Microsoft should drop Japan and concentrate on the rest of the world

#11TheArcadePosted 3/25/2014 1:55:56 AM
They must keep supporting Japan, Japanese developers are a strategic alley for Microsoft.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#12dnmtPosted 3/25/2014 2:00:45 AM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...
dnmt posted...
hijokaiden posted...
dnmt posted...
jragon23 posted...
agreed OP, xbone needs to just focus on the redneck americans who buy it

Seeing how the 360 sold even less than the OG Xbox in Japan I think he's right on the money with this one.

Hum yeah no, Xbox 360 sold well in most part of the world, except Japan.

That's why I said in Japan, doofus.

You were responding to that guy who said that Microsoft should "only focus on american rednecks who buys Xbox" saying that "he was right on the money", when Xbox does well in most part of the world, except Japan.

It's not doing that great in Europeת either (UK being the sole exception). The Xbox's domination in the US offset this somewhat last gen but this time around things aren't looking as bright.
#13hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 2:07:57 AM(edited)
TheArcade posted...
They must keep supporting Japan, Japanese developers are a strategic alley for Microsoft.

More like they are Microsoft Achilles' heel. Microsoft invest money, the japanese developers make the game with Microsoft money (or even sometimes they steal Microsoft money to finance their other games on JPN consoles, like Level 5 did), they release them and the JPNZ dont buy it.

Microsoft should secure a few exclusives with some japanese developers that are well liked in the West and have these games released worldwide (not focusing on the japanese release like last gen, since it wont even sell anyways).

Basically get some japanese games, exclusive to the Xbox One to sell to the non-japanese.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#14Stefmeister7Posted 3/25/2014 2:30:19 AM
i agree. they'll support the xbone there for a few years then let it die when they realize it won't sell. then PS4 owners won't get to play the exclusives they bought.
#15xnoelzPosted 3/25/2014 3:13:46 AM
jragon23 posted...
agreed OP, xbone needs to just focus on the redneck americans who buy it

Hahahaha!
---
"...There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every f***ing time."
#16Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 3:18:06 AM
I agree to an extent, but I'd like to see MS support Japanese developers that are proven or have an original idea.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#17hijokaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 3:29:28 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
I agree to an extent, but I'd like to see MS support Japanese developers that are proven or have an original idea.

That what I am saying read my posts, MS should support japanese developers that are well liked in the West (Grasshoper Manufacture, Access Games, From Software etc.) BUT NOT to make games specifically with the japanese audience in mind (like they did on the Xbox 360).
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#18Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 3:29:00 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

That what I am saying read my posts, MS should support japanese developers that are well liked in the West (Grasshoper Manufacture, Access Games, From Software etc.) BUT NOT with the japanese audience in mind.

My bad, I only read the op, but I agree.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.