FULGORE REVEAL TRAILER Killer instinct.

#21EnclavePosted 3/27/2014 10:34:03 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
If you don't remember Lui Kang than you never played mortal kombat in the arcade.

It was him/scorpion/subzero/smoke/johnny cage and the bloody raiden that everyone would pick.

I remember Lui Kang very well. He certainly isn't as popular of a character as Sub-Zero. Whenever I'd be playing MK in the arcade or in a tourney I'd usually be up against people playing as Sub-Zero or Raiden more than anybody else.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#22Robin_MaskPosted 3/27/2014 10:38:31 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
If you don't remember Lui Kang than you never played mortal kombat in the arcade.

It was him/scorpion/subzero/smoke/johnny cage and the bloody raiden that everyone would pick.

I do.

One problem, Smoke hardly has appearances in the old games to begin with. MK2 he was a secret boss fight like Reptile in the first game, I don't think he is selectable in MK3 but is selectable in UMK3, don't think so on MK4 but probably in MK Gold?

But think about it, after all the Bruce Lee clones later. Which characters stand out the most for every franchise?

Street Fighter has the original 12. Actually, the entire 17 from Super Turbo I would argue. But it can get tough for some.

Fatal Fury has Terry and Geese.

King of Fighters has Kyo, Iori and Rugal.

Virtua Fighter is known for Akira, Ryu clone in looks and not much else. Easy to see why.

Tekken has Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin.

Dead or Alive has Ryu Hayabusa.
---
Please help support! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#23RyuuHou25Posted 3/27/2014 10:48:58 AM
Nice to see they did such a good job on his visuals and what not, and his play style looks to have remained largely in tact too. Can't say I liked the trailer much though, pretty piss poor choice for music.

Remix of his original theme would have been much better imo.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#24JtheMonkeyPosted 3/27/2014 12:58:19 PM
Enclave posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I remember Lui Kang very well. He certainly isn't as popular of a character as Sub-Zero. Whenever I'd be playing MK in the arcade or in a tourney I'd usually be up against people playing as Sub-Zero or Raiden more than anybody else.

Wrong on so many levels... Lui Kang has been just as popular (if not more) as Sub Zero since the game was created. The only character I can think of that could possibly trump his would be Scorpion. Like @Tyronelio1 said, a staple of the original arcade game.

That and since you were amazed that KI was released without Fulgore, I am most likely correct that you haven't played it yet. Go play a round before you criticize something you are unfamiliar with. Double Helix and MS Studios has done FANTASTIC laying the foundation for this GREAT addition to the FGC and for Iron Galaxy Studios to carry on. I am really excited for the addition of Fulgore, the lobbies, and Arcade mode, the trailer looks sick!
#25CKnightPosted 3/27/2014 1:06:36 PM
JtheMonkey posted...
Enclave posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Wrong on so many levels... Lui Kang has been just as popular (if not more) as Sub Zero since the game was created. The only character I can think of that could possibly trump his would be Scorpion. Like @Tyronelio1 said, a staple of the original arcade game.

That and since you were amazed that KI was released without Fulgore, I am most likely correct that you haven't played it yet. Go play a round before you criticize something you are unfamiliar with. Double Helix and MS Studios has done FANTASTIC laying the foundation for this GREAT addition to the FGC and for Iron Galaxy Studios to carry on. I am really excited for the addition of Fulgore, the lobbies, and Arcade mode, the trailer looks sick!

I disagree. It's a hard sale that Liu Kang is as popular as Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Liu Kang is the main charact much like I figured Jago was for KI but Fulgore was always more popular than Jago.

And Sub-Zero and Scorpion were always more popular than Liu Kang. I might give Liu Kang the slight edge in MK1 but MK2 and up was always Sub-Zero and Scoprion.
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#26ResinatedFuturePosted 3/27/2014 1:14:44 PM
I disagree. It's a hard sale that Liu Kang is as popular as Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Liu Kang is the main charact much like I figured Jago was for KI but Fulgore was always more popular than Jago.

And Sub-Zero and Scorpion were always more popular than Liu Kang. I might give Liu Kang the slight edge in MK1 but MK2 and up was always Sub-Zero and Scoprion.

I'll give you that, but when I think of Mortal Kombat in the arcade, the original is the one that I remember best. I was actually working a part-time job at the arcade down the street from the house I grew up in when the truck came and delivered MK!. I'll never forget all of the gamers that freaked out when we moved Street Fighter II to another spot and put MK there... almost a riot incited.

I just changed my username here to ResinatedFuture from JtheMonkey in case you were wonderin why a random dude picked up the same conversation, lol.
---
C-C-Combo Breakin' since '95
#27BoomerHelllPosted 3/27/2014 5:26:42 PM
nice, Matt and Woolie from super best friends must be hyped!
#28mokmuudPosted 3/27/2014 5:35:50 PM
I pissed there is no cinder
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#29Neutron15Posted 3/27/2014 10:26:28 PM
mokmuud posted...
I pissed there is no cinder

Season 2, also DH is doing 3 characters at a time, so technically Season 2 has already started but Iron Galaxy will continue the job
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#30da_StoOgePosted 3/27/2014 10:33:15 PM
Chun Li > Ryu

FIGHT!!!
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.