Just popped in some battlefront...... God I hope the new one is good.

#31TwinmoldPosted 3/26/2014 6:40:06 AM
The best thing the new Battlefront games could do is to ignore everything about the old games. Take out the hero's. Fix the terrible pulled back 3rd person camera. Fix the slow as molasses lasers that required the game's ridiculous autoaim to place properly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#32richboy900Posted 3/26/2014 6:55:26 AM
Twinmold posted...
The best thing the new Battlefront games could do is to ignore everything about the old games. Take out the hero's. Fix the terrible pulled back 3rd person camera. Fix the slow as molasses lasers that required the game's ridiculous autoaim to place properly.

Why, the heroes made it great. Third person wasn't that bad, I actually like it rather than first person like every other shooters are these days.

You know in battlefront 1 and 2, you could change it to first person right? It would be like early ghost recon games though where you can't see the gun, just hud only.
#33MRL3G3NDPosted 3/26/2014 7:16:51 AM
I don't see how they could possibly screw it up

Star Wars license
Dice
Frostbite 2
developed entirely for next gen
pshhh
They could clone BF4, and put a Star Wars skin on it and I'd still be camped out launch night
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#34TwinmoldPosted 3/26/2014 7:45:46 AM
Why, the heroes made it great.

Heros are exactly everything battlefront claimed not to be. In a world filled with games about Jedi, Battlefront was the one game without them. Until Battlefront 2 came out. Then it was the only game without them for about 2 minutes until someone got a killstreak, and then it was back to playing another boring Jedi game.

Third person wasn't that bad, I actually like it rather than first person like every other shooters are these days.

Third person can be good, unless of course you handle it the way the Battlefront games did. Most 3rd person shooting games use the 3/4 view of your character, zooming in the camera, and putting your character in a bottom corner for reference, giving you a better view of your character, while also giving you a closer view for more precise aiming. Battlefront did none of these. Your character was in the middle, which meant the view had to be massively zoomed out so your reticle wasn't smack in the center of your character's back. This meant you couldn't see your character, you couldn't aim because everything was zoomed out, and your peripheral was far too large.

I can't think of a single thing the Battlefront games did right that didn't include acquiring the Star Wars license. You take away the Star Wars part, and you're left with an incredibly mediocre game that nobody would have blinked twice at.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#35Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 3/26/2014 8:12:58 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
If there's no bots and no offline game and no ability to set up my own matches and what not then its a no from me.

It has to have these things, as they were a core part of Battlefront. I don't know anyone that played Battlefront 1 or 2 online, unless it was on PC years after the game's release for Battlefront 2.

I played the crap out of both Battlefront games on Xbox Live back in the day. The first one was definitely better, but they were both fun as hell online. I'd even go as far as to say that I had more fun playing them online than I did anything last gen.

But I do agree that they better have the bots. Both online and off. Story mode (or "Conquest", I believe it was called) definitely needs to be in there too.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#36aszsithPosted 3/26/2014 8:45:10 AM
Homie_202 posted...
I was thinking of the 2 force unleashed games. Kinect Star Wars, and the clone wars game. Kinect Star Wars was the worst out of all. The clone wars game was fun though. I still play it every once in awhile.

I blocked that Kinect monstrosity from memory and didn't even know about the Clone Wars game (that apparently wasn't very good). And we all forgot that they ported Angry Birds Star Wars (which shouldn't count anyway).

In my mind there were only the Force Unleashed and Lego games.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#37Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 9:49:22 AM
Twinmold posted...
Why, the heroes made it great.

Heros are exactly everything battlefront claimed not to be. In a world filled with games about Jedi, Battlefront was the one game without them. Until Battlefront 2 came out. Then it was the only game without them for about 2 minutes until someone got a killstreak, and then it was back to playing another boring Jedi game.

Third person wasn't that bad, I actually like it rather than first person like every other shooters are these days.

Third person can be good, unless of course you handle it the way the Battlefront games did. Most 3rd person shooting games use the 3/4 view of your character, zooming in the camera, and putting your character in a bottom corner for reference, giving you a better view of your character, while also giving you a closer view for more precise aiming. Battlefront did none of these. Your character was in the middle, which meant the view had to be massively zoomed out so your reticle wasn't smack in the center of your character's back. This meant you couldn't see your character, you couldn't aim because everything was zoomed out, and your peripheral was far too large.

I can't think of a single thing the Battlefront games did right that didn't include acquiring the Star Wars license. You take away the Star Wars part, and you're left with an incredibly mediocre game that nobody would have blinked twice at.

That is all opinion. Not fact. I on the other hand disagree with all of that post. I thought playing as a hero was fun (you weren't always just a Jedi). And as for the 3rd person I think it's the best 3rd person in any game I prefer seeing more of my character then Just from the waist up like most 3rd person games. And as for the bullets going slow they need to so you can see them. It is a Star Wars game after all you know all the movies where you can see every shot that's fired. All the things you want changed would just send it down a path of being just another generic 3rd person game since you want everything changed to be like other games.

Also as for the 1st person to the person that posted not sure about the first as it has been a really long time since I played it but in the second when you play in 1st person you can see your gun. Just not when you are playing splitscreen.