Can Microsoft Not Afford to Make More Xbox One TV Commercials?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Microsoft Not Afford to Make More Xbox One TV Commercials?
2 years ago#1
I have seen the same Xbox One commercial since last November.

That would be the one with the three actors with thick European/Ukranian accents highlighting FIFA, and I think Forza and Titanfall as well. I'm not sure why they show this one in the US either. Could they also not afford to make a North American version? Yes, there was that NFL Football one I saw back in September once. But just once and then it was gone.
2 years ago#2
There is the invite one we get over here that has dead rising, titanfall, Forza and Ryse.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
2 years ago#3
"Xbox One Invitation", yeah, that's what it's called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKeptMVKlsY

It's been edited down to 30 seconds for broadcast here. I can't for the life of me understand why they are still showing this ad in the US when it totally seems geared to and for a European audience.
2 years ago#4
People still watch cable tv?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
2 years ago#5
Because its a good ad that almost shows the viewer everything the Xbox 1 is.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
2 years ago#6
Joey-Zaza posted...
People still watch cable tv?

And Network too.

I'm taking you don't follow ratings much obviously.
2 years ago#7
Tyronelio1 posted...
Because its a good ad that almost shows the viewer everything the Xbox 1 is.

No argument there, I just didn't feel it was well suited to an audience here. When everyone speaks in a European accent and you're not watching "Game of Thrones" or BBCA, it draws attention. And soccer is a very niche market here. If the goal is to market a system to new consumers, highlighting a soccer game isn't the correct route.
2 years ago#8
Nope. Ignorance is bliss.

Although I do watch The Walking Dead that's about it.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
2 years ago#9
all i've seen for the last 2 months is the "everything is better with a titan" commercial
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
2 years ago#10
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/24/technology/enterprise/microsoft-earnings/

The only make several billion in profits every year, so no they can likely afford to buy out Sony but they can't afford new commercials.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Microsoft Not Afford to Make More Xbox One TV Commercials?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived