You think we'll ever see digital game trading ?

#11Homie_202Posted 3/26/2014 1:52:49 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Digital game trading was possible with the always online XB1 and MS were heading that direction, until hardcore gamers got so upset at the possibilities of things they didn't understand, they whined and moaned until MS backtracked.

I think its funny that people think stuff like this is no longer possible. Plain and simple all it is, is MS basically is like well you don't like our anti consumer policies then we are taking our toys away. They could still EASILY do this. Same with the "sharing" (not sure why people were excited about that at all to be frank) you could just limit it to downloaded games.

Maybe so. At the very least, it was all delayed due to gamers whining.

And rightfully so anybody in the world who thinks the DRM policies were good is just trying to fool themselves.
#12regsantotomasPosted 3/26/2014 1:57:01 PM
Homie_202 posted...

They wouldn't even need to do a check in if you buy digital. If you own it you should be able to share. And if you sell it they could easily just take the rights away from your GT allowing you and none of your friends to play the game. You would have to be connected to the internet anyway to sell the game. This stuff really isn't difficult to do.

By check-in, I mean for individuals using that game and I would assume that this would still be a finite amount. For example, I wouldn't be able to share my entire library simultaneously with 100 people.

I think that there is a reasonable compromise here with regards to digital sharing flexibility. Obviously, games you own and buy would work offline on the home console the way it does now.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#13Homie_202Posted 3/26/2014 2:04:57 PM
Again though they would need to do an online check in. It would work similar to the way it was supposed to. You pick 10 friends you want to share games with. They can play those games whenever they want as long as they are online. And let's say for example you are on my friends list hand you have been playing tomb raider because I own it. I decide to sell it I would have to go online to sell it and it would take my rights away to play that game right there and then. Then the next time you go to play since you would be connected to the internet to access your friends list and the game would no longer be listed.

But I don't think a selling mechanic will ever really be implemented. The reason it works for physical games is because you can resell them to other people making more money. With digital you are only losing money. Because you can't resell a digital copy of a game.
#14regsantotomasPosted 3/26/2014 2:10:36 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Again though they would need to do an online check in. It would work similar to the way it was supposed to. You pick 10 friends you want to share games with. They can play those games whenever they want as long as they are online. And let's say for example you are on my friends list hand you have been playing tomb raider because I own it. I decide to sell it I would have to go online to sell it and it would take my rights away to play that game right there and then. Then the next time you go to play since you would be connected to the internet to access your friends list and the game would no longer be listed.

I don't think we are disagreeing here.

But I don't think a selling mechanic will ever really be implemented. The reason it works for physical games is because you can resell them to other people making more money. With digital you are only losing money. Because you can't resell a digital copy of a game.

I think that the best we would see is Microsoft offering to give you credit for games you have purchased if you surrender the license.

Microsoft should also a digital license transfer to anyone that would be available once per title.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#15enviidisnuccaPosted 3/26/2014 2:18:01 PM
I think it's still there just nobody is using it right now Iam Iam sharing all my digital games I bought with my brother and he sharing all his games he bought digital we basically only paying for half for all the games
#16SheepinatorPosted 3/26/2014 2:19:56 PM
enviidisnucca posted...
I think it's still there just nobody is using it right now Iam Iam sharing all my digital games I bought with my brother and he sharing all his games he bought digital we basically only paying for half for all the games

That involves either visiting each others consoles, probably inconvenient, or sharing accounts, which is against TOU.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#17CaIiber345Posted 3/26/2014 2:28:54 PM
I hope not.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny