The 450 price drop is now permanent, all confirmed on microsoft store.

#11BTM4444Posted 3/24/2014 10:19:36 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
Capitalism Win!!! Now drop that Kinect and MS can totally undercut the competition with that glorious $350 price tag.

Not gonna happen.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#12MrImpatient35Posted 3/24/2014 10:20:32 PM
$450 is a great price. I was hoping this reduction would come sooner. They would get so many sales!
---
FML
#13Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 10:25:02 PM
Omega_Black posted...
ChrisObama posted...
Its too early in the console life cycle with them bundling one of their biggest game this year, with the price cuts here and in the uk. It seems very desperate.
Indeed. I'm guessing that 3 to 1 margin in PS4's favor is rightly rattling Microsoft's confidence.

This turn of events mirrors Nintendo's drop last year, only Microsoft's drop is even earlier.
The days of becoming an early adopter are proving to be less and less beneficial with each new hardware launch.

Lol two Playstation fanboys agreeing with each other.

And if it was 3-1 then wouldn't Sony of sold atleast 9million ps3s and ms on 3 million x1s?

And we know those figures aren't right.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#14Apex-PlayerPosted 3/24/2014 10:28:41 PM
Well, now they're losing 30$ on every console sold.
Lets see if this helps them sell more units.

You would think that with TitanFall just launching,
a price cut would be unnecessary but I guess you'd have thought wrong.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#15UtterMoonPosted 3/24/2014 10:30:32 PM
Eh...on the short term I see this as great news...everyone loves a price drop, but I have to wonder how big of a hit Mircosoft will take. Its quite possible that the money needed to make/ship/store the consoles was already making the profit on each sale...bare bones...I can't imagine how little they will re-coup now that the price has dropped 50 bucks.

The controller reportedly costed around 100 million to make/develop (I think..could be wrong) the Kinect likely costed a small fortune to create as well...not to mention the manufacturing cost...and when you throw in a console as well...

A decision like this doesn't come lightly, and the reasoning behind it is likely dire...and its certainly not out of "goodwill"...while its great for the consumer I can't possibly see this being good news for Microsoft. Perhaps the drop in price is only temporary, but for every 10 consoles sold they are losing the market value of 1 Xbone. For every 1 million consoles sold they are losing the market value of 100,000 Xbone's.....that is not good.
#16ChrisObama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 10:31:21 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Omega_Black posted...
ChrisObama posted...
Its too early in the console life cycle with them bundling one of their biggest game this year, with the price cuts here and in the uk. It seems very desperate.
Indeed. I'm guessing that 3 to 1 margin in PS4's favor is rightly rattling Microsoft's confidence.

This turn of events mirrors Nintendo's drop last year, only Microsoft's drop is even earlier.
The days of becoming an early adopter are proving to be less and less beneficial with each new hardware launch.

Lol two Playstation fanboys agreeing with each other.

And if it was 3-1 then wouldn't Sony of sold atleast 9million ps3s and ms on 3 million x1s?

And we know those figures aren't right.

How am I a fanboy? I dont even own a PS4, what would be a purpose being a fanboy and not even owning the console!!
---
GT> Chris Shakur
#17OUTLAW2009Posted 3/24/2014 10:31:30 PM
Wow I just bought my X1 yesterday -_-
---
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12
#18Garage_ManPosted 3/24/2014 10:37:03 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Eh...on the short term I see this as great news...everyone loves a price drop, but I have to wonder how big of a hit Mircosoft will take. Its quite possible that the money needed to make/ship/store the consoles was already making the profit on each sale...bare bones...I can't imagine how little they will re-coup now that the price has dropped 50 bucks.

The controller reportedly costed around 100 million to make/develop (I think..could be wrong) the Kinect likely costed a small fortune to create as well...not to mention the manufacturing cost...and when you throw in a console as well...

A decision like this doesn't come lightly, and the reasoning behind it is likely dire...and its certainly not out of "goodwill"...while its great for the consumer I can't possibly see this being good news for Microsoft. Perhaps the drop in price is only temporary, but for every 10 consoles sold they are losing the market value of 1 Xbone. For every 1 million consoles sold they are losing the market value of 100,000 Xbone's.....that is not good.

Yea they are now losing money and a decent amount as well. The problems are it doesn't reassure developers to commit to the system when this is happening AND on the business side of things it really ticks off stockholders. You thought they wanted the Xbox division then..just wait till they learn that they are taking a big loss on hardware, COUPLED WITH WHATEVER MICROSOFT PAYS EA FOR TITANFALL.

Tis not good. However lets wait and see how things play out.
#19Hvv0l24n9Posted 3/24/2014 10:40:08 PM
OUTLAW2009 posted...
Wow I just bought my X1 yesterday -_-

You should have bought it from Walmart or Best Buy. It's been 450 for a while now.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#20yutterhPosted 3/24/2014 10:44:10 PM
Garage_Man posted...
UtterMoon posted...

Yea they are now losing money and a decent amount as well. The problems are it doesn't reassure developers to commit to the system when this is happening AND on the business side of things it really ticks off stockholders. You thought they wanted the Xbox division then..just wait till they learn that they are taking a big loss on hardware, COUPLED WITH WHATEVER MICROSOFT PAYS EA FOR TITANFALL.

Tis not good. However lets wait and see how things play out.

Good point, if sales still do not pick up this will backfire majorly. This is a huge gamble. I feel if sales do not pick up by the end of this or next year Microsoft will drop support.
---
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x70/armoredcookie/yutterh.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b142/kg_43/345jwrc.gif