"There is not enough content in Titanfall."

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/26/2014 1:56:57 PM(edited)
What do you think? - Results (136 votes)
A) There isn't enough content. They could have added more unique options to keep things interesting.
82.35% (112 votes)
B) We don't need more content. More "options" would simply have been re-skinned content of what we have.
17.65% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I feel like CoD is a good reference point, since that's where Respawn's roots are and it too is a twitch shooter. In previous CoD games, we'd get plenty of options, but the balancing would be all over the place. Since all guns use arcade physics instead of real-life characteristics, guns vary by very few details (like range damage, total TTK, recoil, etc). Though given various options, CoD games eventually boil down to 6 or fewer guns being used by the majority of the playerbase.

But, just because that was a fact about CoD doesn't mean TF would have faced the same issue. We certainly know content diversity is possible thanks to the BF series and its vast array of everything.

EDIT: (Option B) ...of what we already have.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#2JonnyBigBossPosted 3/26/2014 1:56:37 PM
It's a great game, and at the very least it aces what's most important: gameplay and presentation.

Unfortunately, the content is definitely light. We need a patch or two!
---
I play PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, and 3DS
Be a fan of games, not corporations.
#3BTM4444Posted 3/26/2014 1:59:35 PM
I think there's enough content in the game. Anymore stuff like guns and titans would have led to more balancing issues.

Also more content is coming in free updates and dlc.

I don't understand how people get upset at the amount of content in titanfall and think that new rip off metal gear solid game is fine.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 3/26/2014 2:02:09 PM
It's missing the only content that matters, SP, so yeah, there isn't enough content.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#5ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/26/2014 2:02:45 PM
I feel like there's definitely "enough", but I wouldn't turn down more. Apparently there are new free game modes on the way:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Titanfall-DLC-Modes-Will-Be-Free-Double-XP-Weekends-Coming-Soon-434092.shtml
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#6ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 2:04:48 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
I feel like there's definitely "enough", but I wouldn't turn down more. Apparently there are new free game modes on the way:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Titanfall-DLC-Modes-Will-Be-Free-Double-XP-Weekends-Coming-Soon-434092.shtml

Well, I'm glad they'd keep new modes free. It would be ridiculous to charge for modes when the game definitely lacked mode variety to begin with. I'm not expecting free DLC after that, though.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#7VeryDarkSoulPosted 3/26/2014 2:10:00 PM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
It's a great game, and at the very least it aces what's most important: gameplay and presentation.

Unfortunately, the content is definitely light. We need a patch or two!

HAHAHA
yes
you will get more content
but guess what?
YOU WILL PAY FOR IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg
---
Ron Paul 2012
#8spacejamjordanzPosted 3/26/2014 2:10:40 PM
BTM4444 posted...
I think there's enough content in the game. Anymore stuff like guns and titans would have led to more balancing issues.

I don't understand how people get upset at the amount of content in titanfall and think that new rip off metal gear solid game is fine.

I enjoy TF just as much as the next guy, but that is a terrible defense. The fear of balancing issues doesn't justify being light on content. It's not unreasonable to want more customization options and more weapons.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#9stargazer1981Posted 3/26/2014 2:13:12 PM
I don't want game modes that are simply a novelty that nobody is gonna play a couple months from now. Attrition and Hardpoint are all I need. With new maps, and maybe some new guns and equipment, that don't hurt the balancing, I'd be happy.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#10BTM4444Posted 3/26/2014 2:16:00 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
BTM4444 posted...

I enjoy TF just as much as the next guy, but that is a terrible defense. The fear of balancing issues doesn't justify being light on content. It's not unreasonable to want more customization options and more weapons.

Whether u think it's an excuse or not, Its a reasonable defense and it was also one of respawn a issues too on why we aren't getting anymore Titan options.

I'd much rather have the light content now than 50 titans and weapons to choose from.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!