just him being nice..trying to leave on a good note..not wanting to burn bridges on the way out.
#26quincy2000aPosted 3/24/2014 5:23:17 PM
carljenk posted...
But he no longer works for microsoft and is saying this? Interesting.

...do you think he still owns any stock in Microsoft?
#27Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 5:40:45 PM
quincy2000a posted...
carljenk posted...
But he no longer works for microsoft and is saying this? Interesting.

...do you think he still owns any stock in Microsoft?

Everyone owns stock in Microsoft it's the second richest company in the world
#28CaIiber345Posted 3/24/2014 5:44:57 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Yeah,doubt he would say "Bad time to be an Xbox One owner".

This. TC isn't familiar with corporate marketing. Do you honestly think they would say, "Nah, its not a great time to own Xbox One. Wait for the second Thursday in November of 2015."
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#29Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 5:54:09 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Yeah,doubt he would say "Bad time to be an Xbox One owner".

This. TC isn't familiar with corporate marketing. Do you honestly think they would say, "Nah, its not a great time to own Xbox One. Wait for the second Thursday in November of 2015."

Again I say...read the article before u comment some ppl....u don't know what ur talking about
#30Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 7:14:52 PM
Did anyone actually read the article I posted