What's your list of idea's that will make RE7 great?

#11slyman19Posted 3/24/2014 8:27:10 PM
lunaticcore posted...
Man .. REmake was so good.

Don't know how they managed to make such a great RE game and then not milk it to death.

Simple. REmake and 0 were exclusive to the GameCube, so they flopped. Capcom took this as a sign that people didn't want that kind of Resident Evil.
#12aj4x94Posted 3/24/2014 8:32:14 PM
-Fire everyone who was involved with RE6
-Have actual supply conservation
-No enemies with guns
-No more crappy cover system
-Tone down QTEs or take them out altogether
-Optional co-op
-Attache case inventory
-No vehicle sequences
-good atmosphere

OR

Pre order The Evil Within and pick it up on August 26, 2014.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#13Brandy1977Posted 3/24/2014 8:39:09 PM
1)Survival horror..not survival action or just plain mediocre action.We don't need another action game much less a bad one with RE paint.

2)If its a continuation and not a reboot then start cycling in characters people care about instead of inventing forgettable ones.With the one notable exception of Parker or course.Barry,Rebecca and Claire are in limbo.

3)A contained world.I am tired of games wanting to do the globetrotting experience that shouldn't,RE works best when in a contained area that can be explored in a metroidvania type way.A new mansion or castle would be cool but as long as the area is contained with secret rooms/area and explorable in the metroidvania type way i am happy.RE2 did this well with an entire city so its doable outside of the cliche mansion type scenarios.

3)bring back old school zombies.I get that there s a certain tactical aspect of the new virus monsters but that is no reason to forget about old school T virus zombies.I was thinking it would be cool to have the game start out with old style shambling zombies since they are easier then introduce the new style virus monsters as teh game ramps up difficulties then in later areas do a blend of both.

4)Stop smoking crack when writing the story.Quit trying to do things simple for shock value.They contrived up some nonsense in 6 just to have this one moment where Chris and Leon pointed their guns at each other because the moronic writing team thought it would be cool to have a poster of Chris vs Leon which was not only contrived BS but didn't even go anywhere.

Piers was brought in just so they could have a martyr and Jake..well you get the point.Bring in a good antagonist that isn't all "whoo hoo look at me",cycle in some decent unused characters and stop trying to force nonsense.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VExgt5d.png
#14da_StoOgePosted 3/24/2014 8:42:46 PM
Make it the "Dark Souls" of the TPS/Horror genre.

Tons of atmosphere and have it hard as hell. Clearly there's a fanbase for this sort of game. DSouls proved that. So why not cater to those guys instead of making a jack of all trades abomination?
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#15KID VIDPosted 3/24/2014 9:34:42 PM
gunslinger20 posted...
Bring back tank controls and fixed camera like RE 1,2,3 and CV. Emphasize on clever puzzles more. Basically look at REmake for the GC. Make it just like that with modern day graphics. I cant believe how great that game still looks even to this day, REmake that is.

This. I thought I was alone with wanting the tank controls back along with the fixed camera.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#16stargazer1981Posted 3/24/2014 9:46:14 PM
gunslinger20 posted...
Bring back tank controls and fixed camera like RE 1,2,3 and CV. Emphasize on clever puzzles more. Basically look at REmake for the GC. Make it just like that with modern day graphics. I cant believe how great that game still looks even to this day, REmake that is.

So essentially do everything to bring the series back to when it needed to reboot in the first place? Stale, boring, and tired. Yep. That'll sell. /sarcasm

RE4 was the formula damn near perfected. RE:R was a step in the right direction. RE5 and RE6 were great, fun, guilty pleasures. Never made sense to me to have highly trained operatives who were unable to adequately defend themselves against shambling corpses. Especially in one-on-one close quarters combat.

Keep the melee system from RE6, polish it, make the ammo scarce to appeal to the vocal fanboys, add "scares" for whatever reason, and there ya have it. A nice balance.

No more fixed camera and tank controls. My Buddha, why in the hell would anyone actually want that? It was part of the limitations of the times. Artificial difficulty.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#17gantaratPosted 3/24/2014 9:57:27 PM
RE 6 Should be cg-movie not game
#18regsantotomasPosted 3/24/2014 9:59:00 PM
stargazer1981 posted...

No more fixed camera and tank controls. My Buddha, why in the hell would anyone actually want that? It was part of the limitations of the times. Artificial difficulty.

Thank you - it's not just me. Yes, Biohazard/Resident Evil was revolutionary for it's time but those tired mechanics need to be abandoned.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#19VoelgerPosted 3/24/2014 10:05:50 PM
Here's my list

1. Have a set location that has tons of spooky atmosphere and character- the location hopping kills the mood and environment

2. BRING BACK ZOMBIES

3. make it a slow paced survival horror game- one enemy should be formidable and threatening- REmake had strong enemies

4. bring back resource management, but add to it- make you have to get bandages, water, medicine, food, and stuff like this- make it have a touch of dayz

5. Have it be open world and not a linear path. REmake is kind of open world because you can go where you want and back track. Re4, 5, 6 were linear. I would even make it more open like mgs GZ, or batman AC

6. Give it a permadeath feature like dark souls, or zombieU

7. Start with a completely new character- reboot on characters

8. Start a new story- they can hint at the old games, but make it like this is all new and terrifying for the characters- not, "this again" like the last RE games.

9. Action is bad- there should be puzzles both in the environment and in story t piece together. - but give it dead space or last of us controls,

10. They should get away from special forces type crap. Nothing i less scary than being prepared for a terrifying vent
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.3.2
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 3/24/2014 10:10:16 PM
Introduce Alice to the games.

*runs*
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith