The 450 price drop is now permanent, all confirmed on microsoft store.

#51Shadowfxd2Posted 3/24/2014 11:21:30 PM
Tiredofhearingu posted...
1. Not a bad thing.
2. Good on them, they know it isn't worth 500.
3. Still don't want one :D

1. is a bad thing, a price drop (or sale) this early on only shakes consumer confidence, anyone on the fence will wait 4 more months for another price drop.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#52Homie_202Posted 3/24/2014 11:22:35 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
The kinect is the only thing apart exclusives that separate the two consoles that's even notable, oh and the ps4s overall power advantage.

Yea it just isn't something that interests me. I own both consoles because I want to be able to play the exclusives from both sides. Both are amazing consoles and both will only get better in time.
#53Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 11:23:32 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
The kinect is the only thing apart exclusives that separate the two consoles that's even notable, oh and the ps4s overall power advantage.

Yea it just isn't something that interests me. I own both consoles because I want to be able to play the exclusives from both sides. Both are amazing consoles and both will only get better in time.

Rent kinect sports rivals on April 1st try it out, if you hate the kinect then never touch it again.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#54GuitaristMattPosted 3/24/2014 11:23:56 PM
Hmmm... with a price drop so early, won't people just say "Hey if they drop it this soon, why can't I just wait a little longer for them to drop it again?"

I mean another 4 months isn't all that bad, and in September a bunch of new PS/360 games will be out.
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#55Enigma149Posted 3/24/2014 11:25:24 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
is this the fastest price drop in console history?

It's not a price drop. It's a discount. I know GameFAQs users have a hard time distinguishing between the two - I frequent the Wii U and Vita boards - but you can't change the facts.

Of course, it's entirely possible - likely, even - that the Xbox One will receive a price drop soon. If that occurs before May, then it sets the record for fastest price drop.

Which brings up your actual question. When the Wii U had its own price drop, similar topics were made on that board (calling it "unprecedented", etc.), so I did some research and managed to find when the price drops actually occurred:

Enigma149 posted a very long time ago...
N64 - 6 months ($50)
GCN - 6 months ($100)
Xbox - 6 months ($100)
PS1 - 8 months ($100)
PS3 - 8 months ($100)
Xbox 360 - 9 months ($20 or $50, depending upon model)
Wii U - 10 months ($50)
Dreamcast - 11 months ($50)
Saturn - 12 months ($200)
PS2 - 19 months ($100)
Wii - 34 months ($100)

[...]

I'm also going to apologize for saying last week the PS3's price cut was, at the time, unprecedented, and that the only price cut to happen faster was the 3DS's. The 3DS's actually took place slightly later in the system's lifespan, and the PS3's price cut is, clearly, not unprecedented.

Looking at the chart, if the Xbox One gets an official price cut during May, it will tie with the N64, Gamecube, and Xbox for fastest price drop. If it happens in April (or March), it will beat it.

I should point out that the 3DS's price drop relative to its release in the US was announced sooner than any other price drop in console history, at 123 days into the system's life (relative to its Japanese release, however, it happened much later). By sheer cosmic coincidence, this is the exact same duration as the Xbox One's release to today.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#56aheroafakePosted 3/24/2014 11:26:44 PM
ChrisObama posted...
Apex-Player posted...
aheroafake posted...
I don't see how a $50 price drop shows desperation. Maybe if the price drop was $100.

Haha really? So baby stepping their way to it is ok though.
If you factor in the free game it's more then 100$ btw.

Exactly. Now its 399 on amazon, smfh.

Apex-Player posted...
aheroafake posted...
I don't see how a $50 price drop shows desperation. Maybe if the price drop was $100.

Haha really? So baby stepping their way to it is ok though.
If you factor in the free game it's more then 100$ btw.

Did I say baby sepping their way to it would be desperation? No.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#57Homie_202Posted 3/24/2014 11:27:21 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Rent kinect sports rivals on April 1st try it out, if you hate the kinect then never touch it again.

I hate motion gaming most of all. And that goes for any motion gaming. Lol. But I appreciate it and the things that it can offer or could offer to some games. But I have thought about hooking it up just to try out the voice stuff.
#58SythisTaruPosted 3/24/2014 11:28:43 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I hate motion gaming most of all. And that goes for any motion gaming. Lol. But I appreciate it and the things that it can offer or could offer to some games. But I have thought about hooking it up just to try out the voice stuff.

I use it for mocap and lipsync animation (still using 2 Kinect ones for this right now). It works really well :O
#59Homie_202Posted 3/24/2014 11:30:59 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I use it for mocap and lipsync animation (still using 2 Kinect ones for this right now). It works really well :O

That's pretty cool. Also off topic but I love having conversations with people that don't just fly off the handle and call you a blind fanboy.
#60Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 11:31:06 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Aw man, it's all good just be wary that the kinect takes a while to get used to you and your voice but then it works perfectly, but it does take a while so it may not be for you.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.