It's a great time to be a gamer...

#31PsychoDrama1Posted 3/27/2014 10:09:00 AM
I realize that it's tough to be on this board all the time and see constant negativity, so props for trying to stay positive. However, you set yourself up for negativity when you use 'lol' trying to mock people who may have valid criticisms. Essentially what you've done is bait people who might have a different opinion and then protect yourself by saying inb4reassurance,etc...it can get a little annoying when you enter a discussion topic and everybody is only leaning towards one side of discussion, and then when you post something critical, you are immediately put into a generalized group created by other posters.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#32Juzten76Posted 3/27/2014 11:29:09 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Bad if you are a poor budget gamer, amazing if you are a hobbyist gamer though.

Really? Because I've been buying up great games left and right for $5 on the 360 marketplace. It's a great time to be a poor gamer.
#33teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 5:18:34 AM
Juzten76 posted...
MonicasBack posted...
Bad if you are a poor budget gamer, amazing if you are a hobbyist gamer though.

Really? Because I've been buying up great games left and right for $5 on the 360 marketplace. It's a great time to be a poor gamer.

I believe he meant in order to own all systems for the most part. Then, there's games for each system.
On the other hand there are plenty of games to buy on either the marketplace or psn (although personally, I'm not much into indie games unless it's really awesome.)
I was talking more AAA titles we can expect from companies in the future.

But yea, great time to be a gamer.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#3495_EclipsePosted 3/28/2014 8:50:03 AM
Heracylost posted...
It's a horrible time to be a gamer. Flooded games with DLC and impending DRM nonsense. Systems are unreliable at best. Ideas and games constantly rehashed and redone to death. Birth of the FPS generation, the paywall generation.

Glory days of gaming have come and gone years ago. It started with the NES and ended with the PS2. Been great games since the PS2, ofcourse.

Glorious, no.

Careful with so much truth.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#3595_EclipsePosted 3/28/2014 8:59:49 AM
HellsController posted...
It's actually a pretty terrible time to be a gamer. Cut content, day one dlc and patches, online only(even for single player games) day one patches that fix major problems, games releasing unfinished, etc.

You can't tell kids anything. They'll probably call you poor for this post lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#36Mr_ENBRANPosted 3/28/2014 9:02:11 AM
For me it's absolutely a great time to be a gamer. Dark souls 2 & Titanfall will probably end up being 2 of my all time favourite games..

The only downside at the moment is having to choose between them after work..
#37omega1110Posted 3/28/2014 9:09:56 AM
Heracylost posted...
Like me I don't play online unless it's PC, no paywall.
And rehashes are the same mechanics as Devil may Cry. COD, and countless others. The imagination is gone. It the same game over and over with different sprites.

There are good ones, but the majority are over budget movies with some game elements. Rock bottom has hit on JRPGs, they are now nearly unplayabe. Just horrible games, including everything from SE.

Gaming has always been full of rehashes, Pong had clones! Mega Man had the whole update game release new version format down before COD was a glimmer in a developers eye. And past rehashes cannot be mentioned without saying Street Fighter 2, it had clones, copy cats, and by george it was rehashed by Capcom 500 bazillion times.

That being said I agree that it is a great time to be a gamer, and I also agree with the folk who have said its been a great time to be a gamer for a good while now. I'd say at least since the 1980's. I stated gaming back in 1983 and I have never been without a good game to play, and thats despite the home game crash taking place back then.

Also don't take my calling Mega Man and Street Fighter rehashes as an insult to the series, I love both of em, I had multiple versions of each franchise.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#38omega1110Posted 3/28/2014 9:22:29 AM
It can be hard to be a gamer on a budget depending on what kind of gamer you are. I am a big couch co-op player and buying controls is expensive, but I can't kick the habit. Back in the day it wasn't a big deal me and my core group of friends had a good mix of systems. Between the four or us there were two Dreamcast owners, two Playstion owners, two N64 owners, two Playstation 2 owners and two Xbox owners. Everybody only had to buy one extra control and we were set for 4 player split-screen. It went down hill from there, one Xbox 360 owner, one PS3 owner and one Wii owner(one of the four stopped buying new consoles with the N64). Buying 3 extra controls cost about $240 bucks, not cheap at all! I actually got rid of a Wii I was recently given because about two weeks later I was gifted my Xbox One, I didn't want to shell out enough cash to gear up two systems at the same time!
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.