It's a great time to be a gamer...

#1teeebzPosted 3/26/2014 6:02:38 PM
Been mixing it up between Titanfall and Infamous and I'm having a blast.

Then it'll be Halo and Uncharted...which will be great

Sooner or later a new Gears of War and God Of War will be released... Adding to the awesomeness.

I love my all my plastic electronics that can play games... No matter the brand

Sorry this isn't another thread about statistics, 1080p, why Titanfall is, or isn't worth it, or whether Infamous is, or isn't a let down.

I don't expect this thread to get many replies either since well, the focus is filled with positive happiness...

I enjoy games. It's a hobby.

I'll wait to see the #blogfaqs and #reassurancetopic (since anything positive is always reassurance lol. Kids these days)

Anyone else enjoy video games?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#2CaIiber345Posted 3/26/2014 6:05:05 PM
I'm about to play Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I paid $3 for it. I am aware of its poor reception. I should do a "They Hated It, I'm Playin' It" thread.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#3Jedi454Posted 3/26/2014 6:12:16 PM
I agree with you, friend. Gaming is going to really take off soon. I'm looking waiting for another trailer for Wolfenstein, then I will probably get that if i'm impressed enough.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#4teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 6:27:07 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I agree with you, friend. Gaming is going to really take off soon. I'm looking waiting for another trailer for Wolfenstein, then I will probably get that if i'm impressed enough.

Haven't looked into wolfenstein much. Hopefully it's good
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#5HeracylostPosted 3/26/2014 6:41:59 PM
It's a horrible time to be a gamer. Flooded games with DLC and impending DRM nonsense. Systems are unreliable at best. Ideas and games constantly rehashed and redone to death. Birth of the FPS generation, the paywall generation.

Glory days of gaming have come and gone years ago. It started with the NES and ended with the PS2. Been great games since the PS2, ofcourse.

Glorious, no.
#6MonicasBackPosted 3/26/2014 6:43:00 PM
Bad if you are a poor budget gamer, amazing if you are a hobbyist gamer though.
---
Monicaaa
#7teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 6:58:20 PM
Heracylost posted...
It's a horrible time to be a gamer. Flooded games with DLC and impending DRM nonsense. Systems are unreliable at best. Ideas and games constantly rehashed and redone to death. Birth of the FPS generation, the paywall generation.

Glory days of gaming have come and gone years ago. It started with the NES and ended with the PS2. Been great games since the PS2, ofcourse.

Glorious, no.

DLC isn't mandatory, it's added gameplay if you'd like to purchase it
Where will there be DRM?
Every system as far back as you can think of didn't have a 100 percent perfect system rate. When manufacturing something, there is bound to be mess ups
Many games "rehashed" are still fun. Just because there is a part 2, or 3, etc. doesn't make the game bad...
I enjoy FPS
I don't know why you'd buy an xbox without planning on buying live. I guess that's just me though so paywall (for me) isn't an issue
I agree though, many of my absolute favorite systems were from previous generations

Still, great time to be a gamer IMO
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#8HeracylostPosted 3/26/2014 7:06:44 PM
Like me I don't play online unless it's PC, no paywall.
And rehashes are the same mechanics as Devil may Cry. COD, and countless others. The imagination is gone. It the same game over and over with different sprites.

There are good ones, but the majority are over budget movies with some game elements. Rock bottom has hit on JRPGs, they are now nearly unplayabe. Just horrible games, including everything from SE.
#9VoelgerPosted 3/26/2014 7:07:59 PM
I agree, I'm about to start ether one on steam streaming to m nvidia shield in bed- great time to be a gamer
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.3.2
#10teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 7:09:21 PM
Heracylost posted...
Like me I don't play online unless it's PC, no paywall.
And rehashes are the same mechanics as Devil may Cry. COD, and countless others. The imagination is gone. It the same game over and over with different sprites.

There are good ones, but the majority are over budget movies with some game elements. Rock bottom has hit on JRPGs, they are now nearly unplayabe. Just horrible games, including everything from SE.

Yea, the last FF game I actually played and beat was FFX. I also don't have as much time anymore either, but still.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83