Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#41countrymacPosted 3/25/2014 10:01:06 AM
I didn't want Kinect but my media remote won't work without it.
#42MixorzPosted 3/25/2014 10:02:45 AM
My wife got a kick out of the Zumba games on the old Kinect. The Kinect allows her to enjoy the console just like I do. Not all of us are forever alones, some of us have families with different interests.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Currently Playing: Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls II
#43Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/25/2014 10:03:38 AM
xbox one = kinectbox

if you don't want the kinect, then you don't want xbox one.
#44pplschamp316Posted 3/25/2014 10:05:27 AM
Wolverine24708 posted...
Only problem is, if they get rid of the kinect, they might have to totally redesign the UI. The only thing I like about the Kinect is the voice activation feature, "Xbox, record that!". I wish this was as simple as a push of button, like on the PS4.

The Kinect isn't a bad peripheral. But sales would be much greater if they just gave the consumer the option. People like options. You'd think with a company as big as MS, they would understand this simple concept.

The inclusion of Kinect 2.0 isn't about the option to the consumer. That was Kinect 1.0 for the XBox 360, which sold quite well, I believe over 20 million units. The problem that make consumers hesitant about Kinect 2.0 is that "there were no great games for Kinect 1.0." This is where basic economics steps in.

Lets take the PS4 Camera for example. Sony has trouble keeping it in stock, and retailers have now increased the price due to the demand. Great. But Sony recently reported that the attachment rate for the camera is 15%. So only 15% of all PS4 users can use features that involve the camera, and 85% cannot. Those numbers right there show developers that it may be something to look at using, but not enough to spend a ton of money for R&D. This is the same thing that happened for Kinect 1.0, so not too many good games for it.

Now that Kinect 2.0 is bundled with every XBox One, the attachment rate is 100%. Everyone now has access to use it, therefore developers know that money isn't going to be completely wasted. So as R&D goes up, we can expect some really creative people to come up with something good. We are only a few months into the console's lifecycle (which they are expecting to be 10 years).
---
GT: PplsChamp316
#45archibald3Posted 3/25/2014 10:09:22 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.
#46BSerenityPosted 3/25/2014 10:13:10 AM(edited)
pplschamp316 posted...
Wolverine24708 posted...
Only problem is, if they get rid of the kinect, they might have to totally redesign the UI. The only thing I like about the Kinect is the voice activation feature, "Xbox, record that!". I wish this was as simple as a push of button, like on the PS4.

The Kinect isn't a bad peripheral. But sales would be much greater if they just gave the consumer the option. People like options. You'd think with a company as big as MS, they would understand this simple concept.

The inclusion of Kinect 2.0 isn't about the option to the consumer. That was Kinect 1.0 for the XBox 360, which sold quite well, I believe over 20 million units. The problem that make consumers hesitant about Kinect 2.0 is that "there were no great games for Kinect 1.0." This is where basic economics steps in.

Lets take the PS4 Camera for example. Sony has trouble keeping it in stock, and retailers have now increased the price due to the demand. Great. But Sony recently reported that the attachment rate for the camera is 15%. So only 15% of all PS4 users can use features that involve the camera, and 85% cannot. Those numbers right there show developers that it may be something to look at using, but not enough to spend a ton of money for R&D. This is the same thing that happened for Kinect 1.0, so not too many good games for it.

Now that Kinect 2.0 is bundled with every XBox One, the attachment rate is 100%. Everyone now has access to use it, therefore developers know that money isn't going to be completely wasted. So as R&D goes up, we can expect some really creative people to come up with something good. We are only a few months into the console's lifecycle (which they are expecting to be 10 years).

This only goes for exclusives.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#47slowdog76Posted 3/25/2014 10:15:00 AM
I want an optional Kinect, why can't I get what I want?

fixed up that heading there for ya TC
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#48lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 10:22:11 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
xbox one = kinectbox

if you don't want the kinect, then you don't want xbox one.

Do you think this is why the ps4 is way ahead of ms in terms of sales? Microsoft is losing on its own turf, that has to mean that the demand is down for something.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#49ejay8320Posted 3/25/2014 10:26:39 AM
pplschamp316 posted...
Wolverine24708 posted...

Fair enough point in the last paragraph, but I feel that this will only really apply to exclusives, most multiplat games will probably use it at a bare minimum because of development costs. I don't see devs spending extra in development to implement extra features on one version of the game. Look at the PS3/360 era most devs just didn't spend as much time as needed for the PS3 versions and it showed.
#50axelfooley2k5Posted 3/25/2014 10:27:52 AM
the kinect isnt working as they wanted up to this point

it was made for microsoft to make money off of advertisements
if people are not watching tv through their xbox or watching netfilx how are they gathering data to sell back to companies

i think they envisioned a cable service or at least everyone who has cable using the hdmi in

and then using the kinect to judge peoples mood during what they watch

whatever .....im waiting for a good deal around $400 and im selling the kinect on ebay for $80
i dont want it in my house i dont care for it and see absolutely no value in it
i can skype with my computer

if sony had it also all 3rd party companys would care about it but they dont
im waiting to see a first party developer make a great game with kinect leading the way in some sort of way in the gameplay

when i buy an xbox one kinect is going on ebay .....that is why im having a hard time justifying it right now
call me a playstation fanboy all you want i owned a 360 and played 60% of my game on it over the ps3......
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI