Xbox One Reputation System Unveiled by Microsoft

#31avanentPosted 3/26/2014 8:37:13 PM
universaldave posted...
Why don't they just give players the option to avoid who they want to avoid? Like on forums where you can "ignore" other users. This way if you think someone is a douche you "ignore" them--and it would mean that you will never be matched up with them in any games, and no correspondence can be sent between you. It's good for the person who is genuinely offended and it won't lead to anyone being labeled in front of the rest of the community--and then punished by MS.

Excuse me, we can't be having any of your good ideas here. You may leave.

Can you believe this guy? Coming up with ideas that fix the issue without creating new ones? Nonsense, what would we do for our paychecks if we weren't constantly doing damage control on our policies?
#32WartPig_Posted 3/26/2014 8:45:29 PM
as im still on the fence about wich to get (leaning ps4 but was starting to think X1) this is a huge turn off as ive seen this screw innocent people. but hey MS like to punish whole communites for the actions of a very very small minority (pirates hackers and their dream of intrusive DRM). alot of devs were no better last gen with online passes. made me feel like a criminal and guilty before proven inoccent even though i buy new.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#33da_StoOgePosted 3/26/2014 8:46:50 PM
So let's say there's only 500 people online for a certain XBLA title. Half of them have perfect rep, the other half are in the lowest category.

Does that mean you spend twice as long looking for matches now because you can't join games with half the community?

What if you need five people in a lobby to start the game and there's only four from your category available, do they throw one random in from the other category or do you just wait around?

This is why the rep system never worked on the 360. It's only games like CoD and Halo that have communities large enough for you to avoid a huge portion of them.
Even then game types like Large Team Objectives in Halo 3 only had a few hundred people playing at the games peak.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#34WartPig_Posted 3/26/2014 8:48:09 PM
avanent posted...
universaldave posted...
Why don't they just give players the option to avoid who they want to avoid? Like on forums where you can "ignore" other users. This way if you think someone is a douche you "ignore" them--and it would mean that you will never be matched up with them in any games, and no correspondence can be sent between you. It's good for the person who is genuinely offended and it won't lead to anyone being labeled in front of the rest of the community--and then punished by MS.

Excuse me, we can't be having any of your good ideas here. You may leave.

Can you believe this guy? Coming up with ideas that fix the issue without creating new ones? Nonsense, what would we do for our paychecks if we weren't constantly doing damage control on our policies?

thats how the 360 was suppose to work and how they "sold" that policy at launch. it didnt work. it would still match you with avoided players. gamefaqs has a better system than MS
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"