Predictions: who has better e3 Sony or MS?

#71ExempliGratiaPosted 3/31/2014 10:39:30 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
MS E3 conference last year was better than Sony's hands down. All Microsoft did was show games. Sony however did not. They showed barely anything and then at the end they took the shot at MS. As far as conferences go MS won at e3. They still lost e3 however because of all the backlash from the launch event and Sony stole more even momentum with the no used game locked announcement and price. E3 is about games people.

I Hope both companies just show games. No new video services. No new peripherals. Just games.

lol...that was funny

on topic.............................................
i vote microsoft wins this year
everything is going sonys way

microsoft will announce a bunch of exclusives

My fault if the facts were funny to you.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#72RemakeMePosted 3/31/2014 11:08:10 AM
Sony will definitely have a better e3 on paper.
I think anything Naughty Dog shows will blow any competition away.

I think most 3rd party devs will want to demo from the PS4 as being the lead console. Especially with them selling more hardware than the ONE. Many devs may be wary of exclusive contracts this time around for the One so that aspect may be lacking.

VR- Morpheus is the future and Facebook pushing Occulus as a mainstream thing is a GOOD thing for Sony. It only means more exclusives from Sony while also getting more 3rd party support for orpheus and morpheus due to the Occulus getting big mainstream spotlight from Facebook.

...Which means more more software to showcase VR than normal. Unlike Kinnect or Move being cool things to showcase without much support. VR will have tons of support due to Facebook buying Occulus alone.

Love or hate it - Media Molecule are pretty cool at showing their games engines,techs....Seeing what they have for PS4 will be pretty cool! Definitely will show up to show off their game possibly with VR support.

-unannounced games possibly shown - Guerrilla Games - although may make uninspired decent shooters but a rumored RPG in dev could be a great thing. They make games that are pretty much leading in graphics and a more wacky/technical rpg with depth seems more right up their alley.

-Indies, more indies seem to be want to be apart of Sony. This is a good thing.

Microsoft will show off maybe some augment reality with kinnect maybe - cool thing but AR is nothing special compared to VR IMO. Microsoft pretty much only has Halo and Gears (Gears probably not even ready to be shown for quite a long while) and Halo is Halo we know it's coming, will it be hyped? Maybe, but not as much as the been in the past. Plus Microsoft 1st party studios are nowhere near the quality of Sony's IMO.

with that said, the only thing i only care about is new Uncharted/ND game and a new Fallout!
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#73ejay8320Posted 3/31/2014 11:13:37 AM
@TreGooda

Well believe what you want, really doesn't affect me, but your responses speak volumes. Your reverting back to name calling...

My original point was MS didn't address the issues people had with the Xbox One and thats why It was a failure, despite them showing a good amount of games. By ignoring the issue they shot themselves in the foot.

You then come along calling people who had issues with DRM children and ignorant.

And you say I'm annoying... Looks like you were the one starting the trouble in this conversation.

Well done with this, off to lunch, enjoy your day.
#74scoobydoobydontPosted 3/31/2014 11:20:02 AM
MS has never had an E3 showing that was worse than Sony. Never. Not Project Natal unveiling, not this past E3, never. Since MS entered the industry, they have showed better games and had tighter presentations while Sony on the otherhand has resorted to trolling and always wastes too much time on portables no one cares about and dry, boring industry data. PS4 is better than Xbone, and PS2 beat Xbox hands down, but E3 has never been a contest IMO. MS always has a better show, MS always has more titles I actually want to play.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#75HeathenutopiaPosted 3/31/2014 11:24:52 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
MS has never had an E3 showing that was worse than Sony. Never. Not Project Natal unveiling, not this past E3, never. Since MS entered the industry, they have showed better games and had tighter presentations while Sony on the otherhand has resorted to trolling and always wastes too much time on portables no one cares about and dry, boring industry data. PS4 is better than Xbone, and PS2 beat Xbox hands down, but E3 has never been a contest IMO. MS always has a better show, MS always has more titles I actually want to play.

OMG! I want whatever you are smoking.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#76RybalPosted 3/31/2014 12:49:59 PM
TreGooda posted...
Children and ignorant gamers were worried about DRM. Sony definitely addressed their fan base during E3 but that type of presentation didn't win anything. It was the worst E3 I've ever seen from any of the big companies.

If this were true, then why was there such a strong reaction to Sony's statement that there would be no DRM for disk games? That's something that people wanted to know that MS would have benefited from acknowledging. They could have done it in a press release for all I care. That was the point that he was trying to make.

----------------------------------------

There are some things that MS needs to touch on this year, in addition to their gaming. They need to announce when X1 owners can expect to see GWG come to the X1. They need to introduce a game that makes good use of the Kinect.

Honestly, if they were to come out and say that the only thing that Xbox LIVE was necessary for was online play and that you could access all of the other features of the console without it, that would guarantee the win for them, in my mind.

There are a couple of things that I'm expecting out of Sony for E3. The biggest one is going to be information about PS Now, including rollout dates and official pricing information. They will probably also talk about Morpheus, though I'm fairly certain that they will spend more time talking about it than they should. They'll also talk about their plans for their own independent television stuff, though that will likely only take up a few minutes, just like last year.

What I would LOVE to see from both companies is information on planned updates to the systems. What are they working on that they expect to be working within the next 6-12 months? (Specifically related to the system - not games, necessarily)

Both will have a ton of games to show off and it will be interesting to see where things go. At the end of the day, however, I have no idea who is going to have the better E3 this year.

Oh, and for all of the people who are treating that little jab as part of Sony's conference, it wasn't. It was released AFTER the conference. This is kind of like the way that MS's reveal and conference are merged in the minds of people.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#77BDJaycePosted 3/31/2014 12:52:27 PM
Microsoft has a lot of ground to make up and a lot of bridges to rebuild. I think they'll go in with people not expecting much but will blow a lot of doubters away.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#78Xuande12Posted 3/31/2014 12:54:17 PM
Jedi454 posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Sony will, by far, have the better E3. They have a lot of momentum and a clear lead in sales. Now all they need to do is carry on the momentum.

Let me give you some momentum with a heavy push back to the playstation 4 boards.

So there is only one answer then? If there is only one answer then why is this topic an opinion question? I'm baffled. Do tell me more.
---
Stop complaining about your massive backlog and just administer an enema already.
#79levelshooterPosted 3/31/2014 12:54:27 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
Whichever one announces Shenmue 3.

This ^
---
-not changing this Sig until David Moyes is sacked or wins a major trophy
#80BDJaycePosted 3/31/2014 12:58:49 PM
Xuande12 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Sony will, by far, have the better E3. They have a lot of momentum and a clear lead in sales. Now all they need to do is carry on the momentum.

Let me give you some momentum with a heavy push back to the playstation 4 boards.

So there is only one answer then? If there is only one answer then why is this topic an opinion question? I'm baffled. Do tell me more.

Apparently around here if you side with Sony then you're a troll. Even if it's an opinion question you never side with Sony.. ever. Just smile, nod, and tell them what they want to hear because your opinion doesn't matter!
---
GT: JamesBolton0723