Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#21leelee3105Posted 3/25/2014 8:49:19 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.

Wow.. You must be very uninformed. NuAds and what was pitched to advertisers by Microsoft was basically saying "hey, we can help you advertisers advertise to consumers in a new and revolutionary way. We have a device (kinect) that can see exactly what the consumer is looking at on Their tv screen or if they look away. Not only that, but it can monitor heart rate and other things so we can judge and/rate how the consumers like the advertisement, yada yada" you get the idea. Google Microsoft NuAds.

So your argument is that by Microsoft selling people something they don't want they will help companies to sell us exactly what we do want? Those evil bastards
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#22BSerenityPosted 3/25/2014 8:54:01 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Kinect really should have been optional.

The console came out in November... You know nothing on what third parties are developing for it.

Yet I have the past as a measuring tool. You have what to make a claim third parties are going to embrace it? The word of MS like what was given about Kinect v1?

I have nothing against Kinect. It is nice tech. Only it isn't getting the support to show it's usefulness to the core gamer. MS sold millions of Kinect v1. Games that truly used the tech were casual targeted games. Part of that millions sold were diehards clinging to the words of MS about how Kinect was going to change the landscape of gaming. It didn't change then and it hasn't now.

Third party developers have not and are continuing to not give full support to the Kinect. It is rather a shame because the Kinect boasts some nice tech. It is what it is tho.

While Kinect hasn't garnered support on the gaming front. It is a very nice tool on the multimedia front.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#23_PerfectionistPosted 3/25/2014 8:54:26 AM
Because ads and money.
---
-Arab Gamer-
"Dont regret the past, just learn from it."
#24lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 8:56:02 AM
leelee3105 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.

Wow.. You must be very uninformed. NuAds and what was pitched to advertisers by Microsoft was basically saying "hey, we can help you advertisers advertise to consumers in a new and revolutionary way. We have a device (kinect) that can see exactly what the consumer is looking at on Their tv screen or if they look away. Not only that, but it can monitor heart rate and other things so we can judge and/rate how the consumers like the advertisement, yada yada" you get the idea. Google Microsoft NuAds.

So your argument is that by Microsoft selling people something they don't want they will help companies to sell us exactly what we do want? Those evil bastards

At the cost of consumer choice the consumer has to pay more money up front for a device they don't want attached to a device they do want just so Microsoft can make more money with advertisers. I don't even want advertisements on my game system at all lol.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#25lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 8:59:37 AM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

BUT

The amount of advertisements reaching the consumers is static regardless of the kinect.

I don't think there should be any ads anywhere on the home screen, or hidden in the ui, and it for sure shouldn't take up the full screen (I hope it never does). If users want to see advertisements, make a section that says "upcoming news and ads" bam, everyone wins.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#26rgwPosted 3/25/2014 9:01:16 AM
Customers are diffident f*** bois thats why.
---
rgw
--
#27Tyronelio1Posted 3/25/2014 9:02:53 AM
BSerenity posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

a potential that has yet to be achieved and hasn't garnered the appeal of the third party developers as MS thought and hoped for. While I don't have anything negative to say about the Kinect. I also have nothing positive to say about it.

Kinect really should have been optional.

The console came out in November... You know nothing on what third parties are developing for it.

Yet I have the past as a measuring tool. You have what to make a claim third parties are going to embrace it? The word of MS like what was given about Kinect v1?

I have nothing against Kinect. It is nice tech. Only it isn't getting the support to show it's usefulness to the core gamer. MS sold millions of Kinect v1. Games that truly used the tech were casual targeted games. Part of that millions sold were diehards clinging to the words of MS about how Kinect was going to change the landscape of gaming. It didn't change then and it hasn't now.

Third party developers have not and are continuing to not give full support to the Kinect. It is rather a shame because the Kinect boasts some nice tech. It is what it is tho.

While Kinect hasn't garnered support on the gaming front. It is a very nice tool on the multimedia front.

So now your basing what happened in the past with old tech as what's happening with the future if new tech? Okay that sounds legit.

So you know what third parties are doing? Do you have a source or?
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#28Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 3/25/2014 9:05:29 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Kinect sports rivals is the best game coming out this year
/topic

If this is true, then I'm glad that I skipped out on the next generation of consoles.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#29Wolverine24708Posted 3/25/2014 9:10:18 AM
Only problem is, if they get rid of the kinect, they might have to totally redesign the UI. The only thing I like about the Kinect is the voice activation feature, "Xbox, record that!". I wish this was as simple as a push of button, like on the PS4.

The Kinect isn't a bad peripheral. But sales would be much greater if they just gave the consumer the option. People like options. You'd think with a company as big as MS, they would understand this simple concept.
#30BSerenityPosted 3/25/2014 9:19:46 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
So now your basing what happened in the past with old tech as what's happening with the future if new tech? Okay that sounds legit.

So you know what third parties are doing? Do you have a source or?

New tech doesn't erase the lack of support the old garnered.
The only games you will see any real use of Kinect are going to be from first, second, and third party exclusives.

Third party developers working on a multiplat game are not going to put more work into Kinect features that only half or a third of their base will experience. It isn't cost effective.

Until there is a game that will appeal to the core gamer using the Kinect fully, you are not going to see wide support for the Kinect from third parties. Even showing it might still be useless because of the cost effectiveness.

Kinect is a great piece of tech that will never be fully utilized by third parties in their games. You can quote me on it or whatever you wish.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.