Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#31MonicasBackPosted 3/25/2014 9:22:10 AM
Customers want it. I'm proof.
---
Monicaaa
#32FourManSevenPosted 3/25/2014 9:23:26 AM
Cause the Kinect is "essential".
#33MrImpatient35Posted 3/25/2014 9:29:07 AM
DarkHoles posted...
Because they know it's potential.

I'd rather them having a lower price point, like $450, than to get rid of the Kinect. I, a lot like the person making D4, see a lot of potential in the Kinect, for future games. I should post that article about D4. I'm reading it now.
---
FML
#34SupaflyGibsonPosted 3/25/2014 9:37:20 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Customers want it. I'm proof.

This. Lol at judging the gamer base by comment sections of articles regarding the kinect. TC may be right in that many customers don't want the kinect, but that is not evidence. The kinect is the only thing that separates the Xbone from the ps4. Without it, its really just a weaker console. The bottom line is we don't have any hard evidence saying that a significant part of the gamer base doesn't want the kinect. I think MS knows what they're doing by sticking with it.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#35MRL3G3NDPosted 3/25/2014 10:29:04 AM
They are coming up with xbox exclusive programming..tv shows movies... I wonder where the ads will fit in?

whats crazy is I tell people this stuff months in advance and when it comes true people totally forget....

I made a trhead months ago saying that in order to make the Kinect relevant MS is going to have to go into VR....

they laughed and insulted me friggin dummies lol
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#36TrickyPonyPosted 3/25/2014 10:36:04 AM
Kinect isn't something I was on pins and needles for, but it's something I'm glad I have now. It makes using the Xbox One unique. Voice commands, app switching, snap features, all only possible with Kinect.
#37DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 3/25/2014 10:39:35 AM
Ch3wy posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

That doesn't even make sense. The Kinect is an input device and as such it is not capable of displaying advertisements.

I was thinking the same thing, then saw your post. Perfectly said.
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#38Dave_is_my_namePosted 3/25/2014 10:50:52 AM
I'm a customer. I want all Xbox Ones to ship with Kinect so there is a 100% attach rate to the system, and developers are inclined to develop games with that in mind.

Why should your wants be greater than mine?
---
3DS FC: 2105-9152-7042
IGN: Zyzzyva
#39SorbetowulfPosted 3/25/2014 10:54:36 AM
I want a car with no steering wheel.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#40FinzFan4lifePosted 3/25/2014 10:57:20 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
They know the Kinect will sit on the shelf if they made it optional...they simply haven't given us a reason to go out and buy a Kinect

BUT

In order for them to pitch NuAds to potential advertisers, they have to bait them with a large install base.

Since Kinect 2.0 sell 1:1 with every XB1 console...they can tell the advertisers "Your Ad will reach 3.6 million gamers"

If they sold it separately they would have only sold 5000 lol

so must suck to be a sony fan with their Nuads plan
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012