The 450 price drop is now permanent, all confirmed on microsoft store.

#171Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 8:59:20 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Omega_Black posted...
ChrisObama posted...
Its too early in the console life cycle with them bundling one of their biggest game this year, with the price cuts here and in the uk. It seems very desperate.
Indeed. I'm guessing that 3 to 1 margin in PS4's favor is rightly rattling Microsoft's confidence.

This turn of events mirrors Nintendo's drop last year, only Microsoft's drop is even earlier.
The days of becoming an early adopter are proving to be less and less beneficial with each new hardware launch.

Lol two Playstation fanboys agreeing with each other.

And if it was 3-1 then wouldn't Sony of sold atleast 9million ps3s and ms on 3 million x1s?

And we know those figures aren't right.

I heard you lost an account bet and didn't own up to it.

Where's your integrity?

You must've heard wrong, I didn't lose anything, I asked the guy if he was willing to bet his account on a price drop to $450.

Which he didn't.

And I saw your other posts, where can I learn to fanboy like you?
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#172xOmniCloudxPosted 3/25/2014 9:13:04 AM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
Only in GameFAQs will you see news about a price drop being spun into negativity. I fail to see how this kind of news is "bad"

You clearly know NOTHING about business (or even the internet) if you think this topic is gamefaqs exclusive and are unaware that business analysts and shareholders gauge reasoning and timing for price drops because depending on those factors they are either good or bad. Sales are done to increase sales in the end to better clear stock that otherwise wasn't selling as well as they'd like most the time. This most commonly happens to older things that have had most the consumers buy it already so they have leftovers that they want to clear.

However, some companies use sales to lure people in initially with hoping it keeps them in the long end and encourages them to bring in other people, which in turn will become a constant domino effect and after a certain point end the sale/promotion. If it does well, it usually lasts longer because they know this method will make them more money in the end despite reduced prices. If it does badly then it ends sooner or at the very least wont happen nearly as often if again.

A good example of this was PS+ and games (you actually got to keep the games permanently) being given for free to people for the PSN blackout. Sony said that after the blackout and trial membership of PS+ ended for those people, the same games offered and PS+ itself saw a huge leap in sales soon after.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#173DarkAdonis123Posted 3/25/2014 9:08:07 AM
This is in no way a bad thing. It's good that M$ accepted that the $500 price wasn't working and started doing something about it.

Better than spending the next year pretending like there isn't a problem, like Nintendo did with the Wii U.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#174SamcroReaperPosted 3/25/2014 9:10:32 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
How is a price drop a bad thing? They were neck and neck in last month's NPD, and a price drop will only help move more consoles.

Lol no. amazon and others can't get rid of their stock even with a price drop. No one gives damn.
Stop thinking America is the center of the planet. The rest of the world prefers PS4. The king has returned.

The king that just fired a bunch of more people, canceled more games, sold more of their own buildings to stay alive? That king? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
#175xOmniCloudxPosted 3/25/2014 9:13:37 AM(edited)
DarkAdonis123 posted...
This is in no way a bad thing. It's good that M$ accepted that the $500 price wasn't working and started doing something about it.

Better than spending the next year pretending like there isn't a problem, like Nintendo did with the Wii U.

It's always bad when a company HAS to drop a price for any reason which would include doing well. If companies were guaranteed to make more money without ever lowering the price, they never would. Cable can vouch for that, especially since they ONLY RAISE their prices.
---
#176blitz_0623Posted 3/25/2014 9:17:37 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Only in GameFAQs will you see news about a price drop being spun into negativity. I fail to see how this kind of news is "bad"

You clearly know NOTHING about business (or even the internet) if you think this topic is gamefaqs exclusive and are unaware that business analysts and shareholders gauge reasoning and timing for price drops because depending on those factors they are either good or bad. Sales are done to increase sales in the end to better clear stock that otherwise wasn't selling as well as they'd like most the time. This most commonly happens to older things that have had most the consumers buy it already so they have leftovers that they want to clear.

However, some companies use sales to lure people in initially with hoping it keeps them in the long end and encourages them to bring in other people, which in turn will become a constant domino effect and after a certain point end the sale/promotion. If it does well, it usually lasts longer because they know this method will make them more money in the end despite reduced prices. If it does badly then it ends sooner or at the very least wont happen nearly as often if again.

A good example of this was PS+ and games (you actually got to keep the games permanently) being given for free to people for the PSN blackout. Sony said that after the blackout and trial membership of PS+ ended for those people, the same games offered and PS+ itself saw a huge leap in sales soon after.

Ugh. Maybe I should have made my comment clearer. FYI - I'm actually studying BA so its funny you should mention that.

My comment isn't directed at a business decision, rather at people labeling this news as "bad" saying MS is "desperate" and at early adopters crying foul. I understand the business and know that they obviously dropped the price because it isn't selling like how they expected it to.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#177blink182godPosted 3/25/2014 9:19:25 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
As has been repeatedly stated on these boards, game companies don't really make profit off console sales, it's all about the software so this won't really hurt them. They were already making a small profit anyway so the loss won't be that much, and even if it was they can afford it. If anything, the potential of how many more consoles this will move gives dev even more incentive to make games for X1. Third party support hasn't been a problem for them since 360 launched, and it certainly won't start because of a price drop. Lastly, the high attach rate of MS consoles will pretty much seal the deal for any devs left on the fence. X1 will be fine.

Homie_202 posted...
Personally I think they would have been better off making a bundle without the kinect and dropping it $100 and leaving the regular bundle at $500 with Titanfall included.

$450 works fine since they're still including Titanfall with systems, you're basically getting the system for $400, Titanfall for $50 ($10 off the normal price), and Kinect for free. So even if you don't want it you can justify that you didn't actually pay anything extra.

say they need 3 million to catch ps4. 50 x 3 million = 150 million dollar loss.

Learn math
#178xOmniCloudxPosted 3/25/2014 9:29:26 AM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...

My comment isn't directed at a business decision, rather at people labeling this news as "bad" saying MS is "desperate" and at early adopters crying foul. I understand the business and know that they obviously dropped the price because it isn't selling like how they expected it to.

I'm not sure if you're just writing it wrong again but, you acknowledging the latter goes against the former point in your post.... We even have direct competitors to further gauge the severity of such actions of which paints them as desperation. They're not ones done in confidence or for positive reasons, especially less than half a year on the market. It's done in HOPE.
---
#179structural98Posted 3/25/2014 9:32:30 AM
I'm still not getting the logic here. By this logic, the PS3 should apparently still be priced at $600 and still be sitting on shelves collecting dust? Or, wait, did they drop the price, start selling bundles and watch the sales of their product start doing better? I'm confused, how is a price drop bad for a consumer, and how is a company using tactics to sell more of their products bad? At this point, both companies should be doing everything they can to push their next gen consoles. They are both readily available on Amazon and I see them on the shelves whenever I go to stores that sell gaming consoles. Lots of people are still perfectly happy with their PS3's and 360's (or PC) and the list of upcoming exclusives really doesn't look rosey for either "next gen" console. Sure, there are games out there, but when? The dates keep sliding and it's now looking like another year or 2 until things really start to pick up.
#180blitz_0623Posted 3/25/2014 9:35:42 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

I'm not sure if you're just writing it wrong again but, you acknowledging the latter goes against the former point in your post.... We even have direct competitors to further gauge the severity of such actions of which paints them as desperation. They're not ones done in confidence or for positive reasons, especially less than half a year on the market. It's done in HOPE.

Whatever, we clearly have differing definitions of desperate. I firmly believe this price drop isn't an act of desperation. There's a difference between taking action on something unexpected and taking drastic measures out of desperation. This minor $50 price drop is the former IN MY OPINION
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add