Microsoft will NEVER drop the kinect

#1DarkHolesPosted 3/25/2014 5:37:08 AM
I don't understand how so many people just don't understand this. The entire console has been designed around the kinect, many exclusives will probably use the kinect in some form aswell. They are trying to create a new console and not just give you more of the same, which is something a large portion of gamers complain about and then when you do get something different you still complain anyway.
Anyway how is everybody who owns an xbox one feeling about it so far and what do you hope to see from it in the future?
I love my xbox one and even if the ps4 outsells it i think it has potential to be the best console this gen.
---
Why do people not understand the xbox one will NEVER ship without kinect?
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 5:39:38 AM
Good.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#3Waren_Posted 3/25/2014 5:43:51 AM
I plan to get my own Xbox one but i play with my friend on his 2 out of 3 of them left there kinect in the box. Its not that its bad its just something not many people want the first kinect sold slightly less than half the number of consoles. That means that less than half the people who like xbox have no intrest in kinect.

I myself feel it will never have anything but gimic games though i would love to be wrong i just cant think of any idea thats apealing enough to own a kinect for.
#4ShadowNinja87Posted 3/25/2014 5:47:56 AM
And that's reason is why they will lost and will continue to lose costumers. Kintect should be optional not mandatory. Forcing Kintect on Xbox buyers was stupid. And on top of that it won't be used in games outside of MS first party games.
#5PrinceMedionPosted 3/25/2014 5:48:45 AM
DarkHoles posted...
I don't understand how so many people just don't understand this. The entire console has been designed around the kinect, many exclusives will probably use the kinect in some form aswell. They are trying to create a new console and not just give you more of the same, which is something a large portion of gamers complain about and then when you do get something different you still complain anyway.
Anyway how is everybody who owns an xbox one feeling about it so far and what do you hope to see from it in the future?
I love my xbox one and even if the ps4 outsells it i think it has potential to be the best console this gen.

Yet if you unplug the kinect the system it still works fine, it may have been designed around the kinect but that doesn't mean the system actually needs it to run. It needs it for the kinect specific features it offers but outside of voice commands and a few very minor features in a couple of games it doesn't bring anything that hasn't already been done before and done better on smart TV's. It would be one thing if the features it did bring were perfect but half the time the voice commands don't work properly, and outside of Kinect Sports what game is actually being designed to use the new kinect and its features? I don't mean bonus features like the zombies picking up noises in dead rising I mean what gaming EXPERIENCE is actually being made to justify the kinect existing along with system itself?

Also this is just more of the same, this doesn't do anything new or revolutionary and hell there isn't even a game out that actually made the original kinect worth buying let alone forcing you to buy it with the X1. I'm sure Microsoft won't take it out right away but I hope they eventually do because I for one refuse to buy the thing as long as its included, I don't want to spend 100$ or more extra on something I would never use.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#6aj4x94Posted 3/25/2014 5:51:19 AM
Okay. That makes my choice for a next gen console that much easier. Don't want the camera, and I refuse to pay the extra $100 for it.

The day MS drops the camera is the day I pick up an xbone.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#7DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:52:07 AM
Waren_ posted...
I plan to get my own Xbox one but i play with my friend on his 2 out of 3 of them left there kinect in the box. Its not that its bad its just something not many people want the first kinect sold slightly less than half the number of consoles. That means that less than half the people who like xbox have no intrest in kinect.

I myself feel it will never have anything but gimic games though i would love to be wrong i just cant think of any idea thats apealing enough to own a kinect for.

I felt the exact same way with my 360 but now i have a kinect it's a completely different story, even something like voice commands can really add to the immersion. There is also talks of a horror game that uses the kinect to watch your heart rate and then changes the game to whatever gets you the most scared, tell me that don't sound epic lol.
---
#8da_StoOgePosted 3/25/2014 5:52:24 AM
I've seen my friend playing the X1 on numerous occasions, and not once has the Kinect ever been used by him.

MS might have built the entire multimedia aspect around the Kinect, but it doesn't change the core gaming experience in anyway.

The HDD was more useful to the 360 than the Kinect will ever be to the X1, and that was made optional from the start.
The only reason there's no option this time is because MS still assumed they'd have the monopoly going into this gen.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#91nternationa7Posted 3/25/2014 5:55:41 AM
Garbage camera. If it can't help perfect a golf swing its useless to me.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#10DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:58:30 AM
PrinceMedion posted...
DarkHoles posted...

Yet if you unplug the kinect the system it still works fine, it may have been designed around the kinect but that doesn't mean the system actually needs it to run. It needs it for the kinect specific features it offers but outside of voice commands and a few very minor features in a couple of games it doesn't bring anything that hasn't already been done before and done better on smart TV's. It would be one thing if the features it did bring were perfect but half the time the voice commands don't work properly, and outside of Kinect Sports what game is actually being designed to use the new kinect and its features? I don't mean bonus features like the zombies picking up noises in dead rising I mean what gaming EXPERIENCE is actually being made to justify the kinect existing along with system itself?

Also this is just more of the same, this doesn't do anything new or revolutionary and hell there isn't even a game out that actually made the original kinect worth buying let alone forcing you to buy it with the X1. I'm sure Microsoft won't take it out right away but I hope they eventually do because I for one refuse to buy the thing as long as its included, I don't want to spend 100$ or more extra on something I would never use.

There will be a horror game that uses kinect to watch your heart rate, then at the beggining it will try and tease what gets you scared out of you, as the game progresses it will custom tailor you own personal ultimate horror game. Nobody can claim that is not an epic use of kinect.
---