Titanfall Didn't Save Microsoft's Xbox One

#31MOATS7798Posted 3/25/2014 6:24:30 PM
Xboxed needed saved? By Titanfall?

How quick everyone forgets the flop last gen called PS3....it caught up finally...

MS has made enough moves to correct things everyone has cried about.

But please, I'm waiting the hear the story of how Xbox needs saved...I'm ready for a good fairytale before I go to bed tonight...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#32josh924Posted 3/25/2014 6:28:48 PM
Okay, I read the article and I found two major things wrong with it.

1) The price drop isn't permanent at all.

2) A sale on a console bundle that comes with a game like Titanfall seems like the smart thing to do, not necessarily the "desperate" thing to do. Its especially smart when the price of the Xbox One's biggest competitor recently went up in price (at least in Canada).
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#33AzaneAzerPosted 3/25/2014 6:33:07 PM
MOATS7798 posted...

How quick everyone forgets the flop last gen called PS3....it caught up finally...

But please, I'm waiting the hear the story of how Xbox needs saved...I'm ready for a good fairytale before I go to bed tonight...

Fixing things after letting them get that bad doesn't make it right.
#34duericPosted 3/25/2014 6:36:52 PM
josh924 posted...
Okay, I read the article and I found two major things wrong with it.

1) The price drop isn't permanent at all.

2) A sale on a console bundle that comes with a game like Titanfall seems like the smart thing to do, not necessarily the "desperate" thing to do. Its especially smart when the price of the Xbox One's biggest competitor recently went up in price (at least in Canada).

Since this was all started by Walmart, not MS, one can assume they were simply overstocked with old sku's and wanted to make room for the "new" Forza bundles.

Which they just started listing a couple days ago after the sale was launched.

All the other conspiracy thoeries are likely just that.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#35slyman19Posted 3/25/2014 6:37:28 PM
dueric posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Except it costs more and is in less countries but hey u kids ignore that now dont you. Also xbox was more profitable than playstation last quarter but businesses dont care about profits right?

Ask all the people sony has been laying off about that.

Considering Playstation is the only profitable thing Sony has right now.

I'm not a fanboy, I just can't stand ignorance.

Uh...no it's not. The PS division does make a profit, but it's pretty small most of the time.

Their music, movies, imaging, and insurance all does A LOT better than the PlayStation.
#36duericPosted 3/25/2014 6:42:07 PM
slyman19 posted...
dueric posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

Except it costs more and is in less countries but hey u kids ignore that now dont you. Also xbox was more profitable than playstation last quarter but businesses dont care about profits right?

Ask all the people sony has been laying off about that.

Considering Playstation is the only profitable thing Sony has right now.

I'm not a fanboy, I just can't stand ignorance.

Uh...no it's not. The PS division does make a profit, but it's pretty small most of the time.

Their music, movies, imaging, and insurance all does A LOT better than the PlayStation.

Man. I've had that sig for like 7 years now, and it's still as relevant today as it was then.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#37Agnostic420Posted 3/25/2014 6:44:07 PM
It's better than anything on the PS4 right now. That Infamous game is like 8-13 hours, and for a game in that style, it's rental material.

Titanfall was the only real "new" release for either console that will hold itself for awhile.
#38RemakeMePosted 3/25/2014 7:06:46 PM
MOATS7798 posted...

Flop? This situation is different It caught up despite being 500 dollars more and released a year later and has now surpassed 360(because it's a superior game machine in terms of hardware). While this is totally different situation while they were both released a week apart and the ONE cost more AND is less powerful. The disparity in games will be bigger between the two in the coming years. Yea.... One is not gonna "finally catchup" to the PS4 the margin will only get bigger imo. Even if the ONE sales are good, i bet they are not happy with 2nd place. In fact i bet they are not happy with whatever sales Titanfall has given in both the game itself and system sales. It effeminately did not meet expectations for anyone at Microsoft. When Tomb Raider sold 4 million and was a disappointment, you think whatever Titanfall was estimated to sale out is less than that? Not only that but all the money that went to advertising and buying exclusive rights for it was not cheap.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#39duericPosted 3/25/2014 7:12:56 PM
RemakeMe posted...
MOATS7798 posted...

Flop? This situation is different It caught up despite being 500 dollars more and released a year later and has now surpassed 360(because it's a superior game machine in terms of hardware). While this is totally different situation while they were both released a week apart and the ONE cost more AND is less powerful. The disparity in games will be bigger between the two in the coming years. Yea.... One is not gonna "finally catchup" to the PS4 the margin will only get bigger imo. Even if the ONE sales are good, i bet they are not happy with 2nd place. In fact i bet they are not happy with whatever sales Titanfall has given in both the game itself and system sales. It effeminately did not meet expectations for anyone at Microsoft. When Tomb Raider sold 4 million and was a disappointment, you think whatever Titanfall was estimated to sale out is less than that? Not only that but all the money that went to advertising and buying exclusive rights for it was not cheap.

Believe me when I say this. "Place" isn't a priority to either company behind the scenes.

They're not thinking, "How do we beat company X?" They're thinking, "How do we get these things in people's houses?"

The internet is the only place where console wars exist on a grand scale. South Park is satire, my man.
---
#40RemakeMePosted 3/25/2014 7:24:24 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
RemakeMe posted...
MOATS7798 posted...

Believe me when I say this. "Place" isn't a priority to either company behind the scenes.

They're not thinking, "How do we beat company X?" They're thinking, "How do we get these things in people's houses?"

The internet is the only place where console wars exist on a grand scale. South Park is satire, my man.

Ofcourse they want the console in peoples houses but you really think Microsoft is thinking? "2nd place? I'm okay with that" And not at all salty that Sony is beating them? They are more likely thinking "how do we get this console in peoples houses instead of Sony's?" This is a competition. Ofcoarse they want to sell the console over the competitors. Being first also coincided with doing well. This is how big business work. All that talk you hear is PR....naturally in a perfect world both consoles would sell 100mil each but that's not likely at all.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"