Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#111Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/25/2014 5:10:31 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
GandalfTehGray posted...
I prefer to start most of my apps myself.
?????

btw, i can start all my apps (myself) faster with kinect, than you can with a controller. not a big deal. but definitely a fact.
It may be slightly faster but I don't particularly like talking out loud to my devices.
i don't either, unless they can hear my commands and obey them.
#112mjc0961Posted 3/25/2014 5:12:57 PM
Shoothemonkey posted...
To make you buy a PS4

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#113lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:29:50 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
GandalfTehGray posted...
I prefer to start most of my apps myself.
?????

btw, i can start all my apps (myself) faster with kinect, than you can with a controller. not a big deal. but definitely a fact.
It may be slightly faster but I don't particularly like talking out loud to my devices.
i don't either, unless they can hear my commands and obey them.

So since he isn't interested in what the kinect offers, wouldn't it be better for a consumer like him to be able to buy the Xbox one console without the optional kinect hook up? Instead of buying the Xbox one with the kinect, paying more, and never using the kinect? Wouldn't that be better for him, the consumer?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#114aLmosT_bLinDPosted 3/25/2014 5:32:38 PM
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Kinect really should have been optional.

Which is why he said potential.
#115lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:34:52 PM
aLmosT_bLinD posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Which is why he said potential.

What about the potential of kinect 1.0?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#116lindaluvPosted 3/25/2014 5:40:56 PM
Customers WANT is different than what they actually end up doing. Take the whole xbox/360/x1 system. It sucked... but still managed to sell regardless of how inferior, crappy, complete rip-off it was.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#117ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/25/2014 5:45:46 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...

The console came out in November... You know nothing on what third parties are developing for it.

If XB1 exclusives haven't used it beyond superfluous, gimmicky game actions yet, I don't think that's a sign of faith. Hell, Titanfall hasn't given it any attention at all. Why would any development team invest sections of their budget to program actions for a non-essential, supplementary peripheral? Logic is not on the kinect's side.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#118XtremeWRATH360Posted 3/25/2014 6:12:09 PM
I will continue to say this till im blue in the face.

Its highly beneficial to offer a Kinectless sku and the best way to prevent Kinect from failing when people don't have it is to offer more support/rewards to those who follow MSs "vision". You can appease both crowds MS chooses not too which is a really dick move on their part.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#119DarthZeldaPosted 3/25/2014 6:16:19 PM
lilj812 posted...
DarthZelda posted...
BECAUSE developers can develop games with Kinect in mind and not worry about people not having it. Plain and simple.

If that was the case then why are there so few games for the kinect released and barely any coming out any time soon?

That I don't know, but I'm sure M$ wanted to make this Kinect garbage available to everyone for the reason I stated..... But clearly developers don't care about it.
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.
#120gogogodzillaPosted 3/25/2014 6:40:11 PM
leelee3105 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.

Wow.. You must be very uninformed. NuAds and what was pitched to advertisers by Microsoft was basically saying "hey, we can help you advertisers advertise to consumers in a new and revolutionary way. We have a device (kinect) that can see exactly what the consumer is looking at on Their tv screen or if they look away. Not only that, but it can monitor heart rate and other things so we can judge and/rate how the consumers like the advertisement, yada yada" you get the idea. Google Microsoft NuAds.

So your argument is that by Microsoft selling people something they don't want they will help companies to sell us exactly what we do want? Those evil bastards

I do not give them permission to do this to me. That they'd do so anyway is a breach of privacy rights.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"