Titanfall Didn't Save Microsoft's Xbox One

#101gogogodzillaPosted 3/26/2014 7:01:39 PM(edited)
Sorbetowulf posted...
necro00 posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...
necro00 posted...

I like the xbox brand, but the less power, higher price point and focus on tv and kinect, which isn't being utilized and probably wont be past kinect rivals and some other games like that soured me. If a huge flagship title like Titanfall doesn't even use the kinect for anything at all its kind of telling.

What exactly Kinect integration is going to happen in a FPS mech parkour shooter? Should I be hurdling over my couch? Should the Kinect register me jetpacking onto the back of a titan? Wait... wait. I got it. Whenever I want to melee sneak kill my enemy, I must snap my cat's neck in front of the sensor. Sold!

no implementation of any kind, sends a message thats its pretty worthless unless in certain situations, a totally different tale then MS would have you believing.

Or you know, it sends the message that Respawn was also developing this title concurrently for the Kinect-less PC. That has the "larger install base" that so many smarty-pants types like to bandy about on here. So... thanks, PC master-race, for holding me back from wallrunning across my refridgerator!

Thank you for pointing out that developers that make multiplatform games will probably not include any Kinect functionality in their games. Which means that the majority of XBox1 games will fall into that category.

What's the point of this "It's teh future of gaming" Kinect? Other than to be an expensive anchor around the XBox1's neck?
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#102Laylow12Posted 3/26/2014 6:51:51 PM
I didn't think it would save the XBOX ONE but I did expect it so sell more copies with the lack of games on the system. They've got to find a way to reduce inventory for the retailers or risk having them drop it all together.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#103TheScionofManPosted 3/26/2014 7:04:05 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
MOATS7798 posted...
Xboxed needed saved? By Titanfall?

How quick everyone forgets the flop last gen called PS3....it caught up finally...

MS has made enough moves to correct things everyone has cried about.

But please, I'm waiting the hear the story of how Xbox needs saved...I'm ready for a good fairytale before I go to bed tonight...

Fixing things after letting them get that bad doesn't make it right.

Actually that's pretty much what it means to fix something :p
#104Goregasm17Posted 3/26/2014 7:05:48 PM
Sam Mattera
#105RaRitsujunPosted 3/26/2014 11:52:59 PM
Poor bone.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 47 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#106Laylow12Posted 3/27/2014 4:44:16 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
Poor bone.

Indeed

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#107SorbetowulfPosted 3/27/2014 4:55:21 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

Or you know, it sends the message that Respawn was also developing this title concurrently for the Kinect-less PC. That has the "larger install base" that so many smarty-pants types like to bandy about on here. So... thanks, PC master-race, for holding me back from wallrunning across my refridgerator!

Thank you for pointing out that developers that make multiplatform games will probably not include any Kinect functionality in their games. Which means that the majority of XBox1 games will fall into that category.

What's the point of this "It's teh future of gaming" Kinect? Other than to be an expensive anchor around the XBox1's neck?

Or, you know, the "future" of gaming is just that, the future, and MS is content to see what happens with Kinect Sports Rivals while developers like Respawn could focus on their vision independent of trying to alter their development cycles on multiple platforms to cater to Kinect.

The future is just that. With a 4 million user base, it provides solid appeal for developers that are looking to branch out and try something new, and program specifically for that technology. XB1 bashers like to think that just because there has been little support five months into its life, it's a nothing. Except there's 4 million Kinects ready for future development, and is just one more avenue for developers to work with. Untapped resource is bad. So bad.

Untapped resource is bad, or it's a resource for creativity that XB1 has 4 million of, and PS4 doesn't.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#108chrish909Posted 3/27/2014 5:13:46 PM
In the past 2 weeks, half of sony santa monica got shut down, scea ceo jack tretton left, uncharted 4 director left, others at naughty dog left. Sony is crumbling before our very eyes and no one on this site acknowledges it. I go to other sites and its quite apparent there. Sony is about to be bought out by another company. Lmao ponies anyday now, I cant wait.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#109Galactus21Posted 3/27/2014 10:29:33 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
I have Yahoo as my homepage and every day there is an article sensationalizing things from the motley fool.Tomorrow they will be talking about how the xbox one is doing great and has potential.Today praising tomorrow downing.

One day i saw two articles from the motley fool right next to each other,the first was an article saying the Wii U had no chance of being saved and the other was about how the Wii U was about to come back from behind.Seriously.

The motley fool is nothing but clickbait articles and should not be taken seriously no matter what system they are praising or downing at the time.

This.
#110DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/27/2014 11:40:35 PM
dueric posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Except it costs more and is in less countries but hey u kids ignore that now dont you. Also xbox was more profitable than playstation last quarter but businesses dont care about profits right?

Ask all the people sony has been laying off about that.

Considering Playstation is the only profitable thing Sony has right now.

I'm not a fanboy, I just can't stand ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance... the Playstation brand over the last generation has lost $6 billion. The only part of it that is profitable was the software which was completely overshadowed by R&D, losses on hardware and things like PSN.

They are trying to be profitable NOW but thats a recent development and the PS4 still costs like $300+ just to MAKE, not including all the money that has already gone into research, the cut of the $400 for retailers, marketing, shipping, storage and so on.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H