What was Microsoft's biggest mistake at launch?

#21HellsControllerPosted 3/25/2014 8:10:35 AM
The DRM and general anti-consumer BS they tried to pull is the only reason I want MS to fail. I've never taken a console war seriously. But by buying an xbone you are essentially telling them and other companies that it's okay for them to try and screw over their customers.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#22TreGoodaPosted 3/25/2014 8:12:55 AM
HellsController posted...
The DRM and general anti-consumer BS they tried to pull is the only reason I want MS to fail. I've never taken a console war seriously. But by buying an xbone you are essentially telling them and other companies that it's okay for them to try and screw over their customers.

It really sucks that my ipod doesn't play CDs. My walkman from 20 years ago could play CDs.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#23IzraeilPosted 3/25/2014 8:14:19 AM
TreGooda posted...

It really sucks that my ipod doesn't play CDs. My walkman from 20 years ago could play CDs.

That's an argument against backwards compatibility bud...
#24TreGoodaPosted 3/25/2014 8:16:28 AM
Izraeil posted...
TreGooda posted...

That's an argument against backwards compatibility bud...

It's actually not....bud

However, if you don't get it then I can see why you don't understand all the benefits of the original policies.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#25Bikes-Posted 3/25/2014 8:26:12 AM
TreGooda posted...

This is a horrible analogy considering you can get CD/Tapes and even records to MP3 format if you have the right equipment.

Also it's kinda sad that there's people that don't get why the original system was a terrible idea.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#26FourManSevenPosted 3/25/2014 8:29:26 AM
The 24 hour check in. Easy. No one should be forced to check in like a child to a server in order to play a game offline.
Used game DRM - Was confusing and hardly made sense and any average customer.
Forced Kinnect - Many people, including myself, do not want the Kinnect at all. Kinnect, to many, is seen as a gimmick and unneeded. Keeping it plugged in is another thing that many people were uncomfortable with.
Price - Not so much a problem until multiplatform games ended up being worse on the Xbox One. Now it's $100 more for a weaker console, with a slew of unneeded media features.
#27the_old_daysPosted 3/25/2014 8:45:22 AM
The mandatory 24 hour check in. It left too many mysteries open about the fate if your XB1 game library once server support for the XB1 was rolled over to its successor system.
---
Unus dies noctesque omnium dolor risus et pugna, et quod peto, omnes? Non autem odium, et faciemus.
#28Coutts2Posted 3/25/2014 8:55:45 AM
I would say the attitude of their PR staff in the first few days after the backlash. They were so smug with the if you don't like it don't buy it attitude for about 3 days.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#29aszsithPosted 3/25/2014 8:59:17 AM
TreGooda posted...
Other:

Reversing the original policies was the biggest mistake.

Tyronelio1 posted...
TreGooda posted...
Other:

Reversing the original policies was the biggest mistake.

This, so much this.

Agreed.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#30adampeltzPosted 3/25/2014 9:23:34 AM

Or... you're telling them that the change was the right move.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691