Microsoft will NEVER drop the kinect

#31PrinceMedionPosted 3/25/2014 6:41:32 AM
chex81 posted...
PrinceMedion posted...
DarkHoles posted...

Yet if you unplug the kinect the system it still works fine, it may have been designed around the kinect but that doesn't mean the system actually needs it to run. It needs it for the kinect specific features it offers but outside of voice commands and a few very minor features in a couple of games it doesn't bring anything that hasn't already been done before and done better on smart TV's. It would be one thing if the features it did bring were perfect but half the time the voice commands don't work properly, and outside of Kinect Sports what game is actually being designed to use the new kinect and its features? I don't mean bonus features like the zombies picking up noises in dead rising I mean what gaming EXPERIENCE is actually being made to justify the kinect existing along with system itself?

Also this is just more of the same, this doesn't do anything new or revolutionary and hell there isn't even a game out that actually made the original kinect worth buying let alone forcing you to buy it with the X1. I'm sure Microsoft won't take it out right away but I hope they eventually do because I for one refuse to buy the thing as long as its included, I don't want to spend 100$ or more extra on something I would never use.

There will be a horror game that uses kinect to watch your heart rate, then at the beggining it will try and tease what gets you scared out of you, as the game progresses it will custom tailor you own personal ultimate horror game. Nobody can claim that is not an epic use of kinect.

This. Its only 5 months into this gen and people truthfully believe X1 has reached its potential? MS included Kinect for reasons that im sure will be shown at E3 this year. If people dont want to use it right now thats cool, but a year from now when theres a few games that utilize its capabilities people will be happy it came with the console.

Great 1 game, you talk about what they will do with kinect but we know what they will do with kinect, its not like kinect itself is new its been around for the 360 for years and all that came out of that is shovelware and dance central and the shovelware bombed harder then the shovelware on the wii which is why theres even less kinect games for the system. If they do get something that actually makes kinect worth buying then great but and I can't stress this enough... They shouldn't have launched the console and forced consumers to buy the thing with kinect if they didn't even bother to have a good game that actually makes kinect worth using. If they wanted to launch the console without it fine but there is NOTHING that justifies having the damn thing included in the box right now the only thing you have is voice controls that only work half the time and a few gimmicks here and there and of course the great kinect games like Just Dance and Fighters Within. Absolutely worth that extra 100$+ right?

You can defend Microsoft all you want but you can't honestly tell me that the choice wouldn't be better for everyone? Sure launch the thing at 500$ for those who want it but have a kinect less version for 400$ and give people the freaking option for it. We all know the reason they won't do that though, because Microsoft knows that people won't buy it separately and they desperately want to believe in the technology that they've spent millions on developing, they believe its the future even if they don't have a damn idea on how to make a game actually fun with the thing.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#32Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 6:48:11 AM
You can't really talk about the kinect 2.0 if you've never used it or owned one, because its fair superior the first iteration and is worth the extra $100.

Also kinect sports rivals comes out next week.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#33MRL3G3NDPosted 3/25/2014 7:04:46 AM
I don't understand
obviously

The entire console has been designed around the kinect
PR spin which you bought...but somehow missed the fact the xbox one can function fine without it

many exclusives will probably use the kinect in some form aswell
this is speculation...how much is speculation worth these days? The FACT is Kinect is 0/10 in innovation and usefulness, it's never worked well, and until this day...they have failed to create a app/game that makes it a must have

They are trying to create a new console and not just give you more of the same
I just paid $500 for some "try"? Last time I checked you are supposed to release a product when it is done. When it has value to justify the price you are asking for it...MS just shoved it down our throats

But TC is right...they will never drop Kinect. It is the holy grail of advertising...a way to get 100% feedback from viewers...Google "NuAds", this is the true reason for kinects reason to exist...

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-readies-nuads-they-watch-you-watching-them/

it's not a gaming revolution...it's a advertising tool they horribly tried to convince us was new gaming innovation...

proof is in the fact that they are advancing NuAds faster than a game worth purchasing...smh

if you believe anything that comes out od MS' mouth these days you must be a 4th grader
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#34method115Posted 3/25/2014 7:21:01 AM
DarkHoles posted...
PrinceMedion posted...
DarkHoles posted...
I don't understand how so many people just don't understand this. The entire console has been designed around the kinect, many exclusives will probably use the kinect in some form aswell. They are trying to create a new console and not just give you more of the same, which is something a large portion of gamers complain about and then when you do get something different you still complain anyway.
Anyway how is everybody who owns an xbox one feeling about it so far and what do you hope to see from it in the future?
I love my xbox one and even if the ps4 outsells it i think it has potential to be the best console this gen.

Yet if you unplug the kinect the system it still works fine, it may have been designed around the kinect but that doesn't mean the system actually needs it to run. It needs it for the kinect specific features it offers but outside of voice commands and a few very minor features in a couple of games it doesn't bring anything that hasn't already been done before and done better on smart TV's. It would be one thing if the features it did bring were perfect but half the time the voice commands don't work properly, and outside of Kinect Sports what game is actually being designed to use the new kinect and its features? I don't mean bonus features like the zombies picking up noises in dead rising I mean what gaming EXPERIENCE is actually being made to justify the kinect existing along with system itself?

Also this is just more of the same, this doesn't do anything new or revolutionary and hell there isn't even a game out that actually made the original kinect worth buying let alone forcing you to buy it with the X1. I'm sure Microsoft won't take it out right away but I hope they eventually do because I for one refuse to buy the thing as long as its included, I don't want to spend 100$ or more extra on something I would never use.

There will be a horror game that uses kinect to watch your heart rate, then at the beggining it will try and tease what gets you scared out of you, as the game progresses it will custom tailor you own personal ultimate horror game. Nobody can claim that is not an epic use of kinect.

While that's pretty cool I hate games that scare me so it would be useless to me. I encourage companies to try new things but the kinect is not something that has got my interest yet. If MS wants to keep dumping money into it I'm all for watching them try.
---
PSN: method114
#35BSerenityPosted 3/25/2014 7:26:42 AM
DarkHoles posted...
quincy2000a posted...
I have no problem with Microsoft adding the Kinect.

Mine has never been plugged in, but I have no problem with them adding it.

What I do have a problem with is Microsoft selling me an underpowered console and thinking the Kinect makes up for it.

It doesn't.

I have yet to read a review of a cross platformer that says "the Xbox One graphics in this game suffer in comparison to those on the PS4--but the addition of the Kinect makes up for it by...."

By what?

Maybe that's what Microsoft needs to do and should have lead with.

Dx12 and the cloud will put the x1 on par with the ps4.

Still putting hope on what MS says...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#36BTM4444Posted 3/25/2014 8:05:50 AM
I've been saying this since launch.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#37MrImpatient35Posted 3/25/2014 8:12:43 AM
I honestly don't see what all the fuss was about, about the Kinect. Seems to work just fine. My friends do the voice commands all the time, and I rarely hear them repeat themselves. I see a ton of potential with the Kinect + gaming...especially horror games. I don't know when it'll happen, but I think a horror game will eventually read your heartbeat, to do something in the game. I hope that happens lol. Why wouldn't it? Seems like the perfect thing to do in a horror game. Who knows. Maybe The Evil Within might do it.
---
FML
#38PulpPosted 3/25/2014 9:17:46 AM
The TC is right, but for the wrong reasons. Microsoft is interested in the advertising & DRM potential of Kinect. That's worth waaaay more money than gaming. MS is more likely to give away the Xbone for free than drop Kinect.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98