Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#1lilj812Posted 3/25/2014 7:58:48 AM
Topic title. Customers want it, they don't want to pay for something they won't use. Many, many, many potential buyers including myself won't touch the Xbox one just because of the forced kinect. Sure I don't have to plug it in, and I never will. And many others follow the same line of thinking I do. So why are we forced to buy the kinect when it's optional to run the console?

Does Microsoft just not care about what the customers want?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#2DarkHolesPosted 3/25/2014 8:05:21 AM
Because they know it's potential.
---
Why do people not understand the xbox one will NEVER ship without kinect?
#3Ch3wyPosted 3/25/2014 8:06:56 AM
You've heard it explained time and time again and if you still don't understand you should probably see a doctor.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#4ShoothemonkeyPosted 3/25/2014 8:08:21 AM
To make you buy a PS4
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#5MRL3G3NDPosted 3/25/2014 8:09:35 AM
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#6nableetPosted 3/25/2014 8:13:28 AM
Yup, why would devs waste time and money creating anything unique and awesome for the Kinect when up to 84% of their potential customers will be on a none Kinect using platform (pc, 360, Ps3, Ps4, Wii u).

Answer: They won't. It will be voice commands (which don't even need Kinect) or poor motion controls.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#7BSerenityPosted 3/25/2014 8:22:02 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Kinect really should have been optional.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#8lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 8:23:13 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

That seems both reasonable and realistic.. :/ you may be spot on.

It's about the money, not the consumer, not the fans. They haven't even pushed or advertised a kinect killer app and it's been 4 months.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#9ScorpeXPosted 3/25/2014 8:27:15 AM
The kinnect isn't there for games, it's there for some other reason. Something important enough for it to be a major part of the reason they are losing the console war.
#10SupaflyGibsonPosted 3/25/2014 8:31:44 AM
lilj812 posted...
Topic title. Customers want it, they don't want to pay for something they won't use. Many, many, many potential buyers including myself won't touch the Xbox one just because of the forced kinect. Sure I don't have to plug it in, and I never will. And many others follow the same line of thinking I do. So why are we forced to buy the kinect when it's optional to run the console?

Does Microsoft just not care about what the customers want?

How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.
---
gt: For Spartaa