Microsoft To Issue Warnings, Penalties For Bad Xbox Live Behavior

#1Dev445Posted 3/26/2014 12:43:26 PM
by Mike Futter

Microsoft is preparing to increase the impact of its new reputation system. Soon, players who are labeled as “needs work” and “avoid me” will start getting direct feedback.

Starting this month, “needs work” players will begin to receive warnings as their reputation drops. Microsoft has been collecting community feedback on players since the launch of the console, which will be used to try and get these individuals on the right track.

For those that have dipped into the “avoid me” category, penalties will limit their ability for matchmaking and possibly result in suspension of some services. This includes Twitch broadcasting, which came to the platform earlier in March.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/26/microsoft-to-issue-warnings-penalties-for-bad-xbox-live-behavior.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2heffley19Posted 3/26/2014 12:44:14 PM
Dev445 posted...
by Mike Futter

Microsoft is preparing to increase the impact of its new reputation system. Soon, players who are labeled as “needs work” and “avoid me” will start getting direct feedback.

Starting this month, “needs work” players will begin to receive warnings as their reputation drops. Microsoft has been collecting community feedback on players since the launch of the console, which will be used to try and get these individuals on the right track.

For those that have dipped into the “avoid me” category, penalties will limit their ability for matchmaking and possibly result in suspension of some services. This includes Twitch broadcasting, which came to the platform earlier in March.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/26/microsoft-to-issue-warnings-penalties-for-bad-xbox-live-behavior.aspx

Good all those 12 year olds will get what they deserve!
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#3cabcalloway1983Posted 3/26/2014 12:45:48 PM
Whats to say sour grapes won't influence someones rating of you?I have cheating and trash talking on my 360 rep although i never do any of either.
---
9th grade drop out and i am a garbage man because my only other choice was a Gamefaqs moderator.
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 3/26/2014 12:48:00 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Whats to say sour grapes won't influence someones rating of you?I have cheating and trash talking on my 360 rep although i never do any of either.

Supposedly they will be screened and you will be protected from such things. It could work, if done properly.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#5HiddenRoarPosted 3/26/2014 12:48:31 PM
Any reason why those same 12 year olds won't mark you when you suck in a particular match teamed with them?

Plus, lol.
#6GeistPosted 3/26/2014 1:26:56 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...

If they have been actually keeping data they will be able to tell when good players get bad ratings from the bad ones and ignore it. Good players don't give bad feedback over losing.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#7axelfooley2k5Posted 3/26/2014 1:31:31 PM
i like this

cheaters and screamers can play with each other
---
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAeD1f2YnI
#8Prefect99Posted 3/26/2014 2:16:37 PM
My problem with this, from reading the article, is that NO FEEDBACK still counts as GOOD FEEDBACK. No Feedback should counts as what it is, nothing. All the people that cause the problems probably do not get enough bad feedback from people just being too lazy to leave it that the No Feedback=Good Feedback will make them look like good players still
---
Now Playing: Bravely Default (3DS), Monster Hunter (3DS/Wii U),FFX/X2(Vita), P4 Golden (Vita), Battlefield 4 (XB1), PvsZ: GW (XB 1), NHL 14 (360)
#9BloodyDove2vsPosted 3/26/2014 2:19:53 PM
watching, listening, and collecting data

always
---
"how much is your soul worth" XB1M13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#10nickr2d2Posted 3/26/2014 3:32:31 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
i like this

cheaters and screamers can play with each other

Dis.
---