Jim Sterling discusses the Xbox One vs the PS4

#41SoulTrapperPosted 3/25/2014 2:57:19 PM
MasteroftheArts posted...

No, and I never stated that. I don't even know how you could have possibly gotten that from my post. What my post boils down to is that there is already an existing platform which plays indie games quite well, and that is PC through a variety of applications.

PC also plays multiplatform games better than any console, so why would that argument not apply to those games as well?

Which you and the video creator failed to notice the blatant hypocrisy in that argument. When Sony offers a feature that currently exists in other forms it's considered a boon. When Microsoft offers a feature that currently exists in other forms it's not considered a feature, but something that can be obtained through other avenues.

Now you're making up arguments that weren't made in the video.

The multimedia aspects of the xbox would be a boon if the console hardware itself didn't suffer for it and wasn't weaker than the opposition.
Nobody would have complained if the xbox offered the same hardware as the ps4 AND those features.

And on top of that, Eurogamer even did an article which concluded the multimedia features are better on the ps4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps4-vs-xbox-one-which-is-the-better-media-player

It's not an assumption that some people don't like playing on PC, it's a simple fact.

My goal is to give my opinion and my opinion is that indie games have little to no effect on which console a person chooses and never will. I've thought my argument through quite clearly. If anything, I'd suggest you think your responses through a little more.

Except you state your opinion as if it's fact:

He spends half the video attempting to sideline the basic argument that indie games aren't system sellers, while still attempting to use them as ammunition, which they aren't. There is absolutely no reason to play indie games on either console when steam exists.

I don't care what side you're on, when you make arguments that make no sense, I point it out.

What will move people is their console being DRM-free and, much more importantly, considered the definitive platform to play multiplats which is where the PS4's massive lead over Xbox One ACTUALLY came from.

I partially agree, the difference in multiplat games is just one of the reasons.

Which is also irrelevant and will fail to excite undecideds to buy the Xbox which is all that matters this early into the console's lifespan. Microsoft should not be enticed to follow suit on the indie bandwagon and should just focus on releasing AAA titles and low-risk high-reward titles like Minecraft and the like. Titanfall was a good step in that direction and they should continue with more high-quality IP's like that. The money is in those titles and it's what consoles do best.

We're done. Feel free to get the last word.

You are aware that Minecraft is an indie game as well, right?

Your argument that there is no money in indie games is just ignorant.
Games like DayZ, Banished and Minecraft make tons of money and can certainly make a platform much more attractive for the consumer.

There aren't many AAA releases and most of them aren't games that last people long enough for the next AAA title to come out.
Those indie games are what people play in between the big releases.

Will people decide to buy a console because it plays indie games? Of course not, that's not the argument that's being made either.
But people will keep the amount of titles and the variety in mind when picking a console after they decided to buy one.
#42Juzten76Posted 3/25/2014 3:20:11 PM
Reassurance from ponies....... all day, every day. I don't need a video to know I made the right choice for me. My opinion is all that matters in my world.
#43scoobydoobydontPosted 3/25/2014 3:21:29 PM
Sterling doesn't fact check, Sterling is often misinformed, and as a human being he proves to have no self-control or genuine self-respect (look at him). Nine in ten of his videos are NeoGAF pandering tryhard clickbait garbage, and he's as "objectively" pro-Sony as Sessler is pro-MS. I didn't bother watching to see if he accidentally makes a valid point in the entire farce, he has no credibility and doesn't deserve the click. Anyone who watches and can be swayed by such a mess of a human being should re-evaluate their life.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#44ChemicalReaperPosted 3/25/2014 3:41:09 PM
I don't get it. The Xbox One is waiting for occasional games like Titanfall to keep it relevant? You mean like...being the first major AAA FPS exclusive to a next gen console? I mean, Sony's had a whole bunch of major releases so far in the PS4's launch. Like... Infamous: Second Son and, well, that's pretty much it.

All this thread has done is serve to remind me how hilariously bad The Escapist is as a "news" source and how utterly devoid and bankrupt it is when it comes to such things as journalistic "standards." Thanks, TC, for reminding me why I stopped giving their website page views!
---
XBL: popcornC0L0N3L | PSN: Hank_McCheezy
#45DarkHolesPosted 3/25/2014 4:03:53 PM(edited)
Lol "indie games are not a system seller" but that is the only reason i can give you as to why the ps4 is selling better, oh and psn is better but i'm not going to explain that you can just take my word for it. Oh yeah he mmention paywalls too, but who owns a next gen console without subbing lol?
Guys just a f***ing idiot who is exploiting the console war and fanboys for clicks.
---
Why do people not understand the xbox one will NEVER ship without kinect?
#46UtterMoonPosted 3/25/2014 4:18:55 PM(edited)
ChemicalReaper posted...
I don't get it. The Xbox One is waiting for occasional games like Titanfall to keep it relevant? You mean like...being the first major AAA FPS exclusive to a next gen console? I mean, Sony's had a whole bunch of major releases so far in the PS4's launch. Like... Infamous: Second Son and, well, that's pretty much it.

All this thread has done is serve to remind me how hilariously bad The Escapist is as a "news" source and how utterly devoid and bankrupt it is when it comes to such things as journalistic "standards." Thanks, TC, for reminding me why I stopped giving their website page views!

Uhh....I think you're forgetting that Killzone: Shadow Fall was the first major AAA fps exclusive on a next gen. system, and Titanfall isn't even exclusive to the Xbone...its available on PC and the Xbox 360...where Killzone: Shadow Fall can only be played on one system..which so happens to be the PS4.

I mean honestly...if you're going to lob em up like that...
#47Jedi454Posted 3/25/2014 4:19:12 PM
Jim needs to go to the gym. I posted this in the other topic about this.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#48ChemicalReaperPosted 3/25/2014 4:23:57 PM
UtterMoon posted...
ChemicalReaper posted...

Uhh....I think you're forgetting that Killzone: Shadow Fall was the first major AAA fps exclusive on a next gen. system, and Titanfall isn't even exclusive to the Xbone...its available on PC and the Xbox 360...where Killzone: Shadow Fall can only be played on one system..which so happens to be the PS4.

I mean honestly...if you're going to lob em up like that...

Killzone is a terrible game.

Either way, neither system has a plethora of games that make one distinctly better than the other.
---
XBL: popcornC0L0N3L | PSN: Hank_McCheezy
#49josh924Posted 3/25/2014 4:34:21 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
PsyEd posted...
Why would some fat guy's youtube or their opinion matter?

He's fat and only should be used for entertainment...his opinion doesn't count...neither does his existence.

/thread

How about you try and address his arguments instead of his looks?

Oh, that's right, you know he's correct, so you can't actually address his arguments.

It's always so sad to see people resort to this sort of BS just so they can keep living in denial.

You know what else Jim Sterling wrote?

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

Is he right for favoring the PS4 or is he wrong for saying that PS3 fanboys are the worst?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#50SoulTrapperPosted 3/25/2014 4:43:32 PM
josh924 posted...

You know what else Jim Sterling wrote?

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

Is he right for favoring the PS4 or is he wrong for saying that PS3 fanboys are the worst?

He can't be right in both cases?
Fanboys are always terrible and ps3 fanboys could very well be the worst.

He brings up good arguments for both cases.
Try to address those arguments instead of the person's appearance.
It's really not that hard.