Customers want an optional Kinect, why can't the customers get what they want?

#91lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 1:59:36 PM
DarthZelda posted...
BECAUSE developers can develop games with Kinect in mind and not worry about people not having it. Plain and simple.

If that was the case then why are there so few games for the kinect released and barely any coming out any time soon?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#92BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 3/25/2014 2:02:20 PM
Xbox one IS better with Kinect. If you disagree then that is your problem.
---
"Just so we're clear, I'm not paying for this"
#93silverwing525Posted 3/25/2014 2:05:02 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
lilj812 posted...
Topic title. Customers want it, they don't want to pay for something they won't use. Many, many, many potential buyers including myself won't touch the Xbox one just because of the forced kinect. Sure I don't have to plug it in, and I never will. And many others follow the same line of thinking I do. So why are we forced to buy the kinect when it's optional to run the console?

Does Microsoft just not care about what the customers want?

How do you know many many other players aren't buying because of the kinect? GFaqs is not a good barometer of the entire gaming population. I have a Day One edition and love the kinect. You aren't forced to buy anything. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Should I b**** and moan to frito-lay because they don't make my favorite flavored chip? No. Stop with this entitlement nonsense.

I am not buying because of the Kinect and the fact that it adds another $100 to the price.
---
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD.
#94lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 2:07:29 PM
BLACK_HUNTEX posted...
Xbox one IS better with Kinect. If you disagree then that is your problem.

The ps4 is better with the camera but it's optional. Giving the customers a choice is always better. If you disagree, you're a shill.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#95jellybeanmasterPosted 3/25/2014 2:33:53 PM
Who r ne of u to say dev aren't taking to kinect? X1 hasnt even had its first E3. give it a year at least before saying dev arent taking advantage of it
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#96scoobydoobydontPosted 3/25/2014 2:43:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#97GandalfTehGrayPosted 3/25/2014 2:59:58 PM
As someone that has never used a Kinect I don't feel that I want one. My phone "Moto X" has voice controls and I don't use them very often, I prefer to start most of my apps myself. There is also no games currently using it the way that would interest me , a sword combat game or FPS that could register my movements and actions accurately would be the games that could sway me to try one.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." Booster Defense Force
#98retypenewcodePosted 3/25/2014 3:03:11 PM
I swear I cam here to make a topic like this. O_o
---
Ps3 ID: Degree361
Steam: Degree361
#99TeraPatrick2008Posted 3/25/2014 3:03:18 PM
I thought Xboners like Kinect?

Xbox One without Kinect, Xbox Zero?
#100Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/25/2014 3:06:38 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
I prefer to start most of my apps myself.
?????

btw, i can start all my apps (myself) faster with kinect, than you can with a controller. not a big deal. but definitely a fact.