Titanfall Didn't Save Microsoft's Xbox One

#51LostOdyssey17Posted 3/25/2014 7:56:33 PM
Kangkoopa713 posted...
werkz_destroyz posted...
Must be a boring day in the crappy 713 area.

lol honestly i couldn't tell you about the 713 area cause the 713 in my name is not my zip code the number stand for something else more personal but hey what ever help you sleep at night

So obvious a troll topic when TC defends himself 3 comments in.

Case closed.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#52Cowboy082288Posted 3/25/2014 7:59:25 PM
I was unaware that X1 needed saving. Seems to be selling fine.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#53necro00Posted 3/25/2014 8:02:15 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...

So great it needs a Wal Mart Rollback, things selling great dont need sales cuts. Esp months into release.
#54Cowboy082288Posted 3/25/2014 8:04:55 PM
Bottom line, it has sold faster than the X360. But hey keep buying into the 'game industry is collapsing' narrative........... that gets pushed all the time on GFaQs.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#55josh924Posted 3/25/2014 8:06:05 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
josh924 posted...
OMGWYATT posted...
josh924 posted...
Kangkoopa713 posted...
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/25/titanfall-didnt-save-microsofts-xbox-one.aspx
If you're questioning a "source" because of it's name, it suggests you can't refute it, most likely because it's true.

By that logic, a site called truexboxfan.com can have an article that says "Infamous: SS is a mega flop" and it would be irrefutable, right? You know, since in that case, TrueXboxFan would just be a name.

My point is that if your sole argument is the source, even if what the source saying is true, the name of the source doesn't matter. Is probably a better way of putting it.

You can understand that "fool.com" doesn't exactly scream "reliable", right?

In any case, I've already pointed out what I found wrong with the article.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#56TheSpectrePosted 3/25/2014 8:22:48 PM
xbox defense force is scrambling
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#57scoobydoobydontPosted 3/25/2014 8:27:46 PM
People defending fool.com realize that's just an editorial from someone in the financial analyst arena, right? This guy is no more credible than a Forbes or Yahoo "contributor", or even an actual analyst like Pachter, right? People who talk investing for a living are usually uninformed schmucks who haven't actually succeeded at investing and are stuck churning out as much chatter as they can for peanuts while looking on in envy at actual investors who actually, you know, have succeeded? TMF, btw, does not own MS stock. Someone at TMF owns stock. People at TMF probably own a little stock from every non-toxic company on the ticker. It in no way strengthens the analysis.

necro00 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

So great it needs a Wal Mart Rollback, things selling great dont need sales cuts. Esp months into release.

It doesn't need those things, those things just help it do even better. Selling worse than PS4 is not the same as selling bad. MS priced it to get maximum profit at launch to take advantage of the early adopter types, that doesn't obligate them to stay at that level once the early adopter demand has been satisfied just to prove to fanboys they are doing well.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#58necro00Posted 3/25/2014 8:30:11 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
People defending fool.com realize that's just an editorial from someone in the financial analyst arena, right? This guy is no more credible than a Forbes or Yahoo "contributor", or even an actual analyst like Pachter, right? People who talk investing for a living are usually uninformed schmucks who haven't actually succeeded at investing and are stuck churning out as much chatter as they can for peanuts while looking on in envy at actual investors who actually, you know, have succeeded? TMF, btw, does not own MS stock. Someone at TMF owns stock. People at TMF probably own a little stock from every non-toxic company on the ticker. It in no way strengthens the analysis.

necro00 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

It doesn't need those things, those things just help it do even better. Selling worse than PS4 is not the same as selling bad. MS priced it to get maximum profit at launch to take advantage of the early adopter types, that doesn't obligate them to stay at that level once the early adopter demand has been satisfied just to prove to fanboys they are doing well.

I like the xbox brand, but the less power, higher price point and focus on tv and kinect, which isn't being utilized and probably wont be past kinect rivals and some other games like that soured me. If a huge flagship title like Titanfall doesn't even use the kinect for anything at all its kind of telling.
#59SorbetowulfPosted 3/25/2014 8:37:32 PM
xfri123 posted...
Of course xbone fanboys naive only think this game will save the bone.

It boosted sales of the console that doesn't need saving. Good enough. Can it be my turn for terrible grammar now?

Making declarations of what needs to happen to save a console makes a lot of sense fanboys of a console that just laid off its own development teams. Whee! Notice how PS4 people get more and more insecure?
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#60SorbetowulfPosted 3/25/2014 8:39:39 PM
necro00 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...

necro00 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

I like the xbox brand, but the less power, higher price point and focus on tv and kinect, which isn't being utilized and probably wont be past kinect rivals and some other games like that soured me. If a huge flagship title like Titanfall doesn't even use the kinect for anything at all its kind of telling.

What exactly Kinect integration is going to happen in a FPS mech parkour shooter? Should I be hurdling over my couch? Should the Kinect register me jetpacking onto the back of a titan? Wait... wait. I got it. Whenever I want to melee sneak kill my enemy, I must snap my cat's neck in front of the sensor. Sold!
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S