What was Microsoft's biggest mistake at launch?

#11towlie_420Posted 3/25/2014 7:25:25 AM(edited)
nableet posted...
It may just be the terminology, but I would consider the launch to be when it released? Most of that list was changed prior to release (launch). If you are indeed referring to the announcement, and not release, then it was a little bit of all of them.

The fact they changed most of it should be commended, but too little too late comes to mind.

I thing MS overestimated how well people are informed, and underestimated how tightly people can close there ears, eyes, and wallet when you pi## them off.
---
xboxGT MaGee911
PSN magee911
#12CharocksPosted 3/25/2014 7:34:52 AM
All the above, arrogance, no BC.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#13Jedi454Posted 3/25/2014 7:35:55 AM
Having to deal with the American public.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#14Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 7:36:03 AM
It's honesty was its biggest downfall IMO.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#15WinnsockPosted 3/25/2014 7:42:52 AM
I honestly think price was the least important factor out of all of those. Had Microsoft not tried to pull all that other crap, I bet most 360 fans would have bought a One. But combined with all the other bad decisions, the $100 extra definitely provided extra firepower to those against the One.
---
GT: Winnsock
#16IzraeilPosted 3/25/2014 8:40:59 AM
Not releasing it a year before PS4, let's face it 360 sold as much as it did because it had a year headstart and it created a chain reaction of people buying it because their friend had it.
By releasing around the same time it had no chance of competing against the Playstation brand.
#17_PerfectionistPosted 3/25/2014 9:00:33 AM
I didn't have a problem personally with DRM because I don't get used games. It was a matter of pride and I have just seen it as greediness and disrespect to all customers. It is like a big middle finger to every person who supported them throughout the years. And I remember them, after the DRM reveal, saying that they stand with publishers and want them to profit and don't want them to lose money and then the publishers came out saying that they have nothing to do with the DRM blah blah and then Micro$$$$ quickly retracted from the decision.
---
-Arab Gamer-
"Dont regret the past, just learn from it."
#18sn3akywafflesPosted 3/25/2014 9:05:49 AM
i dont get how the drm, online check in and forced kinect are even options, these weren't problems at LAUNCH

0/10 poll
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#19TreGoodaPosted 3/25/2014 9:07:39 AM
Other:

Reversing the original policies was the biggest mistake.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#20Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 9:08:28 AM
TreGooda posted...
Other:

Reversing the original policies was the biggest mistake.

This, so much this.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.