What if... what if the price drop was planned all along?

#21Evel138Posted 3/25/2014 2:14:07 AM
I'm sure they were well aware a price drop was going to have to happen sooner rather than later after SONY revealed they were coming to market at $100 cheaper.

The bad press and cancerous internet culture of bad will last summer didn't help either.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 The Badguy
PS4360One
#22catzrul2002Posted 3/25/2014 2:48:00 AM
jpraelster posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a price drop in 4 months will shake consumers confidence in the xbone. They will wait it out another 4 months to see if it keeps dropping $50. This isn't a good thing to drop the price this early on. It usually takes a year or two at the least. This is actually a bad thing for people who are not big xbox fans.

its not a bad thing its called a sale A SALE

There's a difference between a sale and a permanent price drop.
---
The secret to the meaning of life is... Hey, Big Zam!
#23donttrysohardPosted 3/25/2014 6:32:22 AM
Covenant posted...
donttrysohard posted...
How so? If you pass your expectations for sales does that make you a failure just because your competetor surpasses you?

Microsoft's goal this generation has been to push Sony out of the market by appealing to publishers. They can't do that unless they move more units than Sony.

So, in a sense, it does make the console a failure. I'm not saying that the console won't be worth the price or provide a great deal of entertainment. I'm just saying it won't accomplish what Microsoft set out to do this generation.

Not saying this isn't true but where do you get the information that microsofts goal this generation was to push Sony out the market?
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#24EnclavePosted 3/25/2014 7:27:04 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
a price drop in 4 months will shake consumers confidence in the xbone. They will wait it out another 4 months to see if it keeps dropping $50. This isn't a good thing to drop the price this early on. It usually takes a year or two at the least. This is actually a bad thing for people who are not big xbox fans.

If you call it Xbone I will call it PeeS4

Just accept that Xbone has stuck, most don't even use the term in a derogatory manner.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#25MonicasBackPosted 3/25/2014 8:09:45 AM
Kind alike how the PSP Go was priced super high at first for the sole purpose of exploiting early adopters? wouldn't surprise me.
---
Monicaaa
#26EnclavePosted 3/25/2014 8:15:46 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Kind alike how the PSP Go was priced super high at first for the sole purpose of exploiting early adopters? wouldn't surprise me.

Actually the PSP Go only got reduced so fast because of how unpopular it was. Seems people didn't want a digital only handheld console.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#27bgwilly255Posted 3/25/2014 10:36:21 AM
PS1- 8 months
PS3 - 8 months
PS2- 23 months
Xbox- 6 months
360- 18 months
SNeS-4 months
Dreamcast-5 months
Wii- 35 months
N64- 6 months
Sega Saturn - 12 months

It seems that 4 months isn't that big of a stretch for a price drop. Economics will tell us that company's will drop their prices when there is: 1. A newer model 2. Competition. 3. The company reaches or is projected to reach profit against production coat of their product. 4. Liquidation.

We can rule out 1 and 4. And since the Xbox One is actually selling well, I'd lean towards 3.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#28axelfooley2k5Posted 3/25/2014 10:37:58 AM
ps3 took 8 months

wow

i thought it was like 3
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#29FernieODSTPosted 3/25/2014 10:53:31 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

This. I absolutely loved my 360 to death and have so many games for it. The price drop is both good and bad. Its good because I see MS is struggling to keep up with Sony and have been pulling out more cards in order to catch up(Price drop, TF bundle). For me as a potential buyer, im just going to keep waiting. So far neither system has any game worth spending $400+ (I got over competitive online FPS games, and Infamous SS looks cool, but I personally do not believe it will have enough replayability for the way i play my games), so now I can just wait and see more price drops come along over time or until better looking games like Destiny come out.

But on the flip side, the price drops this early are a bad move for MS because there are a lot of gamers who think similarly, and are willing to wait a few more months and see if another price drop is coming. Im probably going to end up getting a PS4 first once better games come out, but XBOne is down $50, and its already looking more appealing for me to buy. And its not about me not being able to afford it, I just dont think the XBOne is worth the price when there is a superior piece of hardware that I can get for cheaper.
---
"Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to" -Goregasm17 on Xbox One
#30Joey-ZazaPosted 3/25/2014 11:37:22 AM
Yeah point me in the direction of a $400 dollar console.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I