Samsung smart tv good for gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Samsung smart tv good for gaming?

User Info: Artvandelay1984

Artvandelay1984
3 years ago#1
Looking to replace my 40 inch samsung lcd with a 55 inch samsung smart tv. I think all this talk about input lag is tremendously overblown. Its a 120 hz refresh rate. Any opinions?

User Info: werkz_destroyz

werkz_destroyz
3 years ago#2
You should only be worried about input lag if you primarly play fps shooters like call of buties.
Gt: werkz destroyz

User Info: chicken8or

chicken8or
3 years ago#3
I have a 52 inch Samsung plasma 3D Smart TV. It is, by far, the best TV I have ever played on. Plasma TVs are amazing and I would much rather have one than a LED or LCD.
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8

User Info: uniquebadger

uniquebadger
3 years ago#4
i play on a 55 inch samsung smart tv. Don't have an issue. That being said, as far as the tv apps, it really isn't anything your xbox can't do.

User Info: MJFJD

MJFJD
3 years ago#5
i play on a 46 inch samsung primarily, fulfills my needs for gaming.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
3 years ago#6
You don't need a "smart" tv necessarly. You pay a little more for the smart, all smart means is you get apps. It's cheaper to buy a bluray player with apps(Sony runs 50-$60) and a non smart tv. The upcharge on smart tvs is like $200 more for the same internals as the base version with 1080p, 120hz. "Smart" is a gimmick you pay extra for, don't believe me Google smart tv gimmick.
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.

User Info: ImThe8thWonder

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#7
CNET has a pretty good article about which TV series they think is currently best for gaming.
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.

User Info: a687947

a687947
3 years ago#8
I don't know about the Samsung smart TVs but I have a Sony Google TV which is great for gaming. Probably the best picture quality I've ever seen on a 1080p TV

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#9
I just bought the samsung s7100 60 led smart tv with 240hz and it's awesome.
Always O.G.

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
3 years ago#10
i dont get what this input lag business is about, ive never experienced anything like this. samsung tvs are the best in the biz go for it. just 4 days ago i got the f8000 60inch and the picture is epiccccc
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_0__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Samsung smart tv good for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived