Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#101GandalfTehGrayPosted 3/25/2014 3:21:11 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
GandalfTehGray posted...
I prefer to start most of my apps myself.
?????

btw, i can start all my apps (myself) faster with kinect, than you can with a controller. not a big deal. but definitely a fact.

I was talking about my phone that can also do voice activation. It may be slightly faster but I don't particularly like talking out loud to my devices. Now when they can read my wishes out of my mind they'll have something.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." Booster Defense Force
#102HighwayPilotPosted 3/25/2014 3:23:28 PM(edited)
I'd rather see more games that take full use of Kinect, so that it actually becomes an interesting gaming feature.
#103TomoEK9Posted 3/25/2014 3:46:18 PM
Sorbetowulf posted...
I want a car with no steering wheel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_9000

Done
#104singhellotakuPosted 3/25/2014 3:56:09 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

this, kinect is just as big a waste of time as it ever was, but forcing it on us at least makes it a marketing bullet point
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#105GhostSyntheticPosted 3/25/2014 3:57:11 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.

I think the two cases can be distinguished. The difference is that eating your second-favorite flavor of chips doesn't cost more money than eating your favorite flavor chips. However, you probably would be irritated if Frito-Lay attached, say, a toothbrush to your bag of chips and increased the cost. I think that might be a more accurate analogy.
#106pigkiller_77Posted 3/25/2014 4:46:10 PM
GhostSynthetic posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.

I think the two cases can be distinguished. The difference is that eating your second-favorite flavor of chips doesn't cost more money than eating your favorite flavor chips. However, you probably would be irritated if Frito-Lay attached, say, a toothbrush to your bag of chips and increased the cost. I think that might be a more accurate analogy.

Especially so if Frito-Lay insisted that it was ok because the toothbrush would enhance your chip eating experience.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#107mcnichojPosted 3/25/2014 4:48:37 PM
>Buy console
>Sell Kinect
CONGRATS ON BUYING A XBOX ONE WITHOUT KINECT!

So correction, stupid customers want optional Kinect.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#108Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/25/2014 4:56:50 PM
I sold my kinect 2.0 on eBay for $75.. I couldn't believe someone would buy it let alone pay that much for it
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#109TomoEK9Posted 3/25/2014 4:58:28 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I sold my kinect 2.0 on eBay for $75.. I couldn't believe someone would buy it let alone pay that much for it

Some people want the kinect and don't own a console. Despite the problems people have with it, the Kinect is a very good camera and for people who tinker with stuff its a great item for what it costs.
#110The_DOAMPosted 3/25/2014 5:02:10 PM
Easy Microsoft made it mandatory in order for them tooo.............

Whazzat ya say??

Sony has an optional PlayStation has an option Move peripheral, optional, Vita of TV play, and soon to be optional VR headset. We'll I'll be those are quit the options and what else you say?? The Gamepad for Wii U isn't forced and in fact they have a standard controller that can be used instead like back in the SNES days.

Wow those are nice to bad Microsoft finds the word optional to be such a sinful one.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...