Xbox One Reputation System Unveiled by Microsoft

#1skermacPosted 3/26/2014 5:00:26 PM
I cant wait to see what this does to most gamers.

"Microsoft has revealed its plans for Xbox One's reputation system, alongside detailing how those who commit repeat infractions will be penalised.

A post on Xbox Wire explains that while players will only be warned at first about bad behaviour including griefing or foul language, this will quickly escalate if they don't change.

As detailed previously, anyone whose personal rating drops too low will find themselves repeatedly paired with gamers who have a similar status. Other privileges will also be revoked, including the ability to use Twitch functionality and broadcast.

A coloured band on your profile will clearly inform others of your status, with full green gauges indicating a positive reputation, while yellow and orange bands suggesting improvement is needed, and a red band warning others to "avoid" you.

Microsoft plans to start doling out the first round of warnings this month, though the company is keen to reassure everyone that the system can't be gamed by others trying to punish you for no reason, as only sustained negative actions will invoke penalties. Having said that, if you know your behaviour isn't as good as it should be, you may want to try and rectify that sharpish before you get unceremoniously shunted into the "needs work" category.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/xbox-one-reputation-system-unveiled-by-microsoft
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Apex-PlayerPosted 3/26/2014 5:03:30 PM
Don't swear and you won't get reported.
Don't t-bag and you won't get reported.
Don't win and you won't get reported.
Don't play MP and you won't get reported.

I see no problems arising from this, segregation is always acceptable...Right?
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#3BSerenityPosted 3/26/2014 5:04:51 PM
Abuse inbound.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#4duericPosted 3/26/2014 5:06:22 PM
Honestly, I think this is juts smoke and mirrors.

How can they possibly weed out "false positives" from people just being better than others at certain games?

Considering all the kids on Live, this is going to be a nightmare for MS if they try and stick with it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:07:55 PM
dueric posted...
Honestly, I think this is juts smoke and mirrors.

How can they possibly weed out "false positives" from people just being better than others at certain games?

Considering all the kids on Live, this is going to be a nightmare for MS if they try and stick with it.

That's why I cant wait to see what happens when the kids cry and whine and revolt.
---
#6duericPosted 3/26/2014 5:14:06 PM
skermac posted...

That's why I cant wait to see what happens when the kids cry and whine and revolt.

Well, they will have some sort of "abuse policy". Still, that won't stop some things from getting through the cracks.

It's going to be interesting to say the least. Especially if it becomes more than PR.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7BSerenityPosted 3/26/2014 5:14:38 PM
They are not going to restrict access to Live or services based off of user reports. That would just lead to more issues.
---
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:17:00 PM
BSerenity posted...
They are not going to restrict access to Live or services based off of user reports. That would just lead to more issues.

No they won't, but like they said, when personal ratings drop too low people will find themselves repeatedly paired with gamers who have a similar status.
---
#9pjnelsonPosted 3/26/2014 5:23:46 PM
I don't expect it to be any better than the previous crappy rating system. On 360 I had 3/5 stars simply because that's default and it can't go up if you don't do much multiplayer. Virtually anybody playing much online had 5/5 no matter how awful their behavior.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#10BSerenityPosted 3/26/2014 5:24:01 PM
There was an article floating on this board that had a quote in it saying that your Live access and Twitch streaming can certainly be limited by this. I very much doubt they will tho.
---