What if... what if the price drop was planned all along?

#1195_EclipsePosted 3/24/2014 11:50:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12donttrysohardPosted 3/25/2014 1:58:49 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
jpraelster posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a price drop in 4 months will shake consumers confidence in the xbone. They will
wait it out another 4 months to see if it keeps dropping $50. This isn't a good thing to drop the price this early on. It usually takes a year or two at the least. This is actually a bad thing for people who are not big xbox fans.

its not a bad thing its called a sale A SALE

no other console had a sale 4 months into it's life...

This maybe true but outside of the ps4 no other system has sold as fast as the xboxone
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#13dnmtPosted 3/25/2014 2:03:05 AM
donttrysohard posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
jpraelster posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a price drop in 4 months will shake consumers confidence in the xbone. They will
wait it out another 4 months to see if it keeps dropping $50. This isn't a good thing to drop the price this early on. It usually takes a year or two at the least. This is actually a bad thing for people who are not big xbox fans.

This maybe true but outside of the ps4 no other system has sold as fast as the xboxone

That's a worthless metric when demand for the Xbone fell off a cliff after the holidays while the PS4 is outselling it 2:1 globally.
#14chedibang1994Posted 3/25/2014 2:06:10 AM
quigonzel posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
jpraelster posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a price drop in 4 months will shake consumers confidence in the xbone. They will wait it out another 4 months to see if it keeps dropping $50. This isn't a good thing to drop the price this early on. It usually takes a year or two at the least. This is actually a bad thing for people who are not big xbox fans.

The Super Nintendo did. That's the only reason I was able to get one when I was younger.

I knew there was a console that did that too! And also $500 is way to steep for a consumer if they see a price drop it won't stagger a damn thing they were skeptical to buy an expensive system now they can be $100 less poor
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#15donttrysohardPosted 3/25/2014 2:35:18 AM
dnmt posted...
donttrysohard posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
jpraelster posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

That's a worthless metric when demand for the Xbone fell off a cliff after the holidays while the PS4 is outselling it 2:1 globally.

How so? If you pass your expectations for sales does that make you a failure just because your competetor surpasses you?
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#16Millertime660Posted 3/25/2014 2:52:57 AM
Gotta love the people that whine and complain about it being too expensive. Then the price drops and its a bad move. Make up your minds people!!!!!!
#17dnmtPosted 3/25/2014 3:04:50 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Gotta love the people that whine and complain about it being too expensive. Then the price drops and its a bad move. Make up your minds people!!!!!!

It's not a bad move at all, it just comes off as overly desperate when it's a) so soon and b) on top of all these free game bundles.
#18Millertime660Posted 3/25/2014 3:07:19 AM
dnmt posted...
Millertime660 posted...

It's not a bad move at all, it just comes off as overly desperate when it's a) so soon and b) on top of all these free game bundles.

I dont see it that way.... I guess you could though.
#19CovenantPosted 3/25/2014 3:08:25 AM
donttrysohard posted...
How so? If you pass your expectations for sales does that make you a failure just because your competetor surpasses you?

Microsoft's goal this generation has been to push Sony out of the market by appealing to publishers. They can't do that unless they move more units than Sony.

So, in a sense, it does make the console a failure. I'm not saying that the console won't be worth the price or provide a great deal of entertainment. I'm just saying it won't accomplish what Microsoft set out to do this generation.
#20tadmfpolePosted 3/25/2014 3:09:00 AM
I am guessing it is either due to less than desirable sales, or the fact that the PS4 is becoming a lot easier to find. Up until now there has been a chance that people would choose the Xbox One based on availability alone.

Despite the fanboy nonsense that comes with the territory, this is a great example of why competition is a good thing. It is a little harder to sell a console for $500 when there is another on the shelf right beside it for $400, especially when word of mouth has it the cheaper one is also more powerful.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned