Retailers cuts Xbox One down to 439

#31Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 3/27/2014 8:25:14 AM
The Wii U was below 100k a month in the US(NPD is pretty much the only place we get actual monthly numbers on the norm that are trusted and then you get the reports by the companies every now and then)) after November and December when it launched. X1 was like 260k in February with a higher price tag. The only month it had that was under 200k was January.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#32PokemonYoutubePosted 3/27/2014 8:58:48 AM
They must really want to free up all that shelf space the dozens of unsold Bones are taking up.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#33KolanifvPosted 3/27/2014 9:20:51 AM
Enigma149 posted...
My guess? All those "sales" were really shipments, and now retailers can't get rid of 'em.

Microsoft's reported sales are always units shipped, so you may not be far off.
#34PokemonYoutubePosted 3/27/2014 9:25:01 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Enigma149 posted...
My guess? All those "sales" were really shipments, and now retailers can't get rid of 'em.

Microsoft's reported sales are always units shipped, so you may not be far off.

Units shipped are sales for Microsoft. After that, it's no longer Microsoft's problem but the retailers' problem.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#35JohnWall32Posted 3/27/2014 10:27:57 AM
lol shocking
---
Board User Level: Legend
#36BigBOO2UPosted 3/27/2014 2:07:26 PM
So are the figures from the NPD for Microsoft units shipped to retailers or units sold at retailers?
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#37KolanifvPosted 3/30/2014 6:22:11 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
So are the figures from the NPD for Microsoft units shipped to retailers or units sold at retailers?

NPD is based on reported sales from retailers that provide that figure to NPD Group + guesses from non-participating retailers. They estimate Costco, Sam's Club and Toys R Us sales, I know. If there's a press release from Microsoft about units sold, that's ALWAYS units shipped to retail.
#38Miiri0Posted 3/30/2014 7:17:21 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
And yet they're slashing their prices faster than Nintendo.

They can afford to cut the price since xbone use inferior hardware compare to ps4. Xbone should be a lot cheaper than ps4.
#39BushidoEffect3Posted 3/30/2014 7:30:01 AM
Still not 399 lol.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
FO3>NV. Opinion. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#40Laylow12Posted 3/30/2014 12:26:46 PM
Kolanifv posted...
BigBOO2U posted...

NPD is based on reported sales from retailers that provide that figure to NPD Group + guesses from non-participating retailers. They estimate Costco, Sam's Club and Toys R Us sales, I know. If there's a press release from Microsoft about units sold, that's ALWAYS units shipped to retail.

That's some shady stuff but then again its Microsoft and they've been shady since before the reveal last year with the cloud PR promise of every XBOX ONE being as the equivalent of four XBOX ONES with the cloud. No wonder they're in so much trouble.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin