You think we'll ever see digital game trading ?

#1ysauve72Posted 3/26/2014 1:32:25 PM
I mean today i just bought Thief and Tomb Raider by trading off old 360's games. I got both game for free by trading these four 360's game : GTA V, Dark Souls 2, FF13-2 and Rocksmith 2014. A pretty good deal if you ask me.

Now if i go buy digital games i'm stuck with them forever. With Tomb Raider and Thief, once i'm done with them, i can trade them back toward new games or store credit.

So my question is this, would we ever see digital trading ? Cause right now there is no point for me buying digital game.
---
PSN and Xbox ID : Kaynos72
3DS Friend Code : 1822 0548 5562
#2GeistPosted 3/26/2014 1:33:21 PM
Only if everyone in the world become completely mentally handicapped.

So yea probably...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#3SheepinatorPosted 3/26/2014 1:37:46 PM
Digital game trading was possible with the always online XB1 and MS were heading that direction, until hardcore gamers got so upset at the possibilities of things they didn't understand, they whined and moaned until MS backtracked.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/26/2014 1:38:54 PM
i don't see why not. no reason not to.
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 3/26/2014 1:42:11 PM(edited)
I keep every game I buy so it does not affect me. But Microsoft's original vision with the drm probably would have something like that. But microsoft was completely insane with the restriction of used games and telling everyone to check in every 24 hours. They can go to hell with that. That's just wrong.
---
I have two min pin dogs named Dixi and Dora.
#6Homie_202Posted 3/26/2014 1:42:49 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Digital game trading was possible with the always online XB1 and MS were heading that direction, until hardcore gamers got so upset at the possibilities of things they didn't understand, they whined and moaned until MS backtracked.

I think its funny that people think stuff like this is no longer possible. Plain and simple all it is, is MS basically is like well you don't like our anti consumer policies then we are taking our toys away. They could still EASILY do this. Same with the "sharing" (not sure why people were excited about that at all to be frank) you could just limit it to downloaded games. Literally the only thing stopping them is they want people to think all that stuff is no longer possible. And they have clearly fooled some people into believing it. It's just sad
#7regsantotomasPosted 3/26/2014 1:46:21 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I think its funny that people think stuff like this is no longer possible. Plain and simple all it is, is MS basically is like well you don't like our anti consumer policies then we are taking our toys away. They could still EASILY do this. Same with the "sharing" (not sure why people were excited about that at all to be frank) you could just limit it to downloaded games. Literally the only thing stopping them is they want people to think all that stuff is no longer possible. And they have clearly fooled some people into believing it. It's just sad

I agree to a large extent. I think that we are going to be looking at a hybrid scenario and I don't think that that is such a bad thing.

Disc based games will continue to work by requiring the discs and can't be shared. Digital purchases should work offline on the Home console. Only digitally purchased games can be shared and will likely require some regular connection (perhaps every 24 hours) for verification on all other consoles.

Digital trading obviously could be done via a digital marketplace.

No harm no foul. I'm very open to hear why this would be a bad thing.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8SheepinatorPosted 3/26/2014 1:47:43 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I think its funny that people think stuff like this is no longer possible. Plain and simple all it is, is MS basically is like well you don't like our anti consumer policies then we are taking our toys away. They could still EASILY do this. Same with the "sharing" (not sure why people were excited about that at all to be frank) you could just limit it to downloaded games.

Maybe so. At the very least, it was all delayed due to gamers whining.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/26/2014 1:48:29 PM
Sheepinator posted...

I just prefer a hard copy of my game. So 20 years from now I'm still good :)
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#10Homie_202Posted 3/26/2014 1:51:31 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I agree to a large extent. I think that we are going to be looking at a hybrid scenario and I don't think that that is such a bad thing.

Disc based games will continue to work by requiring the discs and can't be shared. Digital purchases should work offline on the Home console. Only digitally purchased games can be shared and will likely require some regular connection (perhaps every 24 hours) for verification on all other consoles.

Digital trading obviously could be done via a digital marketplace.

No harm no foul. I'm very open to hear why this would be a bad thing.

They wouldn't even need to do a check in if you buy digital. If you own it you should be able to share. And if you sell it they could easily just take the rights away from your GT allowing you and none of your friends to play the game. You would have to be connected to the internet anyway to sell the game. This stuff really isn't difficult to do.