Which system has a better online community?

#21EnclavePosted 3/25/2014 1:40:44 PM(edited)
Live was better for a few years last gen but honestly? They're about equal now and both are full to the gills with idiots.

Also, Playstation games also get dedicated servers. It all is up to the developers and publishers to offer them. Only difference is Microsoft will let devs/pubs to rent server space from them to be used as dedicated servers, no word on if Sony has similar offers as well.

Oh and if anybody is going to claim Sony doesn't have server farms, you're wrong. They have plenty. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to make all those MMOs they are always making or do anything with Gaikai or any number of other things they use servers to run.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#22DeadLock25Posted 3/25/2014 1:48:11 PM(edited)
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
No I think the magic is when you can play for hours and not get disconnected/experience lag.

I don't think you've even seen the UI because that's a weird assumption you have. They have a tiny box dedicated to ads it's nothing you don't see on youtube or pretty much anywhere on the internet don't act like you've never seen an ad before, and don't act like the tiny little ad box impacts your gaming experience in the slightest.

XBL has lag and disconnects daily, just look at the topics complaining about it...

There has never been any lag, and there are no daily disconnects. There are certain areas of the service that experience issues, but those are not reflective of the entire infrastructure, and they are by no means "daily." Do you actually play on XBL?

Speaking of terrible service, at least when certain areas of the service are experiencing trouble, MS does not shut down the whole infrastructure for a month. See...nobody is flawless.

And your comment about ads. Really? You are just reaching now. Especially if your reference is relative to the competitor.

As far as TC's concern goes, well it really depends. If you use this board to generalize the entire community of both consoles, well....you can see PSN is pretty down there compared to XBL, but doing that would be stupid. Because this board is not even a close representative of either community, the only answer you have is that it depends on the game.

The more popular games like COD and Titanfall are bound to have more a*****es on it, compared to the less popular ones. This applies to both platforms. In reality this question is pointless since the answer can be easily contaminated with subjective bias based on the each persons experiences. I have met very cool people on XBL, as well as complete and utter idiots, but those have been on Halo and Minecraft. I usually dont play with them long enough to give them a chance to ruin my experience, it just ends up being funny, so my experience has been positive overall. With PSN, I never encountered anyone rude, but did get an idiot blasting music in his mic on COD, but my experience with the service has been VERY limited, so both instances are rather inconclusive.

In the end, it depends largely on the game and your method of dealing with the annoying ones, which are without a doubt, the minority. If you let them get to you, then yes you will have a very annoying experience, but there are numerous ways of dealing with those people so that they become largely unnoticeable. I have made great friends on XBL and I'm sure the same can be said about PSN. Comparing them like this is just instigating the fanboy console wars, which is pointless.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#23Semp1Posted 3/25/2014 1:49:21 PM
Don't never promoted friendship. They didn't even have cross talk on the ps3. That's crazy.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#24OneformPosted 3/25/2014 1:51:23 PM
CDubM84 posted...
At this point, I think regardless of which one you go with you'll find out there are plenty of 12 year old boys that will say they slept with your mother last night. This is the reality of online communities in 2014.

This is so true. Have a PS3 and a 360 and at times you get good, decent people and you get awful kids other times on both systems. Get the console with the exclusives that interest you more. It also depends on the game as well.
---
The fine line between honour and vengeance will be crossed by one.
#25MOATS7798Posted 3/25/2014 2:32:10 PM
If this forum is any indication, which it is, you can see in the number of games sold per console (Which Xbox leads again) vs all the pS4 owners who spend much of their time here crying...ABOUT the Xbox!

So if you want to play games with gamers, get a Xbox, want to game with guys who cry and probably just wanna chat about consoles they don't own or they hate, get a PS4...

I can see them now all camping in an area of a game not playing, just on their headsets crying about Xbox. When one of them has a brilliant idea they log off and come here like they always do to the Xbox board to make another lame topic...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#26EnclavePosted 3/25/2014 2:45:44 PM(edited)
MOATS7798 posted...
If this forum is any indication, which it is, you can see in the number of games sold per console (Which Xbox leads again) vs all the pS4 owners who spend much of their time here crying...ABOUT the Xbox!

So if you want to play games with gamers, get a Xbox, want to game with guys who cry and probably just wanna chat about consoles they don't own or they hate, get a PS4...

I can see them now all camping in an area of a game not playing, just on their headsets crying about Xbox. When one of them has a brilliant idea they log off and come here like they always do to the Xbox board to make another lame topic...

You do know if you go to the PS4 board that you'll find an awful lot of Xbox idiots trolling over there, right? Don't pretend that the trolls are only coming from 1 fanbase. Both fanbases have their fair share of idiot trolls.

The first way to break the chain of trolling? Stop being a damn console loyalist and don't rip on people who have legitimate grievances with your console of choice. Not everybody who complains about the PS4 or Xbone are trolling that system.

Seriously, the way you're acting right now? You're just as bad as the people trolling this board. I put you right alongside them.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#27StrongBlackVinePosted 3/25/2014 3:26:59 PM
Semp1 posted...
Don't never promoted friendship. They didn't even have cross talk on the ps3. That's crazy.

The was no party chat on PS3 because the of split memory. Had nothing to do with not promoting friendship. PS4 has a great party chat while Xbox One was a downgrade from 360 in the beginning.
#28Jedi454Posted 3/25/2014 3:28:36 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
I'm admit I'm a little biased about X-box's online. It's just better. They have dedicated servers, and I have always experienced less lag when playing an X-box game online.

The online community is just terrible all around but I'm sure you'll find that 1/10 group on either system.

---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#29MOATS7798Posted 3/26/2014 3:19:30 PM
Enclave posted...
MOATS7798 posted...

You do know if you go to the PS4 board that you'll find an awful lot of Xbox idiots trolling over there, right? Don't pretend that the trolls are only coming from 1 fanbase. Both fanbases have their fair share of idiot trolls.

The first way to break the chain of trolling? Stop being a damn console loyalist and don't rip on people who have legitimate grievances with your console of choice. Not everybody who complains about the PS4 or Xbone are trolling that system.

Seriously, the way you're acting right now? You're just as bad as the people trolling this board. I put you right alongside them.

No I don't know because I have no interest in being there, I don't waste my time reading or wanting to talk to people about something I don't own or have no plans to buy...I never go there, there is nothing that has my interest, I have no interest in wanting to go make fun of them for having 1 decent exclusive, if I want to I can do that here since this is where they are at all the time...if you could see my 14 years of posts on this site if they didn't purge them, you'd see I'm not like everyone else and I don't post on boards that don't interest me. Why? For what? I'm not a dumb ass fool, this is gaming, A HOBBY and just a form of entertainment, NOTHING ELSE.

And if I choose one system over the other that's my damn choice what I prefer, not some worthless punk like you to tell me otherwise or to tell me who or what I need to be "Loyal" to....I've owned or own every gaming console ever made, minus a Phillips CDI and a Atari Jaguar...who wants to talk about loyalty again? I've played it all...what because the PS4 doesn't interest me I'm an outkast because I'm not in love with a worthless Sony console? NEWSBREAK: I liked the Dreamcast more than PS2....Xbox more than PS2...Liked the 360 more than the PS3...I only sold my PS3..guess I'm just a Sega and MS "Loyalist" because these systems had better games?....DRY IT UP!

If you had half a clue you'd see most topics created about the X1 are from those who don't own one, have to clue, and never had an intent to buy it because they don't want Kinect...yet they are making fun of things while I and many others have enjoyed many of the exclusive and multiplatform games...so why do I want to game with stupid ass idiots who act like that?

Why does my preference bug you so much? Because it's true that's why...AND because I speak the truth, I don't need to sugar coat it for the 10 year olds here and anyone else at Sonyfaqs.com for that matter...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#30richboy900Posted 3/26/2014 3:28:35 PM
They both have their share of fools and annoying people. I find more skilled gamers on the Xbox though. If I played battlefield or cod on live then played those games on playstation, I'd do much better and get more streaks on the Sony console.

The worst though are rage quitters, you encounter them on fighting games online.