Dead Franchises to revive to make Microsoft's box a MUST-BUY?

#71universaldavePosted 3/27/2014 10:02:50 AM
This doesn't by itself make the system a "must buy" but, as I pointed out in the baseball topic, MS should really do something with the High Heat license.
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#72The_DOAMPosted 3/27/2014 10:10:21 AM
Dead franchises??

You mean the stuff they bought from Rare??
Rare's acquisition was nothing more than an attempt by Microsoft to weaken Nintendo and thus get a better foothold into the market will trying to create their own identity for exclusive FPS.

Heck prior to that Nintendo was the FPS king and you can't have Halo as your flagship when the creators of Goldneye/Perfect Dark would just release a new game and still your thunder. When Halo hit their were no FPS contenders as the only competition was purchased.

Also no dead franchises they own will make the system a must buy as their too new a console provider and they focus on third party support not creating their own software so they don't have a history to pull from. Nintendo, Sega, and even Sony do however and the revival of Kid Icarus on the 3ds and Strider on the PS4 are too examples. So while Nintendo can revive lets say Star Tropics and Sony can bring back Ape Escape Microsoft would have to go to Sega for such a thing. Seeing how they haven't really worked together since the original Xbox that doesn't seem good. So a revival of lets say Phantasy Star(RPG), Shenmue, Toe jam and Earl, Panzer Dragoon, Comix Zone, Yakuza, or even Crazy Taxi will probably happen with Sony or Nintendo. Their currently under contract with Nintendo making exclusive Sonic games 2 of 3 is coming soon actually with the revival of the Sega console exclusive Strider I'm willing to bet Sony would like to get some old school Sega exclusives under their belt and I'm hoping Vectorman which is so much cooler than Knack..
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#73Transam98Posted 3/27/2014 10:14:42 AM
Custer's Revenge.
---
I know a guy in the US government that says he was proof that aliens exist. He works for the USPS.
#74tobydammitPosted 3/27/2014 10:15:19 AM
Phantom Dust!
#75feared4powerPosted 3/27/2014 10:16:06 AM
conker
#76realaddmantisPosted 3/27/2014 10:29:23 AM
Toxicum_S posted...
2006_ posted...
A new KOTOR would be enough for me.

Yup.

Im going the ps4 route but if they announced a 1player Kotor for xbox..... Oh gawd, need to change underwear
---
GT: Tennessee Tux
Char Aznable says "let the brehvolution begin!!"
#77chip1289Posted 3/27/2014 10:34:47 AM
chromehounds
#78blas4ublasphemyPosted 3/27/2014 10:41:29 AM
Einhander, Dragonforce, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Bushido Blade, Gunstar Heroes, Brave Fencer Musashi, Blast Corps, Daytona USA, Tetrisphere or NHL Hitz.
#79hyperskate65Posted 3/27/2014 10:43:28 AM
The only reason I would ever buy an X1 is if Shenmue 3 came out and was X1 exclusive.

And even then I'd return it not long after.
---
his comparison suggests we're closet african americans.
PSN BlahblahUnicornx 3rd General UMvC3 Heroes
#80eternalblue02Posted 3/27/2014 10:47:24 AM(edited)
I'd like to see a new Kameo game.

A new Treasure game, the HD releases on Arcade were what made me buy a 360.

Sega Ages Phantasy Star IV...

Klonoa
Vandal Hearts
Chaos Legion
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar