Why did you buy your Xbox ONE for?

#11omega1110Posted 3/27/2014 11:57:02 AM
64 Player Battlefield was a lure for me also, and Project Spark, although I must admit I was going to hold out for a new Halo, but I ended being gifted my console. I am loving it, especially using voice commands to go directly to games and apps, its convenient enough that I am considering going mostly digital for this generation. Didn't realize how much time could saved by not having to switch disc, wait for the disc to load before starting to play. Xbox Fitness is pretty nice as well I need to use it more. I also like the Xbox Record that command, I always have something I wish my buddy could have seen and now its easy to do so.
---
" I thought you were going to fight alone; I
said come alone...I didn't say anything about me." G.O.B.
#120PTICSPosted 3/27/2014 12:02:23 PM(edited)
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Past history

TrueBlue91 posted...
I find the notion of it being an "all in one" absolutely hilarious. Does NO ONE own a PC anymore?

As entertainment is concerned, yeah, it is somewhat an all in one with that HDMI in port.

You know whats really hilarious besides having to constantly upgrade a PC to play a new game everytime? Sony's "It only does everything" when advertising the PS3.
#13heffley19Posted 3/27/2014 12:17:42 PM
What did you buy your Xbox ONE for?
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
#14Lawboy2Posted 3/27/2014 12:33:08 PM
The extra feature that's what I'm all about...I could care less about the games to be totally honest....that's why I got my xbox first and my playstation second...the only new feature that I would use is the headphone jack in the controller but now that I have the adaptor I the headphone jack is piss poor....they need to add a feature that allows u to control volume using the ds4
#15Semp1Posted 3/27/2014 12:48:30 PM
I bought it because I'm a gamer and owning one system would prevent rim playing as many games as possible.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#16TreGoodaPosted 3/27/2014 12:51:36 PM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...
I find the notion of it being an "all in one" absolutely hilarious. Does NO ONE own a PC anymore?

I have multiple pcs (2 of which are gaming pcs) and have a well organized home network with sharing capabilities.

With that being said. The X1 is an excellent device that does things I cannot easily setup a pc to do and does it for a fraction of the cost.

Too bad you aren't informed, you wouldn't have made your post.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#17FinaliizePosted 3/27/2014 12:54:33 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...

some people dont want to sit in a desk chair with a mouse, gtfo with that elitist attitude its common sense
#18sonicteam2k1Posted 3/27/2014 12:58:36 PM
honestly I dunno...
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#19yiangaruuugaPosted 3/27/2014 12:58:49 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...

Most people do own a laptop. However, most laptops cannot play games as well as a console, and it would be a pain to have your laptop connected to your TV via HDMI, and do everything through there.

For instance, I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos with a Quad-Core i7-3635QM @ 2.4Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2GB GDDR5 Nvidia GPU with an integrated Intel HD4400 GPU, and a 1TB HDD. I wouldn't play games on it though, and I use it mainly for school work.

Yet, I find myself using my XB1 for multimedia due to my TV having a bigger screen, and myself being able to multitask on school work while using watching movies, twitch, my roommate playing games, etc.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#20Joey-ZazaPosted 3/27/2014 1:00:01 PM
I sit at a computer ALL FREAKING DAY for 40+ hours a week for my job why the f*** would I even want to LOOK at a computer when I go home?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I