"Xbox Live Prepares To Warn and Punish Players with Bad Reputations"

#21BigBOO2UPosted 3/27/2014 2:10:40 PM
ZEROthefirst posted...
It will probably be something like what's happening with Call of Duty right now. If you're cheating you get banned from the game, if you're not cheating an in a room with a cheater and don't know it then you're probably banned like a lot of people have been recently.

I just love the fact that you can be in a room with a cheater and Microsoft dumps a guilt by random association ban on you. They did this with the COD franchise, sad to hear it is going widespread now.

At least I know if I pick up a PS4 I will never have to worry about losing my ability to play online games through no fault of my own.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#22HELZEROPosted 3/27/2014 2:35:56 PM
I'm going to let people kill me now in fear that they might give me bad feedback. Then I will send them a friendly message saying "good kill buddy!". You should too.
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#230PTICSPosted 3/27/2014 2:39:15 PM
The rating system is flawed. I give bad reps to rage quitters/boosters. Some of those players sat at 3 stars and after I gave them that bad rep..... it kicked them up to 5 stars.
#24OUberLordPosted 3/27/2014 2:40:54 PM
0PTICS posted...
The rating system is flawed. I give bad reps to rage quitters/boosters. Some of those players sat at 3 stars and after I gave them that bad rep..... it kicked them up to 5 stars.

That's not how the rating system has ever worked on the Xbox One.
#25crynryanPosted 3/27/2014 4:39:51 PM
KurtHectic posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...
It will probably be something like what's happening with Call of Duty right now. If you're cheating you get banned from the game, if you're not cheating an in a room with a cheater and don't know it then you're probably banned like a lot of people have been recently.

It did get me thinking though, how will MS know the difference if a player is playing cheap, or actually cheating? Could someone potentially get reported for quick scoping and/or camping in COD, or turret spawn killing in Aliens: Colonial Marines (yes, I love the multiplayer in that game, don't judge me) Even though a lot of people hate being on the receiving end, I get bad rep for "unsporting conduct". Some of the things I do are cheap, yes, but I am not a cheater/modder/hacker. So theoretically with this new system, a bunch of butthurt people could kill someone's rep even if that person isn't cheating?

It's going to be pretty impossible to cheat on console games that use dedicated servers. All the game logic is done on the servers, all your console does is show you what the server says is happening and sends your input to the server. The server does everything like moving characters and bullets, and thus can't be changed by hacks since people don't have control over the servers. Most of the hacks done in COD are done by people changing certain values (like how much ammo you can have, the gravity values, movement speed values) on their own console, so that when they're host (also known as being a server) the game uses their modded values to make the game play differently.

The only thing people can do to hack on console, is stuff like aimbots or wall hacks, but that would only be possible after the console itself had been modded (and even then, it's most likely impossible that it ever will happen). But since that hasn't happened yet (and even if it does, it'd be pretty hard to keep your modded console on Live without getting banned), no one can really cheat or mod anything.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#26Golden MavenPosted 3/27/2014 4:44:19 PM
Nothing wrong with weeding out cheaters, but I disagree with regulating behaviour (playing cheap, trolling, whatever). It is not a good direction for any online gaming platform and babies people.
#27mokmuudPosted 3/27/2014 4:48:25 PM
I think if negative feedback that affects rep also is going to affect your consoles functions(like twitch) they should have to provide a game clip of the offence.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539