Man Microsoft seems to be doing everything in their power to keep people away.

#61ejay8320Posted 3/27/2014 9:32:33 AM
CKnight posted...
lazer_lice posted...
CKnight posted...
WartPig_ posted...
CKnight posted...
This isn't as bad as the tons of people including myself losing a lot of bought DLC and games off of PSN on the PS3. Transactions and download history disappearing and Sony not knowing what to do to fix the problem.

And they're tying to charge for this mess of a network. Hopefully PSN on the PS4 isn't as janky.

they removed the games that open exploits to the system. they go back after a fix is made. MS would do the same if the issue came up and they cared to protect other users but they dont. im not defending sony just correcting your miss information. sony recently removed a couple games last week from the vita. the patch comes out today and the games will be back on peoples history. thats how you stop CFW and hackers and so far the vita hasnt been cracked. if i recall the 360 was cracked day one and ever since while sony held it off for quite some time with these methods on the PS3. to bad they cant secure their user info as well but they got OS security down better than MS ever will.

My download and transaction history was empty save for one game Dust. When I called SOny support they don't know what to do or what's wrong.

As of now I'm out hundreds of dollars that was spent on games and dlc on the PS3.

PSN is a crock of ****.

I don't care what you say. I'm going by my experience and what I've seen and delt with for the last couple weeks. And when I go to Sony's main site, many, many people are reporting the same thing.

Strange no one is talking about it. If it was XBL/MS the sky would be on fire. Forbes would have Blogs, and everyone would question MS's future when it comes to selling digital content.

Keep lying fanboy.

Do a little search. Or in fact call Sony support and ask them if people are reporting this problem.

Funny thing is that when you look into it, this has been happening to people for years.

Every time I've purchased from the PSN I receive an e-mail saying what was purchased (its called a receipt).

You still have those? It's a proof of purchase and should allow you to get your purchases restored.
#62CKnightPosted 3/27/2014 10:30:05 AM
You still have those? It's a proof of purchase and should allow you to get your purchases restored.

I have some of them. Doesn't change the fact PSN is garbage and anyone who purchases content from it should be cautious because unlike XBL all your content could be erased and as of now Sony doesn't know how to fix the problem.

Also keep in mind that some content gets taken down and you can't get it again without it already being in your DL/Transaction history so having the online receipt can ultimately be useless because Sony doesn't know how to restore your lost history.

Also be weary of those who say PSN is better because they're only talking about the free games they get from plus.

PSN online gameplay overall is unstable compared to XBL. Your purchases are not entirely secure and the menu navigation in the PS store is ass.

But you can play some games for free. But those free plus games can disappear too, even if your a constant subscriber.

What pisses me off the most isn't necessarily the money. It's the stuff I can't get back such as the DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#63ejay8320Posted 3/27/2014 11:00:35 AM
CKnight posted...

I have some of them. Doesn't change the fact PSN is garbage and anyone who purchases content from it should be cautious because unlike XBL all your content could be erased and as of now Sony doesn't know how to fix the problem.

Also keep in mind that some content gets taken down and you can't get it again without it already being in your DL/Transaction history so having the online receipt can ultimately be useless because Sony doesn't know how to restore your lost history.

Also be weary of those who say PSN is better because they're only talking about the free games they get from plus.

PSN online gameplay overall is unstable compared to XBL. Your purchases are not entirely secure and the menu navigation in the PS store is ass.

But you can play some games for free. But those free plus games can disappear too, even if your a constant subscriber.

What pisses me off the most isn't necessarily the money. It's the stuff I can't get back such as the DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Um its clearly stated Sony has every right to remove a Instant game collection/content at anytime they please so I have no idea why your complaining... So you'd rather have Sony leave an exploitable software up so another hacking incident could happen?

You claim its garbage because of your issues, guess what every service has issues - it seems you're not even willing to try to get some of the stuff back despite having proof of purchases.

I've personally had little to no issues with PSN(BUT THATS ONLY MY EXPERIENCE) when playing online, there are too many factors to say it's PSN fault. I couldn't connect to Dota2 at one point because my ISP did some routing changes, have you tried to contact your ISP to see if its an issue with them. When I played World of Warcraft - there was a time during peak hours the game was unplayable because my previous ISP was throttling ALL Peer to Peer traffic which WoW used. Your too quick to place blame with out trying to solve the issue.
#64gogogodzillaPosted 3/27/2014 11:06:23 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
It's gonna be a hot mess for awhile til everyone gets sorted out into their respective lane.

I'm all for this--but I'm concerned also about it being abused.

Just get ready to contact Microsoft if you feel you're being targeted unfairly--hopefully there will be something in place to protect the innocent. As stated above, it's gonna take awhile to iron everything out.

On the other hand, I'm ready to report people early and often for offenses. It's about time Microsoft took care of some of the idiots on Live.

For a service to be as lax as they are while also touting how family friendly they are is just ridiculous.

Considering how much time and effort that will entail, do you really want to play on a system that would need it?
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#65gogogodzillaPosted 3/27/2014 11:10:07 AM
Hucast9 posted...
It doesn't matter what you say or what I say. For thousands of years, whereever there has been a large gathering of people, a hierachy has formed to maintain order. Anywhere where money flows, and a large amount of people gather, there is a hierarchy. Xbox Live is no exception.

The fact of the matter is that Xbox Live is not yours. Xbox Live belongs to Microsoft, and if Microsoft wants to use that system in the U.S., then they are subject to U.S. laws and regulations. Apex, you have no right to 100% privacy on Xbox Live. Your 100% privacy begins and ends while physically being in a room face to face with someone.

It's amazing that people will actually pay money for that sort of treatment.

The quote, "Thank you, sir, may I have another." comes to mind.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#66GondolinRisesPosted 3/27/2014 11:24:56 AM
TheTakeover13 posted...
RIP Man Microsoft and the whining, cry babies shot up to 97 complaints.

That thread was one of the funniest moments in gamefaqs history. Man fan died at the room shot up to 97 degrees.

So gold.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#67Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 11:43:16 AM
CKnight posted...
WartPig_ posted...
CKnight posted...
This isn't as bad as the tons of people including myself losing a lot of bought DLC and games off of PSN on the PS3. Transactions and download history disappearing and Sony not knowing what to do to fix the problem.

And they're tying to charge for this mess of a network. Hopefully PSN on the PS4 isn't as janky.

they removed the games that open exploits to the system. they go back after a fix is made. MS would do the same if the issue came up and they cared to protect other users but they dont. im not defending sony just correcting your miss information. sony recently removed a couple games last week from the vita. the patch comes out today and the games will be back on peoples history. thats how you stop CFW and hackers and so far the vita hasnt been cracked. if i recall the 360 was cracked day one and ever since while sony held it off for quite some time with these methods on the PS3. to bad they cant secure their user info as well but they got OS security down better than MS ever will.

My download and transaction history was empty save for one game Dust. When I called SOny support they don't know what to do or what's wrong.

As of now I'm out hundreds of dollars that was spent on games and dlc on the PS3.

PSN is a crock of ****.

I don't care what you say. I'm going by my experience and what I've seen and delt with for the last couple weeks. And when I go to Sony's main site, many, many people are reporting the same thing.

Strange no one is talking about it. If it was XBL/MS the sky would be on fire. Forbes would have Blogs, and everyone would question MS's future when it comes to selling digital content.

MS has already shown though with the original xbox once the servers go down you won't be playing any of your dlc. I can't play my BF2 dlc.
#68daniel79Posted 3/27/2014 12:01:02 PM
Some of the comments in here are laughable. Don't like it? Don't pay for it.

Plain and simple. But no, you keep moaning and you keep paying for Live. Well done, genius.
#69shauntenninePosted 3/27/2014 1:42:33 PM
TrickyPony posted...
This is where we need the tinfoil wearing conspiracy theorists that think MS has the manpower to sift through millions of hours of Kinect footage. When someone makes a complaint they can just check the footage of the game the complaint was made in and deem it valid or not, appropriate penalties will be doled out and zero abuse. Perfect!

Where are you guys?

Sorry buddy but the NSA isn't worried about how good you are at titanfall... The Kinect doesn't record your game footage.

They're concerned with what goes on in the privacy of your house. And what all you're willing to submit to, like an always on camera and microphone pointed at your bed.
#70blacklabelicePosted 3/27/2014 4:27:39 PM
does anybody here even have a positive reputation?

if so, how often do you play online, and what kind of games do you play?