Just popped in some battlefront...... God I hope the new one is good.

#1Homie_202Posted 3/26/2014 12:36:35 AM
I just played about an hour or 2 of battlefront 2. I must say that game is still amazing. I am not nearly as good at it as I used to be but I still had a ton of fun with it. I really hope the new one is good. My biggest fear for the new on is that they are not going to include a bot mode. I was worried about them not having a 3rd person but they already said they are going to. But to me that's one thing I always loved about battlefront was playing with one or two of my friends and just crushing bots. I really hope they don't mess this game up. Also they better have a party system but since it's made by dice I doubt they will.
#2Jedi454Posted 3/26/2014 12:39:56 AM
Battlefront 2? C'mon bro, the first one ftw. Hopefully it's like Battlefield 4 with the destructible environments and stuff like that, but has the option to play as First person and third person of course.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#3Tyronelio1Posted 3/26/2014 12:50:34 AM
Nah the one I the psp was the best, the first time I flew out of my cruiser in my tie fighter to hearing that they need help on the ground and being able to fly down there and get out and play on foot.

It literally blew my mind and made me sad it never came to last gen.

But I hope this one is good even though its dice and battlefield 4 and 3 weren't too good.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#4Jedi454Posted 3/26/2014 12:53:17 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Nah the one I the psp was the best, the first time I flew out of my cruiser in my tie fighter to hearing that they need help on the ground and being able to fly down there and get out and play on foot.

But I hope this one is good even though its dice and battlefield 4 and 3 weren't too good.

Wasn't that called Battlefront Renegade and wasn't it treated as sort've a sequel as well?
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#5aszsithPosted 3/26/2014 12:57:21 AM
I want the one that Free Radical was making....

Every time I see one of these topics it makes me want that one more and then I get sad.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#6Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 12:59:13 AM
Yea destructible environments would be cool but I am more hoping they just have bots. Also like I said they said there is both 3rd and 1st person camera angles. I love the first battlefront as I think it has WAY better maps but I prefer the second overall. I tried to get into the PSP one but never could it just never felt natural playing with one analog stick. But on my ps2 I had probably easily over 1000 hours and all the weapons and upgrades unlocked and I remember my KD was like well over 15 if not way higher. But them my file got corrupt so I got it on xbox and now I have nothing unlocked because I haven't played it a lot. My one main hope for that game is bots. I feel like it needs them.
#7a687947Posted 3/26/2014 12:59:35 AM
DICE is competent enough to make a truly unique and amazing battlefront. They just need to focus more on QA in future games, Battlefront will be good, just maybe not at launch lol
#8Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 1:00:39 AM
aszsith posted...
I want the one that Free Radical was making....

Every time I see one of these topics it makes me want that one more and then I get sad.

Yea I want that one as well. I don't get why they never released it. Well I know why but I don't get why they didn't give it to another team or fix up what they had and just release it.
#9Tyronelio1Posted 3/26/2014 1:01:00 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Wasn't that called Battlefront Renegade and wasn't it treated as sort've a sequel as well?

Yeah I think it was renegade squadron 2, and they both actually have pretty good original stories too.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#10Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 1:01:29 AM
a687947 posted...
DICE is competent enough to make a truly unique and amazing battlefront. They just need to focus more on QA in future games, Battlefront will be good, just maybe not at launch lol

I think they can do it. I like dice as a company but just not many of their games have bots in them.