Walmart- Xbox One now on rollback!

#11AlexanaxelaPosted 3/25/2014 8:27:26 PM
Walmart has decided to offer this product to you at a price well below the manufacturer's minimum retail price. Because of this, the manufacturer requires that you take a couple additional steps before you can see this special low price.

Just click Add to Cart and then either sign in to your Walmart.com account or proceed to checkout to reveal the price. Don't worry you can remove this item from your cart or cancel the checkout process at any time, if you change your mind.

holy hell i hate this stupid crap
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
#12plus1zeroPosted 3/25/2014 9:04:52 PM
Microsoft can afford to put their console on sale. They've seen a pretty big surge in both marketing and have gotten a lot of press with these drops. They have billions and billions of dollars. And unless someone literally brings something overnight that can replace TONS of offices, schools, and countless other entities, they've got billions in the foreseeable future. They're not even trying to turn a profit with the console division as much as bring in potential customers.

Sony, on the other hand, can't afford to be losing money.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#13necro00Posted 3/25/2014 9:06:49 PM
plus1zero posted...
Microsoft can afford to put their console on sale. They've seen a pretty big surge in both marketing and have gotten a lot of press with these drops. They have billions and billions of dollars. And unless someone literally brings something overnight that can replace TONS of offices, schools, and countless other entities, they've got billions in the foreseeable future. They're not even trying to turn a profit with the console division as much as bring in potential customers.

Sony, on the other hand, can't afford to be losing money.

just because they have billions, doesn't mean they want to keep pumping it into something thats not profitable. Billionaires dont get rich by throwing money away.
#14TwoNumbThumbsPosted 3/25/2014 9:13:22 PM
Dont forget, microsoft has an army of overpaid execs.
I wouldn't think they have 'billions'..
---
Argo **** yourself
#15youngskillzPosted 3/25/2014 9:32:33 PM
if they were serious they'd drop it to 399.

but i guess it technically already is since you get a digital game.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#16CRASS5000Posted 3/25/2014 9:54:58 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
Walmart has decided to offer this product to you at a price well below the manufacturer's minimum retail price. Because of this, the manufacturer requires that you take a couple additional steps before you can see this special low price.

Just click Add to Cart and then either sign in to your Walmart.com account or proceed to checkout to reveal the price. Don't worry you can remove this item from your cart or cancel the checkout process at any time, if you change your mind.

holy hell i hate this stupid crap

I hit "continue as guest" and it showed me the price...
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#17CaIiber345Posted 3/25/2014 9:59:57 PM
a687947 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
They probably don't have any PS4's in stock to do so.

every store i was at today had plenty, including walmart

And every store in the area I live and shop in has no PS4's in stock and they sell out as soon as they get them, but they have plenty of Xbox One consoles just languishing there.

Someone else will counter this with the opposite observation. So the entire point of what console can be found in stock where is moot.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#18necro00Posted 3/25/2014 10:01:45 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
a687947 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
They probably don't have any PS4's in stock to do so.

every store i was at today had plenty, including walmart

And every store in the area I live and shop in has no PS4's in stock and they sell out as soon as they get them, but they have plenty of Xbox One consoles just languishing there.

Someone else will counter this with the opposite observation. So the entire point of what console can be found in stock where is moot.

I've owned both systems. And the PS4 hasn't been in stock until this week. This week every Gamestop in the area has the PS4 in stock. The last months they haven't. Every store has had ones in stock though. Not trying to start things just stating facts
#19xacebopPosted 3/25/2014 10:24:25 PM
It might be tempting if it wasn't Titanfall. If a digital game is included it should just be ms store money to buy whatever game or Xbox live or whatever.

Now that would tempt me to buy.
#20TheBorderColliePosted 3/25/2014 10:46:00 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So $450 is now Walmarts 24/7 price on the Xbox One.

Fastest price drop in history if I'm correct, biggest also..

10% off and a free $60 game.

Actually, the PS3 had a sale at Walmart almost exactly like it not long after it launched, too.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)