Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#11Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 7:31:59 AM
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Kinect really should have been optional.

The console came out in November... You know nothing on what third parties are developing for it.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#12lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:38:38 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
lilj812 posted...
Topic title. Customers want it, they don't want to pay for something they won't use. Many, many, many potential buyers including myself won't touch the Xbox one just because of the forced kinect. Sure I don't have to plug it in, and I never will. And many others follow the same line of thinking I do. So why are we forced to buy the kinect when it's optional to run the console?

Does Microsoft just not care about what the customers want?

How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.

Go to google and look up "kinect less Xbox one", find an article and read the comments. Any comment section not on ms website and youll see that people want a kinectless unit. Look at polls on this site and over the web. It's not hard to find. Thousands upon thousands people vote on this website alone.

And yes you are forced to buy one if you want to play Xbox one games. Just like you're forced to buy Xbox live if you want to use YouTube on your Xbox one. If you want the Xbox, you have to buy the kinect with it, thus it being forced.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#13Ch3wyPosted 3/25/2014 7:40:03 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#14lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:40:16 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

The console came out in November... You know nothing on what third parties are developing for it.

Has anything been showed? Has anything even been teased??
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#15Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 7:41:19 AM
lilj812 posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
lilj812 posted...
Topic title. Customers want it, they don't want to pay for something they won't use. Many, many, many potential buyers including myself won't touch the Xbox one just because of the forced kinect. Sure I don't have to plug it in, and I never will. And many others follow the same line of thinking I do. So why are we forced to buy the kinect when it's optional to run the console?

Does Microsoft just not care about what the customers want?

How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.

Go to google and look up "kinect less Xbox one", find an article and read the comments. Any comment section not on ms website and youll see that people want a kinectless unit. Look at polls on this site and over the web. It's not hard to find. Thousands upon thousands people vote on this website alone.

And yes you are forced to buy one if you want to play Xbox one games. Just like you're forced to buy Xbox live if you want to use YouTube on your Xbox one. If you want the Xbox, you have to buy the kinect with it, thus it being forced.

I'm a customer and I want the kinect to stay as a permanent feature.
---
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#16Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 7:44:42 AM
lilj812 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...

Has anything been showed? Has anything even been teased??

The game by harmonix and rare.
---
#17leelee3105Posted 3/25/2014 7:44:46 AM
Kinect sports rivals is the best game coming out this year
/topic
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#18lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:45:40 AM
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.

Wow.. You must be very uninformed. NuAds and what was pitched to advertisers by Microsoft was basically saying "hey, we can help you advertisers advertise to consumers in a new and revolutionary way. We have a device (kinect) that can see exactly what the consumer is looking at on Their tv screen or if they look away. Not only that, but it can monitor heart rate and other things so we can judge and/rate how the consumers like the advertisement, yada yada" you get the idea. Google Microsoft NuAds.
---
"Worlds best heel"
#19Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 7:46:31 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Kinect sports rivals is the best game coming out this year
/topic

---
#20Ch3wyPosted 3/25/2014 7:47:48 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

BUT

Wow.. You must be very uninformed. NuAds and what was pitched to advertisers by Microsoft was basically saying "hey, we can help you advertisers advertise to consumers in a new and revolutionary way. We have a device (kinect) that can see exactly what the consumer is looking at on Their tv screen or if they look away. Not only that, but it can monitor heart rate and other things so we can judge and/rate how the consumers like the advertisement, yada yada" you get the idea. Google Microsoft NuAds.

The amount of advertisements reaching the consumers is static regardless of the kinect.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001