Can Microsoft Not Afford to Make More Xbox One TV Commercials?

#1SmellThePoopPosted 3/26/2014 8:23:01 AM
I have seen the same Xbox One commercial since last November.

That would be the one with the three actors with thick European/Ukranian accents highlighting FIFA, and I think Forza and Titanfall as well. I'm not sure why they show this one in the US either. Could they also not afford to make a North American version? Yes, there was that NFL Football one I saw back in September once. But just once and then it was gone.
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/26/2014 8:24:03 AM
There is the invite one we get over here that has dead rising, titanfall, Forza and Ryse.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#3SmellThePoop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:28:30 AM
"Xbox One Invitation", yeah, that's what it's called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKeptMVKlsY

It's been edited down to 30 seconds for broadcast here. I can't for the life of me understand why they are still showing this ad in the US when it totally seems geared to and for a European audience.
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 3/26/2014 8:29:15 AM
People still watch cable tv?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#5Tyronelio1Posted 3/26/2014 8:30:55 AM
Because its a good ad that almost shows the viewer everything the Xbox 1 is.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#6SmellThePoop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:34:17 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
People still watch cable tv?

And Network too.

I'm taking you don't follow ratings much obviously.
#7SmellThePoop(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:37:38 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Because its a good ad that almost shows the viewer everything the Xbox 1 is.

No argument there, I just didn't feel it was well suited to an audience here. When everyone speaks in a European accent and you're not watching "Game of Thrones" or BBCA, it draws attention. And soccer is a very niche market here. If the goal is to market a system to new consumers, highlighting a soccer game isn't the correct route.
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 3/26/2014 8:38:56 AM
Nope. Ignorance is bliss.

Although I do watch The Walking Dead that's about it.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9AlexanaxelaPosted 3/26/2014 8:39:15 AM
all i've seen for the last 2 months is the "everything is better with a titan" commercial
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
#10a687947Posted 3/26/2014 8:47:26 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/24/technology/enterprise/microsoft-earnings/

The only make several billion in profits every year, so no they can likely afford to buy out Sony but they can't afford new commercials.